History Channel: Civil War - XBOX 360 - $19.99

[quote name='spsummers']Pretty good price, but didn't that game get terrible reviews?[/quote]

C'mon Deputy Fife, you know better than anyone that a real man only needs one round of ammunition.

It's been this price for a while now, I picked it up back in November at gamestop for this price. Nice to see Amazon lowering it now though. I actually enjoyed the game myself. Everyone complained about reload time on the weapons but fail to understand that in reality the guns of civil war era took longer to reload then even the game portrays. It wasn't anything special, but if you are FPS fan like myself it is good fun at least. Also extremely easy achievements for gamerscore whores.

This game is abysmal at best (I have seen it in action). $19.99 is still too much. Thanks for the post, though.

Got this when GS had it for $15 on BF. Certainly not the most refined game, but it is an interesting take on the FPS. I enjoy it from time to time, in short bursts.

I didn't have any fun playing this game.

It was actually pretty horrible by FPS standards. The FPS genre is too cluttered, which makes the crappy parts of this game stand out even more.

I've played through this and it isn't great, I got some enjoyment out of it but it's a very poor FPS on a system with a lot of very good FPS's

Seems a bit pricey at $20, there is a fairly easy 700 odd points to be had just for playing through it for the point whores among us.

The game really isn't that bad. If you can overlook the somewhat dated graphics, although you can probably get as much enjoyment as you are going to get out of a rental.

The game is decent. I played through the whole thing last summer. The "one shot then reload" thing gets tiresome, but it was still a easy 6 hour FPS.

1000/1000 Achievement whores take note: One achievement is glitched and is unattainable (except by accident). The issue was never fixed. It's the "Pistoleer" achievement. This problem has been well documented on the Xbox.com boards. Some people have managed to get it, but no one can really say how. It's certainly not by what the achievement description details.

[quote name='heybtbm']The game is decent. I played through the whole thing last summer. The "one shot then reload" thing gets tiresome, but it was still a easy 6 hour FPS.

1000/1000 Achievement whores take note: One achievement is glitched and is unattainable (except by accident). The issue was never fixed. It's the "Pistoleer" achievement. This problem has been well documented on the Xbox.com boards. Some people have managed to get it, but no one can really say how. It's certainly not by what the achievement description details.[/quote]By the way, the achievement was fixed. (SPG with a profile that never played Civil War and play until you get the pistol achievement, it worked for me)

I rented this game a year ago and really wanted to like it because it was something new for FPS. There is some unintended humor there, but mostly a forgettable game. I do recall turning into an achievement whore, though, running through levels stabbing everyone to get the accuracy achievements.

That game is so terrible I actually enjoyed it. I even got 700 or so achievement points out of it -_- It really is terrible, but I guess you learn a microscopic bit of info about the Civil War. They don't even do that right tbh. You'll get about 5 hours out of it if you're willing to stick with it :)

bread's done
Back