HMV Game Trade ins Starts 05/23

gamer602

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Trade any game and get $5 credit towards another new game purchase.

Max $5 credit PER NEW game you buy.

Valid on ALL games including DS and PSP!!!

In June, HMV will launch its own REWARD program: HMV Pure!

Later this year their full-fledged Trade in program will roll out WITH Trade promotions.

This is just the Trial period cause their trade value system is not in place yet.

Good time to get rid of MADDEN 07...

Is this promotion over? I see no mention of game trade-ins on their website. Also, does anyone recall seeing Metal Gear Portable Ops at HMV recently?

I still see it in stores, it works well...

I found many $5.99 games at HMV that can be traded to local stores for some credit, good stuff.

I could not recall for Metal Gear, I don't have a PSP.

I haven't seen Portable Ops (not PO+, ie the multiplayer only game) in years, new or used. While it got the red stripe branding, I have yet to see a single copy of it floating around in the wild.

I'm curious, do all HMV stores gut their games these days?

I went down there today to trade in 2 mediocre games I had laying around and every single game for every single console/handheld (minus the PSP) were open and covered with a ridiculous amount of stickers. I just don't get it.

Sure, they need a display case without the risk of someone breaking the game's seal and pocketing the disc. But WHY do they do this to every single copy of said game? Do they really need 5-10 display cases of a game on their shelf? And if so, why don't they just take the cover of their 1 display case and make a bunch of printouts so they don't have to turn their entire new stock into essentially used stock.

bread's done
Back