HL2 now $20 new

i read an interview with gabe newell and he said the xbox half life 2 sales were extremely lackluster. the price drop in probably in response to that.

It will be $19.95 at Toys'R'Us after April 6 as well. $15 if you combine it with the 2 for $30 deal going on all week. Finding one at a TRU with another $20 game you actually want is a whole other story though.

[quote name='BackInBlack']Is it actually confirmed that the loading times are a little bit better on 360?[/quote]

Not sure. I don't even have a 360. But I'm pretty sure that all that extra processing power couldn't hurt what people are calling horrendous loading times and frame rate glitches. Maybe it's just because people played this game on the PC first.

[quote name='highwaypatrolman']i read an interview with gabe newell and he said the xbox half life 2 sales were extremely lackluster. the price drop in probably in response to that.[/QUOTE]

That's too bad. With having a Mac, this is the only way I can play Half-Life. I wasn't frustrated by the loading times and found the game to be excellent.

Maybe it should've had XBox Live capability. There wasn't any reason for people to pick this up unless they don't have a decent computer like me.

This game is well worth the $20. It looks and plays very well on the xbox and is one of the single best first person shooters I have ever played. Also, the loading, although semi-frequent, did not bother me very much at all.

[quote name='asaraa']I wasn't frustrated by the loading times and found the game to be excellent.[/QUOTE]
the load times didn't bother me either, and even though i had prevously played it on a pc, i think i enjoyed it more on the xbox (i'm one of the wackos who prefers a controller to a mouse/keyboard).

I got it for $11.99 during the Sam Goody 60% clearance sale. I haven't played it yet, but it looks cool enough to where I'd pay $20 for it.

[quote name='thegamer4787']This game is well worth the $20. It looks and plays very well on the xbox and is one of the single best first person shooters I have ever played. Also, the loading, although semi-frequent, did not bother me very much at all.[/QUOTE]

I played a bit of this as a rental and will likely bite on it now.

Almost all drop to $20 . . . eventually.

[quote name='BackInBlack']There is an LE version?[/QUOTE]

I guess not cuz i saw it pack with something (not really sure but i'll check it out tomorrow)

I saw this last-night and I thought I would print it out and try and price match at my local wal-mart today.

Looks like I "missed" on the wal-mart.com price.. I'm now seeing $29.92

[quote name='Masterkyo']I guess not cuz i saw it pack with something (not really sure but i'll check it out tomorrow)[/QUOTE]

The LE and GOTY Edition are only for PC.

Yeah I thought everyone knew this was a universal drop, since it was dropping at TRU this week. Sorry, I would have mentioned it yesterday.

I picked mine up at Best buy yesterday with the $5 RZ coupon. I was hesitant until I did my research - for those who are on the fence, it IS backwards compatable (as another poster wrote), and it IS widescreen 480p. The latter was the biggie for me.

Jeremy

[quote name='jrutz']Yeah I thought everyone knew this was a universal drop, since it was dropping at TRU this week. Sorry, I would have mentioned it yesterday.

I picked mine up at Best buy yesterday with the $5 RZ coupon. I was hesitant until I did my research - for those who are on the fence, it IS backwards compatable (as another poster wrote), and it IS widescreen 480p. The latter was the biggie for me.

Jeremy[/QUOTE]

So jrutz, does it load faster and play more smoothly on your 360 as compared to Xbox? I was holding out on this one since the Xbox has issues with performance; but if someone can confirm 360 is better, I would bite at the $20 level.

I never played the first game so I had some reluctance to try this out. I always wondered if I should play HL1 first.....

[quote name='Sku Rhim']So jrutz, does it load faster and play more smoothly on your 360 as compared to Xbox? I was holding out on this one since the Xbox has issues with performance; but if someone can confirm 360 is better, I would bite at the $20 level.[/QUOTE]

Nope, the emulator doesn't give you any performance gains. Just the ability to play on your Xbox 360 with your wireless controllers!

Jeremy

I remember TeamXbox antisipated, though very un-confirmed, Half life 2, will make a debut as a 360 with the full expansion include the way Far Cry Predator just came out for the 360. And I've read alot of mixed reviews on the the Xbox version, like that it doesn't come close to living up to the PC counter-part.

Personally, having not played any version, console nor PC, I'm torn between waiting to play it on 360 if it comes out, or just getting it now for the original Xbox.

I wonder if the there will be an "Aftermath" expansion for the the original Xbox?

Valve said they will support a next-gen console, which everyone pretty much agrees is 360, especially since SiN Episodes (uses Steam on PC) is coming to 360.

I think HL2 and/or Steam will come to 360, but I don't know when.

With the new BC patch, I'm going to take the plunge, it's only $20 and it's just a game I'd want to have, despite having beat it on PC.

[quote name='Xevious']I never played the first game so I had some reluctance to try this out. I always wondered if I should play HL1 first.....[/QUOTE]

Play HL1, it is amazing.

[quote name='Barnolde']Valve said they will support a next-gen console, which everyone pretty much agrees is 360, especially since SiN Episodes (uses Steam on PC) is coming to 360.

I think HL2 and/or Steam will come to 360, but I don't know when.

With the new BC patch, I'm going to take the plunge, it's only $20 and it's just a game I'd want to have, despite having beat it on PC.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, Barnolde.

I believe I'll hold out for the 360 version, with all the bells & whistles of the PC version, the Aftermath expansion, and full Source all in one.

I'd like to get the best possible experience in one shot at playing it.
Counting this is $20, the Xbox seperate expansion will undoubtely be around $29.99 more, a $49.99 total, the 360 version may incorporate a multiplayer in a no-corners cut version for just $10 more @ $59.99.

Though this is very tempting buy, but if the Aftermath Expansion had already been out so that I could get them both in one buy I'd jump all over this.

bread's done
Back