Hitatchi 320GB 2.5" 5400RPM SATA drive for PS3 @ NewEgg.com, Now $59.99 AR ($20)

[quote name='xtremedude']How's the swap process? Is it rather difficult to take the original out and swap it?[/quote]

Very, very easy. Just make sure you don't strip the screws. Use the proper size screwdrivers.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Very, very easy. Just make sure you don't strip the screws. Use the proper size screwdrivers.[/quote]And lots of prayer. :pray:

on the rebate section it says to send back "original part number label" where can i find this label. is it the white label on the front of the bag?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shadylane']bump anyone?[/quote]

Yes, cut the label out of the anti-static bag.

Hoping my rebate shows up soon.

I tryed removing the blue screw with a screwdriver.. and I think I mightve stripped it a bit!

I have nothing in the house to get this son of a b**** out of there!

What screwdriver should I buy exactly from the hardware store? AARGGH!!! :bomb:

I have 2 ps3 ones a backup. I want to swap them. Can you take the backup files from one ps3 and swap hds and use them on another ps3?

Holy moly... After all the incessant warnings about how easy it is to strip the screws, it keeps happening. What can we do to seriously dissuade people from using the wrong screw driver? It must be extremely frustrating. All that said, I really love mine. It's great to have such a huge surplus of space.

As long as you synched the trophies with the server prior to removing the drive (believe it tells you to do this when you do the back-up), they will still be there. Just need to start all of the games again that you previously had trophies for to reload the trophy data.

Tiger Direct is now selling it for $49.99 after $20.00 rebate. It is only $7 for shipping and tax is only charged for FL, IL, NC, and TX. So at most it is only $57.00.

2XX / 298 GB under system info.??? It said that right after formatting. Didnt restore any of my data yet.

Wheres the other 32GB?! I already have like 40GB more used up after 298 is left!

Wth??? >: O
I figure something like its FAT32 and it takes away 32GB from the limit or something like that...but then theres even 40GB more taken up after that.

?
('o')

Last edited by a moderator:
This has to do with the different methods by which hard drive manufacturers and operating systems measure memory "space." Long story short, the space is all there.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']This has to do with the different methods by which hard drive manufacturers and operating systems measure memory "space." Long story short, the space is all there.[/quote]

Ah, thank you very much Mr. Bruce.

bread's done
Back