hit me a little craigslist gold mine

Visc

CAGiversary!
Feedback
87 (100%)
So I was browsing the local craigslist ads a few days ago, and I came across and ad for a dreamcast bundle for $50 with a fair share of games. Since I already have a DC of my own, I inquired if they'd sell a few games from the bundle for me and to name a price. Sure enough, they gave the good word and said $10 for the 5 games I wanted. Being that they are in a part of Connecticut I've never been to, plus the whole not owning a car thing, I opted to have them shipped to me for $6 extra ( I decided to be a little generous). Today in the mail, I can say I'm rather happy with my results. The cases to some were a bit damaged, but after a few replacements with some spares I had, I ended up with 5 rather good dreamcast games that cost me, when divided up, $3.20 each shipped:

games1.jpg
games2.jpg

Chu Chu Rocket, Skies of Arcadia, Dead or Alive 2, Grandia II, and my personal favorite in that find:

games3.jpg

Shenmue 2 :bouncy:

Everything worked perfectly, with the exception that you have to load disc 2 of SoA first to get it to play disc 1. I also think I'm going to need to get a boot disc to play Shenmue 2, seeing as its a PAL copy - can anyone help me with some info on that so I can be sure?

Oh, and you should all be happy to know that SoA, Grandia, and DoA are all going into my trade list.

Not bad for $16, wouldn't you say?

Yeah, you need a boot disc. You should be able to find an image online to burn, do a google search.

And you suck, I paid $65 for that Shenmue 2 a while back.

Sonuvabitch if one more person on this site posts about getting Shenmue II I'm going to go on a rampage. It seems no matter how hard I try I cant get that damn game.

Good find though OP ;)

i think the gameshark would also work as a boot disc if you have one of course ...i remember using mine for D2 a long time ago

[quote name='gunm']Yay Dreamcast!

Strange that those folks have a PAL copy of Shemue II mixed in with that lot...[/quote]

I wondered that myself, when I saw the ad and it said Shenmue 1 and 2, I just figured it was discs 1 and 2 of Shenmue, but I inquired about it and it paid off rather well I'd say :cool:

Nice score. I've been looking for a SOA for a while. if you decide you want to part with in the future let me know.

[quote name='snotknocker']Nice score. I've been looking for a SOA for a while. if you decide you want to part with in the future let me know.[/quote]

Oh I already have a copy for myself; you're more than welcome to buy or trade for it. PM me ;)

I am starting to love Craigslist as well. But it is making me go broke. I got my SNES through there with a good amount of nice games and just recently a Sega Genesis, CD, and 32X with a lot of games for cheap too.

[quote name='WhoKnowsWho']I am starting to love Craigslist as well. But it is making me go broke. I got my SNES through there with a good amount of nice games and just recently a Sega Genesis, CD, and 32X with a lot of games for cheap too.[/quote]

Oh I totally agree, but just you wait until you see what I'm in negotiations for now from there. It will make this one look weak by comparison.

OP, what section of Craigslist did you use to find those games? Electronics?

I search CL CONSTANTLY for Tampa, and here's the shit I find:

Am selling an american chopper game, grand theft auto 3, grand theft auto: vice city, war jetz, F12001, drag racing 2, and socom:US Navy Seals. Do not have any of the books that go with them. Can have them all for $50. Thanks

Sure buddy, $50 for 6 (shitty) games with no manuals :roll:

Craigslist is the best. I got my import Sega Saturn from a guy on there. I go by to pick it up and the guy is a serious fighting game head. If my family wasn't waiting outside I probably could've wasted an entire day getting my ass handed to me on every fighting game known to man. I even got to check out Garou, SS Tenka, and KOF XI finally.

[quote name='whoknows']Sonuvabitch if one more person on this site posts about getting Shenmue II I'm going to go on a rampage. It seems no matter how hard I try I cant get that damn game.

Good find though OP ;)[/QUOTE]

Would this be a bad time to remember I forgot to mention in the 'best deals from a friend' thread the free Shemue 2 w/boot disc I got from a guy at work?

bread's done
Back