Hitman: Codename VIN DIESEL

Whoa, did I time warp back a year?

In all seriousness.. the guy from the Transporter would've been better. Much, much better. Perfect, even.

eh.......ya......the transporter guy would be better......he made me think of Hitman when I watched the commericals.

vin diesel looks like a pinhead in a suit its a bad idea all togeather not to mention his acting I dont think he can pull the part off at all.

[quote name='terribledeli']I really hope Skip Woods is the guy's pen name. No one should be named Skip.[/quote]

You can only get away with having that name if you're a gameshow host or an old gay man.

Honestly I think Vin Diesel might do alright. It's perfect actually. He doesn't have to act at all and we won't have to hear Vin talk!!!

Vin Diesel is a huge fan of videogames so I think he'll take this role seriously.

[quote name='radjago']Statham may have the look, but I can't see him portraying the character well. Diesel may have the edge there.[/quote]

What does the role require? Looking bad ass and kicking ass. He does both in spades.

[quote name='Kayden']What does the role require? Looking bad ass and kicking ass. He does both in spades.[/QUOTE]
Maybe for a movie, but in the games, the character struggles a lot with his profession and his religion.

They'll have to readapt the character, I think. Vin Diesel doesn't have the same feel as the Agent 47 character -- brooding, hallow, etc -- which mostly lies within Agent 47s almost blank, kind of Grim Reaper-y, appearance.

That's not to say that Diesel can't pull something off, though. I think this movie, like most movies, is in the hands of the script and direction -- if they make this a cheesy popcorn flick, instead of an artistic, oddly-beautiful dramatic/action film with tints of dark comedy, then it's going to suck ass.

Think carefully about what you just said. Its a videogame adaptation. Video games aren't art. All they are are BOOOOOM!!!! Death and boobies with drugs!!!!!

[quote name='Brak']They'll have to readapt the character, I think. Vin Diesel doesn't have the same feel as the Agent 47 character -- brooding, hallow, etc -- which mostly lies within Agent 47s almost blank, kind of Grim Reaper-y, appearance.

That's not to say that Diesel can't pull something off, though. I think this movie, like most movies, is in the hands of the script and direction -- if they make this a cheesy popcorn flick, instead of an artistic, oddly-beautiful dramatic/action film with tints of dark comedy, then it's going to suck ass.[/quote]

[quote name='Kayden']Think carefully about what you just said. Its a videogame adaptation. Video games aren't art. All they are are BOOOOOM!!!! Death and boobies with drugs!!!!![/QUOTE]
That's true. More true that - sadly - producers pay for films -- more sad that producers pay for films they want to make money on... and making a explosivecocainetittycusswordfest would be the safest thing to do, within the realm of film.

But, what's even more sad is that a truly beautiful piece of art could be made from the Hitman story... and probably won't. The stigma of it being a video game is always there... afterall, that's the reason it's being adapted into a film.

But, like I said, there's a chance something pretty good can be made from it... But, probably not.

bread's done
Back