HL2 Error occurring only with CSS

ATK

CAGiversary!
Just recently I have been trying to hop onto CSS to do some quick surf rounds however as I loaded it up my screen went into the resolution of 800x600 and then proceeded to try and run the game, however after a minute or so the screen pops up with an error box:
hl2.exe - application error

The instruction at "0x0ff83e2c" referenced memory at "0x0e33a1a0". The memory could not be "read".

Click OK to terminate the program.

Mind you this is ONLY with CSS. TF2 and DoD:S works perfectly fine. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling however it does not seem to work.

Any ideas?

See, I had looked at that earlier and it really didn't have a definite answer. I am going to scan my ram again tonight and hopefully that does something.

Thank you.

Try going to the Steam window, right click on your CS:S game, go to Properties, click on the Local files tab, and click on Verify Integrity of Game Cache.

Seems to be working now; I had to go into the steam settings and disable Steam In-Game community.

Thank you guys for your help.

[quote name='ATK']Seems to be working now; I had to go into the steam settings and disable Steam In-Game community.

Thank you guys for your help.[/QUOTE]

rvfymv.jpg

bread's done
Back