HITMAN movie - Timothy Olyphant is Agent 47

[quote name='pimpinc333']Nope. Doesn't look like he would fit the role well. Statham FTW![/QUOTE]

Statham is busy with masterpieces like Uwe Boll's Dungeon Siege. Nuff said.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Awesome. Timothy Olyphant is a frickin' badass, loved him in Girl Next Door and on Deadwood.[/quote]

Agreed. Olyphant is awesome although I'm not sure he's going to look right bald. Oh well, we'll see.

[quote name='Puffa469']How the fuck can you not cast Jason Statham in that role???[/QUOTE]

The producer/director both have no idea what the character looks like.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Nope. Doesn't look like he would fit the role well. Statham FTW![/quote]

Hell yeah, Statham would have been perfect for the role. I'm happy as long as VD is not in it.

[quote name='pimpinc333']The producer/director both have no idea what the character looks like.[/QUOTE]

This isn't an Agent 47 lookalike contest. Y'know, just maybe their criteria for casting this role went a little beyond "must be bald". I'm surprised at the casting, sure, but why not wait and see what they're going to do with the film before whining? Olyphant has got some great potential, he's played plenty of intense characters and is definitely going to be good for this. And predictably, fanboys are going to whine because he doesn't have the exact same cheekbones as the videogame character he's playing. Jeez. Just maybe they decided to hire an actor who could...act? You wouldn't be getting too much of that with Jason Statham, that's for sure ;)

[quote name='TC']This isn't being directed by that retarded German guy is it?[/QUOTE]

No. But, all things so far still point to suck.

[quote name='Noodle Pirate!']Imo he still looks like a fanboy cosplay guy. He has huge eyes that dont look sinister or menacing at all.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

He looks like a 15 year old playing dress up.

[quote name='Roufuss']Dude looks nothing at all like Agent 47... looks like he's cosplaying or something in a Youtube movie.[/quote]

I agree, Jason Statham would have pulled it off so well.

Looks like shit. Tim should have buffed up and left a bit more stubble on the facial area to push the badass thing.

At this point I would have rather had Vin Diesel play the part.

Maybe I'll see the movie and be surprised...you never know.

This movie wasn't bad. Tim did a good job of portraying 47. After viewing it, I think they made a right move with Timothy instead of Jason Statham, as this movie was more about story than action.

The only part that made me say "WTF" was when
there was a showdown between four guys, hitmen I guess, and they wanted to die with honor so they dropped their guns and had a good ole fashioned knife fight
. Other than that, I enjoyed the movie. He even got the walk down right.

They had a LOT of game references and familiar locations, here's links to pictures that somehow relate to the movie. I don't want to embed them. Look for these references in the movie.

http://www.biosmagazine.co.uk/images/content/prodpics/200609/hitman_1.jpg
http://www.irishblogs.ie/images/88971.jpg (though this is the movie poster)
http://content.ytmnd.com/content/6/1/8/618af38fd3aec3cd513995790fcec9ce.jpg

After seeing it refered to as "The Bourne Identity for 12 year olds", yeah, I'll pass on this one. Everyones saying the script failed hardcore. The Mist is getting my money this weekend.

[quote name='Scorch']This movie wasn't bad. Tim did a good job of portraying 47. After viewing it, I think they made a right move with Timothy instead of Jason Statham, as this movie was more about story than action.

The only part that made me say "WTF" was when
there was a showdown between four guys, hitmen I guess, and they wanted to die with honor so they dropped their guns and had a good ole fashioned knife fight
. Other than that, I enjoyed the movie. He even got the walk down right.

They had a LOT of game references and familiar locations, here's links to pictures that somehow relate to the movie. I don't want to embed them. Look for these references in the movie.

http://www.biosmagazine.co.uk/images/content/prodpics/200609/hitman_1.jpg
http://www.irishblogs.ie/images/88971.jpg (though this is the movie poster)
http://content.ytmnd.com/content/6/1/8/618af38fd3aec3cd513995790fcec9ce.jpg[/QUOTE]

That's good news. I'll see this when I can.

[quote name='The Crotch']I remember spending most of my time calmly walking past guards with a silenced pistol in my jacket or finding the perfect sniper perch, not having sword fights on speeding trains or getting into massive shootouts.[/QUOTE]

Man, Hitman is a fun game either way you play it.

I went to go yesterday, and walked out after 45 minutes. The movie did not know where to take the material, and was written by hacks.

In the opening sequence he
snipes the Russian, then blows his rifle case with a huge explosion giving away his position.
WTF is that? The acting was pathetic, and it looked like they blew their budget on locations, which weren't even used very well.

Another eye roller was when he
crashed through the window and the kids were playing the game

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']
crashed through the window and the kids where playing the game
.[/quote]

Sounds like a Uwe Boll movie.

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']In the opening sequence he
snipes the Russian, then blows his rifle case with a huge explosion giving away his position.
WTF is that?[/quote]

..destroying evidence?

crashed through the window and the kids were playing the game

Sounds like you stayed longer than 45 minutes if you saw that scene.

so i went with my Gaming friends to see this movie and most of them are russian. they told me that the people in the movie (the guy Yuri) spoke horrible russian. it was funny when they told me this. but overall the movie was alright..
the boobs were kool. it was an average movie, it didnt suck though.

[quote name='Scorch']..destroying evidence? [/QUOTE]

Yes, skilled snipers love to give their position away to the enemy, via a big explosion. ;(

I stayed until the 'swordfight' scene; that was so unenergetic and poorly shot, I couldn't take anymore.

Don't tell me you actually liked the movie, Scorch?

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']Don't tell me you actually liked the movie, Scorch?[/quote]

I did, but then again, I'm a Hitman fanboy and I went in expecting the worst piece of shit i've ever seen in my life.. i'm talking a movie so bad that it'd make Soul Plane look like it won 100 awards. And it wasn't that bad. So that may be why I liked it.

bread's done
Back