Holiday OXM info (Halo 2.5?)

ryosnk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Got this from the teamxbox forum.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holiday 2004 issue.

Hidden demo code
Hold L, and press...

left, x, y, up, a, y, b, up, down, down, y, right, right, right, select

It is the demo of Metal wolf chaos.

Demos
Conker: Live and Reloaded
Forza Motorsport
Star Wars: Battlefront
ESPN NHL 2K5
Outlaw Golf 2
Rocky Legends

Features
The lord of the rings: The third Age
Midnight club 3: DUB Superseries tour
Making of First to fight

Video Showcase
The bard's tale
Midnight club 3: DUB edition trailer
Star wars: KOTOR II
The punisher
Roland micro cube

Rumor Mole
Halo 2.5? - Okay, so the mole wasn't completely right about the existence of halo 1.5, but he wasn't completely wrong either (halo PC was essentially halo 1.5). With halo 2 now here, guess what? A halo 2.5 is not entirely out of the question as an xbox 2 launch title, and it could be done in time for the launch(even if that is only a year from now) by a small part of the bungie team. Its no secret that. A) the real third act and ending of halo 2 was chopped to make the november 9 release date, B) the next xbox could use the clout that the bungie and halo names bring to the table to help launch the new system, C) everyone who buys the next xbox would pay another $50 for halo 2.5, and D) doing "Director's cut" of halo 2 with new graphics, the true finale, and some new multiplayer stuff would help the bungie team get its feet wet on the new hardware while it works on its first real next-gen project. It's a win-win-win scenario for microsoft, for bungie, and for gamers. Maybe its even true

Scores Matter - rumors always abound about the gaming media and their reviews of games, and whether or not publishers influence those scores. If you ever accuse the fine editors of this magazine of such ethical compromise, the mole will personally tunnel into your house and take a bite out of your nether regions. And while the mole hates to add fuel to the fire, a source embedded deep inside one of the major game publishers reveals that said publisher actually bases its budget projections for development teams on the average scores they get for their games. score well, and your next game will be funded, score poorly and...well, you get it. The mole(and the editors of this magazine) abhor this practice, and can only assume it's more widespread than we'd like to believe.

Features
Doom 3
Holiday gift guide 2004

Previews
star wars: Knight of the old republic II - sith lords
The suffering 2

Reviews
the bard's tale - 7.7
bloodrayne 2 - 7.2
crash n burn - 5.1
dance dance revolution ultramix 2 - 8.0
dead or alive ultimate - 8.8
the dukes of hazzard - 4.6
ESPN college hoops 2k5 - 8.8
Fatal frame 2: Crimson butterfly - 8.4
Fight club - 6.4
godzilla: Save the earth - 7.1
goldeneye: Rogue agent - 8.0
karaoke revolution - 8.0
the lord of the rings: The third age - 6.8
NCAA march madness 2005 - 8.2
Need for speed underground 2 - 8.9
outrun 2 - 8.7
rocky legends - 6.6
shark tale - 6.0
sonic mega collection plus - 7.8
teenage mutant ninja turtles 2: Battle nexus - 4.2
tom clancy's ghost recon 2 - 9.0
Spyro: A hero's tail - 6.7
The urbz: Sims in the city - 6.4

i for one will feel really ripped-off if i have to buy another $50 game (and possibly a new system) just to get the game that i should have already gotten. I would gladly spend $50 for a new Halo game tomorrow if it was a whole new story; but a "director's cut" with just the real ending attached would just be lame.

I was playing Conker last night at Blockbuster while picking up my Ghost Recon and it looks really good. I didn't play too long since I wanted to get home and they had this crappy controller hooked up to it, but I want to spend more time on it.

[quote name='Santurio']I was playing Conker last night at Blockbuster while picking up my Ghost Recon and it looks really good. I didn't play too long since I wanted to get home and they had this crappy controller hooked up to it, but I want to spend more time on it.[/quote]

Ghost Recon.....the old one?

[quote name='Medium_Pimpin']I think it would be a good launch title, especially if it was included for free with the console.[/quote]

If Microsoft did that, and kept the price down, it'd be a huge blow to Sony and Nintendo. A game like that and a year advantage on releasing the xbox 2 puts them in a situation to be the leader next generation.

[quote name='organicow']i for one will feel really ripped-off if i have to buy another $50 game (and possibly a new system) just to get the game that i should have already gotten. I would gladly spend $50 for a new Halo game tomorrow if it was a whole new story; but a "director's cut" with just the real ending attached would just be lame.[/quote]

Its the same shit they do with DVDs.

