HMV getting in on used stuff too

Actually...

HMV, the music, movie, and games retailer with locations throughout the UK, Canada, Singapore, and Hong Kong, is finally catching up with the wants needs of modern gamers. Starting later this year, the chain will begin selling second-hand games at some of its locations, ramping up across the globe in 2009.

Since Manitoba seems to be the only place that Futureshop didn't get in on this racket, I can't see HMV doing it here either.

I want to see a deathmatch between EB games -blockbuster-futureshop and HMV next year.
Game developers would be smart to make games cost 50 bucks instead of 60.

This is good because we like to see quality used game and not like EB with their used game w/o case & manual. I hate the fact that EB charge used game w/o case & manual the same price as used game with case & manual.

It was funny at the mall yesterday. There is this line-up in front of EBGames with about 10 people waiting for the store to open so they can buy Fable 2, and as usual, EBGames is running late and the doors are not open at 10 am. Three stores down is an HMV, it opens about 9:55 am and they put out a huge Fable 2 display. Four of us leave the line and just walk into the HMV, grab display copies and get served by two different clerks. We are in and out in 5 minutes and EBGames is still serving the first person in line.

IMHO, competition is good!

bread's done
Back