Hilarious website about 'fancy' baby names

dtcarson

CAGiversary!
I'm skimming this website and honestly laughing out loud.
I assume everyone has noticed that kids names are getting more 'fancy' and 'different' in the last 10 or so years. Probably everyone knows a Madison or a Jayson or a Kaylee or someone here is one of these. My own son's name is a little different itself.
This website has collected clips from baby/parent message boards with 'unusual' names. Some of the names are interesting, some of them are wacky, but what I'm really laughing at is the guy's comments for almost every posting.
Check it out:
http://notwithoutmyhandbag.com/babynames/index.html

Wow there's a lot to read and I'm too lazy. From what I've read is funny though.

The dumbest 'fancy' name I've heard (I don't know if its on there) is someone naming their kid Espn after the sports channel.

Madison makes me sick personally. It's the second or third most popular girls name now.. and the name was invented in the goddamn movie Splash. When the mermaid wanted to have a name pronouncable in English she looked at Madison Ave and her name became Madison...

So now a large percentage of baby girls are named after a movie character that was named after a road in New York.. thats just sick.

Oh god. My mother just had a baby, (half-brother) and she named her kid Jaydon. I tried and tried to stop her, but to no avail. And after I read the Jaden thing, I was laughing, but in an ironic way.

[quote name='redrobot']people need to just stop making up names. I met someone named Chandelier once pronounced shan-de-lay[/quote]
Someone should beat their parents to death. Think of the pain in school when the roll call comes up she has to correct them when the pronounce the word correctly.

My wife knows someone whose last name is Walker.
Kids' name:
Luke Sky Walker.
no joke.
Abcde? That's not even creative, that's just sad. Help him learn the alphabet, though.

I name my boys Nicholas and then Ryan.

My daughters are Ember and Fawn though...

I tried to be fancy but I didnt want to just make up a name.

My brother told me that a kid he went to school with was Delon. His last name...Moore.

Delon Moore. Say it fast.

My sister is pregant with a boy. SHe is going to name it Hunter.

What do you guys think of that one?

[quote name='Xevious']My sister is pregant with a boy. SHe is going to name it Hunter.

What do you guys think of that one?[/quote]

I know these people who have a cat named hunter

bread's done
Back