[quote name='his_dudeness20'][quote name='Medium_Pimpin']I think it would be a good launch title, especially if it was included for free with the console.[/quote]

If Microsoft did that, and kept the price down, it'd be a huge blow to Sony and Nintendo. A game like that and a year advantage on releasing the xbox 2 puts them in a situation to be the leader next generation.[/quote]

While it would be a beneficial launch, I'm not entirely sure I agree. More specifically, I know Sony wouldn't be hurt very much by this.

Nintendo's choosing to completely ignore Microsoft (understandable, but dangerous). We'll see how that works out.

wow i had no idea the cut halo to meet release...that seems kinda of really stupid...i cant believe it sold so well with that...did alot of people know about it?

Honestly, a Halo 2 "Directors Cut" would not warrant me to BUY the XBOX2. Now, if they had Halo 3, sure.....I guess we'll see when the time comes. All this speculation...sheesh

[quote name='punqsux']wow i had no idea the cut halo to meet release...that seems kinda of really stupid...i cant believe it sold so well with that...did alot of people know about it?[/quote]

After three years? Sounds like bullshit. Lies.

[quote name='Sartori'][quote name='punqsux']wow i had no idea the cut halo to meet release...that seems kinda of really stupid...i cant believe it sold so well with that...did alot of people know about it?[/quote]

After three years? Sounds like bullshit. Lies.[/quote]

Go watch the H2 CE dvd...after E3 they went back to the drawing board. Wether or not they have some extra H@ laying around, i dont know, but A LOT of the game got twisted around afterwards.

EDIT: Metal wolf chaos sounds sweet...Its from the makers of Otogi and involves our president wearing a mecha suit doling out justice....while blowing the crap out of every major city. FUN!

[quote name='doubledown'][quote name='Santurio']I was playing Conker last night at Blockbuster while picking up my Ghost Recon and it looks really good. I didn't play too long since I wanted to get home and they had this crappy controller hooked up to it, but I want to spend more time on it.[/quote]

Ghost Recon.....the old one?[/quote]

No, Ghost Recon 2 was released yesterday and damn does it look sweet!!

[quote name='Sartori'][quote name='punqsux']wow i had no idea the cut halo to meet release...that seems kinda of really stupid...i cant believe it sold so well with that...did alot of people know about it?[/quote]

After three years? Sounds like bullshit. Lies.[/quote]

Remember Bungie saying they planned to stop after Halo 2? I bet after all the delays and seeing the hype they purposely cut the game to make a third. Its a shitty thing to do, but after seeing the money they made, its not too hard to see why.

[quote name='Santurio'][quote name='doubledown'][quote name='Santurio']I was playing Conker last night at Blockbuster while picking up my Ghost Recon and it looks really good. I didn't play too long since I wanted to get home and they had this crappy controller hooked up to it, but I want to spend more time on it.[/quote]

Ghost Recon.....the old one?[/quote]

No, Ghost Recon 2 was released yesterday and damn does it look sweet!![/quote]

WHAT? My GameRush said DECEMBER 1st for GR2????

so did mine, by a stupid employee who doesn't know anything. But I kept calling all week until it finally came in yesterday and got my copy!!

Sheesh...I was just there yesterday too. Maybe I will call today. GR annoys me with not knowing release dates. I just checked on BlockBuster.com and it DID say 11/16/04

I will call and hopefully they will have it....along with ESPN College Hoops 2K5 (but he said next week on that also)

[quote name='bignick'][quote name='organicow']i for one will feel really ripped-off if i have to buy another $50 game (and possibly a new system) just to get the game that i should have already gotten. I would gladly spend $50 for a new Halo game tomorrow if it was a whole new story; but a "director's cut" with just the real ending attached would just be lame.[/quote]

Its the same shit they do with DVDs.[/quote]

Yea, but with DVD's, you are getting the full movie the first time. You are just missing out on some extras. It's not like they changed the movie so it ends in a cliffhanger, then release a second version a year later with the REAL ending. But it is almost just as bad.

[quote name='zewone']I don't see it happening like that at all. Just another internet rumor.[/quote]

Well I wouldn't be surprised if it did happen. Sure it would piss alot of people off but Halo will sell the system. Unless they are planning on releasing a new halo a year after the xbox 2 is released and the same time ps3 and the new nintendo will be released.

Question.. have they confirmed that the XBox 2 will support the ability to play XBox games.. because I'm nearing 100 games and I don't want to lose them.. I mean, while I could get a niiiiiiiiice chunk of change trading them or selling them, I'd like to keep them for the XBox 2..

bread's done
Back