Hitman 2 - $29.99 / $23.99 GCU at Best Buy

I believe you have to pay for it, but if you have the Gold Edition it comes as part of it. Correct me if I am wrong though lol.
It does not come with it. You have to load up Hitman 1 game and download the Legacy pack from within the game which then downloads the H1 content that can now be played in Hitman 2. Can accomplish this through a rental or gamespass if you are on Xbox. If you have the regular version you get a regular legacy pack that is the 6 levels, if you have the definitive or GOTY version you get some extra stuff. Can also purchase the legacy H1 content for $20, or the GOTY upgrade for $10 if you only had the base game.

I've got the base game from gamespass, will load that up and then pay the $10 for the GOTY legacy patch.

It does not come with it. You have to load up Hitman 1 game and download the Legacy pack from within the game which then downloads the H1 content that can now be played in Hitman 2. Can accomplish this through a rental or gamespass if you are on Xbox. If you have the regular version you get a regular legacy pack that is the 6 levels, if you have the definitive or GOTY version you get some extra stuff. Can also purchase the legacy H1 content for $20, or the GOTY upgrade for $10 if you only had the base game.

I've got the base game from gamespass, will load that up and then pay the $10 for the GOTY legacy patch.
I have that Steelbook Editon they released last year, but not the latest one they put oput right before Hitman 2. Wonder if I boot that up, if I will get it.

Wow, it is that cheap already!  The tax hurts the deal for me I only have $30 in gift cards and a reward certificate.  Maybe I will pay the $1.65.  The extra $30 for expansion passes I will pass on though.  They are download only anyway and most likely will be cheaper in the future or I may not like the game enough to want to buy.   

Last edited by a moderator:
How does this work? I thought those coupons were for Daily Steals itself. Are they also selling for $30? Haven’t bought from them yet.

I got on The Facebook app and at the top the had a $10 off coupon and I clicked on Hitman 2 and it has a option to apply coupon. Hope that helps

Wow, it is that cheap already! The tax hurts the deal for me I only have $30 in gift cards and a reward certificate. Maybe I will pay the $1.65. The extra $30 for expansion passes I will pass on though. They are download only anyway and most likely will be cheaper in the future or I may not like the game enough to want to buy.
Alright, I picked up the normal one for $1.65. I was annoyed by the game of the year upgrade for the previous game after I bought what was supposed to be the "complete" game with the steel book. I couldn't pay the extra $30 now without seeing what the game was like and if the expansions were worth it.

I'm trying to decide to get reg or gold. What's keeping me from gold is the money for smash next Friday.
If it's likely to go into your backlog go with the reg - and then when you get around to playing it if you love it you can pick up the extra content then. If it came with a steelbook like the previous one I would have for sure gone with the gold, but I elected to go with the regular for that reason (for now) Darksiders 3 and Smash and everything else I just purchased means I'm not sure when I'll get around to this anyway.

Meh, ordered gold for in store pickup, but BB dragged their feet in fulfilling it. I cancelled, too much backlog anyway.

Meh, ordered gold for in store pickup, but BB dragged their feet in fulfilling it. I cancelled, too much backlog anyway.
If you order it for shipping it may ship today. Even though I ordered the regular one, mine will arrive by Wednesday.

I fell back on this too. I want to play hitman 2016 then catch this. Which will be delayed by my backlog

If it's likely to go into your backlog go with the reg - and then when you get around to playing it if you love it you can pick up the extra content then. If it came with a steelbook like the previous one I would have for sure gone with the gold, but I elected to go with the regular for that reason (for now) Darksiders 3 and Smash and everything else I just purchased means I'm not sure when I'll get around to this anyway.
Thanks, makes sense!

I used my 25% off coupon from GCU expiring and GCU to preorder the gold edition to get it at this price. Just my luck. Atleast I have Super Smash Bros Ultimate for Switch preordered with GCU.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not me. I prefer digital and havent regretted mine
You will when the servers shut down in the future. It's only a temporary license. Even a physical copy you don't own, you just have something tangible.

As it right off the bat the guy with physical can trade in or sell his copy whenever he wants.

Even if you say you don't sell your games so that doesn't matter, well it does because you can't sell it even if you change your mind.

You will when the servers shut down in the future. It's only a temporary license. Even a physical copy you don't own, you just have something tangible.

As it right off the bat the guy with physical can trade in or sell his copy whenever he wants.

Even if you say you don't sell your games so that doesn't matter, well it does because you can't sell it even if you change your mind.
No I wont. If the servers go down, that affects the online funciontality of the game and that affects a person whether you get the game physical or digital. Considering the functionality of most games will be nonexistent in said event with the increasing reliance of patches and connectivity that many have, physical vs digital is of little difference to me in that scenario

I only buy games digitally I have no desire to sell and with games being so large and taking so long to defeat now, by the time I would want to sell, the values have decreased so much that it isnt worth it. The only regret Ive had at launch this gen was Mass Effect Andromeda, which I got physical and never played past the first hour. The value for that tanked rather fast and I never sold it bc it just wasnt worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish I had known about the bonus stuff this morning.  I've got the GOTY on the PS4 but ordered this on the XB1 (no particular reason, just mixing things up I guess).  I have Game Pass, but wonder if it's worth switching to the PS4 version of Hitman 2 for the GOTY stuff.  I would just do it but I used a RZ certificate on this and another game so returning it might get complicated.  What to do????

No I wont. If the servers go down, that affects the online funciontality of the game and that affects a person whether you get the game physical or digital. Considering the functionality of most games will be nonexistent in said event with the increasing reliance of patches and connectivity that many have, physical vs digital is of little difference to me in that scenario

I only buy games digitally I have no desire to sell and with games being so large and taking so long to defeat now, by the time I would want to sell, the values have decreased so much that it isnt worth it. The only regret Ive had at launch this gen was Mass Effect Andromeda, which I got physical and never played past the first hour. The value for that tanked rather fast and I never sold it bc it just wasnt worth it.
Yep, this. I prefer physical for resale value, but I harbor no illusions that when we found Gilead, the servers going offline will cause all games, both physical and digital to stop. Praise be.

Also, super stoked about 99-cent months of Hulu. Catching up on some good shows!

Did anyone miss this deal and wants the game for what it was that day?  I got a couple copies for gifts, but I am gonna go in a diff direction for Christmas.   I figured I would ask if anyone needed them before I returned them. Just toss me a PM.  Both are Gold Editions btw.

bread's done
Back