High Quality Wii Component Cables (Shhhhh.,. On The Low-Low)

meta460085

CAGiversary!
:applause:(How exciting, my first post)
To anyone who likes the best picture possible out of their graphic powerhouse Nintendo (Laugh)(Laugh) Wii (Smirk)(Laugh) this is for you. CircuitCity.com has the Psyclone Component cables on clearance for $20.99. These are Model # PSC111 and they MSRP for $59.99 at BestBuy.com and other fine retailers. I personally ordered two as I have always preffered Psyclone Cables to Monster Cables. By the way reviews about the cables range from good to the next coming of you know who.
Here is the link kids------> http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Psyc...sem/rpsm/oid/164930/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

[quote name='eastx']Cheaper component cables can suck.[/quote]Keyword there is can. I'm not saying that every cable ever purchased from monoprice is perfect, but extensive testing has shown that under 6 feet, even with component or composite cables, there's no discernible difference in quality between different brands.

Most of what I've seen posted here seems to be speculation or blind attacks. I have both first party component cables and cheap-as-dirt generic component cables for my Wii. When I got the Nintendo branded ones I did a ton of obsessive comparisons and as far as I could tell the images they delivered were identical. My recommendation is to go all-out cheapass on cables.

I went through the same process with our DVD player (before we switched to HDMI) and had the exact same experience comparing generic cables and fancy gold-plated Monster cables.

[quote name='v0yce']Except that's not true and being a HT install guy you should know that. Most complaints with the exotic cable brands are that their minor image quality improvements don't match their grossly overblown price markup. Its mostly about clever marketing spin than it is technical achievement.

There's a reason the recommend percentage of your HT budget for cables is so low. Its because it really makes a very small difference and that money would be better spent elsewhere.

That being said, I see no problems with posting a deal about them. Obviously if the price to quality ratio gets in line with cheaper ones, then its a worthy investment. But saying "you get what you pay for," is misleading and frankly ignorant.[/quote]

The point he's making is cheap analog cables CAN be a problem. I doubt he'd ever recommend a 120$ cable.

"You get what you pay for" is true when it comes to analog. Just not on the consumer level necessarily. If whoever manufactures the cables does it right and doesn't cut corners you get a good analog cable.

Thanks for the deal OP but I'm pretty happy with the ones I found at Wal-Mart, the brand escapes me at the moment, I was just happy to have found a Wii and needed cables ASAP.

I'm no videophile but I play my Wii (har har) on my 42" Plasma screen and can't really see anything that I would want to improve. The VC games look incredible, it's like playing in the arcade. Well, if you found Legend of Zelda : LTTP on an arcade monitor.

if yall dont like the deal then just state that you don't and keep it moving.....you people on the internet always take it TOO far attacking character and such

just say where the lower deal is and keep it moving!

bread's done
Back