Hitman 2 : Silent Assassin (GC) worth buying?

SoulEdgeVII

CAGiversary!
I've been waiting to play Splinter Cell : Pandora Tomorrow (GC) for a while but now that's it's been delayed another week I figure I can wait for it to drop in price since I have enough new games thanks to the CC sale. However, I still need my stealth fix and Hitman 2 : Silent Assassin is fairly cheap now. Is this game worth buying for those of you that have played it?

I have it for GC and I think its worth the money. I had the original splinter cell too and I beat that so I nought hitman 2. I liked splinter cell more but hitman is great but be ready for a challenge.

Thanks for the replies guys. I didn't get one when I posted earlier so I went ahead and ordered it. You guys confirmed that it was a decent game for Splinter Cell fans.

Great game not pleyed it on gc but you do have to remeber if you have played any of the hitmans you have played this one the best way to explain it is, saying it's "47's greatest hits"

I've heard the GCN version is censored because of some scene in some Afghanistan like level...? I think it got edited out because it came out after certain events in our world came up. I'd go with the PS2 version, if you even can.

If you don't have an XBox or a PS2, yes, get Hitman 2 there.

I have the GC version. There's a glitch when saving in this game, so I'd suggest only saving it after beating each level, when it asks you to.

No matter if you own a 1st party memory card or not, it sometimes corrupts your file. So I wouldn't try saving it on a card that has lots of other game files on it. When I played it, I used 1 memory card 59, while backing that save up on a 259.

If you do get a corrupted file, you can delete it in-game, which is helpful. Then go back and beat any level, preferably the 1st level since you can do it rather quick. Then save.

Oh, and I think that the Greatest Hits PS2 version was censored later on, it's the one with the red boarder on top. The black one isn't though. I think that's right anyway.

[quote name='Green-Bull']I have the GC version. There's a glitch when saving in this game, so I'd suggest only saving it after beating each level, when it asks you to.

No matter if you own a 1st party memory card or not, it sometimes corrupts your file. So I wouldn't try saving it on a card that has lots of other game files on it. When I played it, I used 1 memory card 59, while backing that save up on a 259.

If you do get a corrupted file, you can delete it in-game, which is helpful. Then go back and beat any level, preferably the 1st level since you can do it rather quick. Then save.

Oh, and I think that the Greatest Hits PS2 version was censored later on, it's the one with the red boarder on top. The black one isn't though. I think that's right anyway.[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up. Does it happen often and does it only affect the Hitman 2 save file or has it ever affected other game files. I sure hope not. Thanks!

Well, it's never affected my other saved games, since I never saved directly to my 251 card (just copied to it from the 59). So I wouldn't know.

I'd read up on the game (at GameFAQs) before I got it. That's how I knew about the corrupting issue. Hope that helps.

Hitman 2: SA is a great game. I own it, and finished it. Tough game though. Some of the computer AI can be 'insert shaq-fu word here' difficult. Yes, I encountered the save glitch a few times, too. (not a big deal) Great replay value for better ranking. All missions can be replayed.

I finished Splinter Cell around the same time. Gameplay is similar, but not quite. Presentation is the biggest difference.

Hitman makes you feel like a hired killer.
Splinter Cell makes you feel like a super spy.

I'm almost finished with this game and I have to say that I'm impressed. For a PS2 port, its a very engaging game. For those of you who don't want to plunk down $49.99 for Pandora Tomrrow on the Cube this is a worthy replacement until the price drops. Although I'm comparing it to Splinter Cell, it's a unique game. Unlike Cell, if you ever get frustrated you can always run and gun your way to the end. But if you play it the way its meant to played, there is no better reward than acheiving a Silent Assassin rank. Also unlike Splinter Cell, there are usually 2 or 3 ways to complete a mission. I love the weapon collecting aspect since you have to take a weapon out of a level before you can use other ones. It is a difficult game though, much harder than Splinter Cell, but if you stealth fans need a fix, this is it.

bread's done
Back