History Channel - The Universe Complete Series (BD) - $55.49 @ Amazon (DVD $47.49)

shrike4242

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1043 (100%)
Amazon has The Universe Complete Series Megaset on Blu-Ray for $55.49 right now, though it's backordered by 2-4 weeks and still order-able:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/The-Universe-The-Complete-Series-Megaset-Blu-ray/B004HJ0ZMI

This includes all five seasons of The Universe on The History Channel, plus The 7 Wonders Of The Universe in 3D + 2D.

Comes on 16 BluRay discs, and MSRPs at $180.

Cheapest third-party vendor is $99 + $3 shipping.

EDIT: DVD version is $47.49 right now, with shipping in 9-10 days:
http://www.amazon.com/Universe-Complete-Megaset-DVD/dp/B004FOPFFC/
Cheapest 3rd party vendor for the DVD version is $92 + $3 shipping.

Last edited by a moderator:
According to the Blu-Ray.com review, the PQ has some issues in the earlier seasons, though the later ones (4 & 5) seem to look better.

Found that the DVD version is also reduced in a similar fashion to $47.49, with 9-10 day backorder.

[quote name='ssjmichael']It's still there, go to the other sellers page or look to right column.[/QUOTE]Came up right on the item page, so I guess Amazon fixed the listing so they're showing up first again.

I've been watching this show since the beginning and it's one of my favorites. I want to make people aware that History originally considered ending the series after season five which is why they released "the complete series" but in fact they have kept it going. Season six premiered in October on H2. Even so that's a great price for the first five seasons.

This show is easily one of the best astronomy documentaries out there. I would say the only one better was the short, 3 episode miniseries with Stephen Hawking as the host (can't remember the name tho lol).

I own 3 seasons of this already and will watch the remaining two on Netflix though.

[quote name='Darknuke']This show is easily one of the best astronomy documentaries out there. I would say the only one better was the short, 3 episode miniseries with Stephen Hawking as the host (can't remember the name tho lol).[/QUOTE]

Don't forget about Cosmos by Carl Sagan which is a classic and probably the best astronomy show to date.

This is a good show but it delves into apocalyptic talk a bit too often for my tastes. For every thought provoking episode you get two "WE ARE ALL DOOMED TO SUFFER THE UNIVERSE'S WRATH!" episodes. It's really overbearing and hurts an otherwise awesome show.

[quote name='Lucky13']I've been watching this show since the beginning and it's one of my favorites. I want to make people aware that History originally considered ending the series after season five which is why they released "the complete series" but in fact they have kept it going. Season six premiered in October on H2. Even so that's a great price for the first five seasons.[/QUOTE]I guess if there's a Season Six, then this really isn't the complete series set? :lol:

[quote name='shrike4242']I guess if there's a Season Six, then this really isn't the complete series set? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Haha nope. They should make a joke out of it if they ever release another complete series with a tagline like "we are serious this time!"

To be honest I don't see this series ever ending. Not with how much is going on in the world of cosmology right now. It will either come back after a long layoff like they just had between seasons 5 and 6 or there will be specials constantly popping up every couple months.

[quote name='ssjmichael']It's still there, go to the other sellers page or look to right column.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, ended up picking it up. Lots of docs to watch this holiday season.

bread's done
Back