Hold on for a minute...

Farny

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Okay, let me first say that I've been out of the whole video game scene for a few months now, so I was obviously not keeping up with values. Now, I just have a few questions...

Since when did FFVII become rare? It's in the 50's for a used GH copy? When exactly did this happen, and how? Can you guys still find it? How's it doing in the CAG Trading section? I got my copy (I think I have two, actually) for $12 at Costco, so would now be a good time to cash in?

Also, I know there was a point, immediately following the reprint, where copies of Rhapsody were worth about as much as the discs they were printed on. What's that game's status right now? I also heard Disgaea is back up in the high dollar values on eBay, so I figure this is going in cycles, so maybe Rhapsody'll get back up there. What do you guys think?

Any and all input is greatly appreciated.

As per FFVII, the recent flow of FFVII-related media has caused interest in gamers and thus the game to sky rocket, the chief instigator being the Advent Children movie. Then you have the other spinoff games and constant rumors about a remake which makes gamers who missed out want to play.

As for your other q's, I'm sure someone could explain those, and elaborate on my post if need be.

So would you think it's time to get rid of it? Or keep it. I don't really care much for it. I'm hardly a collector.

The FFVII price increase was influenced by the spinoffs and Advent Children I believe. I'm sure the PS3 demo and word of a remake had some effect as well...

A quick glance at eBay show the avg end price around $20 w/ way more non-sellers than sellers. I think the Rhapsody market got way oversaturated with the reprint and as the reviews for the game are less than stellar it essentially lost the only thing going for it, being a 'rare' N1S game...

Disgaea has always been relatively high and I'd imagine it's only going to get higher come August (Disgaea 2 release)...

bread's done
Back