Hollywood actors on Call of Duty box art?

Mospeada_21

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
With the recent release of Call of Duty 3, this similarity is more than just a coincidence. I was not aware of any connections between these actors and the games. Your thoughts?

From the movie War of the Worlds:
http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0407304/Ss/0407304/WOW-05615.jpg?path=gallery&path_key=0407304

From Call of Duty 3:
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/bigboxshots/5/928655_67832_front.jpg

From the movie Gladiator:
http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0172495/8.html

From Call of Duty: Finest Hour:
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/bigboxshots/1/919261_front.jpg

In that Call of Duty Finest Hour pic, Russel Crow is the guy in the background, about to bust the main guy upside the head with that giant cellphone. Yup....

:rofl: Nice.

Almost as cool as the many, many blatant movie art ripoffs.

Example:

b000071zzi01lzzzzzzzdn8.th.jpg
http://img501.imageshack.us/my.php?image=b000071zzi01lzzzzzzzdn8.jpg

90145148944a321f673a90yx3.th.jpg

Do any of the covers look like Stretch Armstrong, making this theory even more of a stretch?

Very nice, OP! Of course, games ripping off movie posters isn't as bad as games ripping off other games. Who can forget...

Ruff Trigger
939390b.jpg

ripping off Ratchet & Clank
g14873b80bw.jpg

This sort of stuff happens all the time.

At Cinemaware the head of the company even suggested to the cover artists which actors he would cast in these roles if it were a movie. He was about a decade early for the stuff he really wanted to do in games.

We had a few photography sessions with rented costumes to prototype some of the artwork. As a result a lot of the company personnel ended up in the games. The cover of Rocket Ranger had no fewer than three of our people as the lead character, a mad scoentist, and a Nazi officer. I had to drive down to Western Costume to pick up most of the outfits. Other errands took through the Fairfax district the same day so I took a lot of care to make sure the costumes couldn't be seen in my car. Thats one neighborhood where you don't want to be found with Nazi regalia, even if I am Jewish by birth if not practice.

The woman on the cover was, of course, modeled on Bettiy Page. The head of the company was a huge Page fan going back to when she was still modeling and this was what first drew him to Dave Stevens' Rocketeer comics series. Rocket Ranger was originally intended to be a licensed Rocketeer game but evil Cat Yronwode, his publisher at Eclipse, convinced him that it would be ruined by a game. So instead he sold it to Disney, who ruined it for a lot more money. (At least we understood and intended to maintain the in-jokes, which Disney did not.)

The stars of the Three Stooges game were obvious but less so was that all of the supporting characters were based on actors from the same era.

Sometimes I wonder if Ubisoft created/designed Sam Fisher with the hopes that George Clooney would inevitably take the role.

Nothing beats the classic example:

Biehn_snake_comparison.JPG

The left is Snake from the cover of Metal Gear, while the right is Michael Biehn in a publicicity shot for The Terminator.

[quote name='Adilink']Nothing beats the classic example:

Biehn_snake_comparison.JPG

The left is Snake from the cover of Metal Gear, while the right is Michael Biehn in a publicicity shot for The Terminator.[/quote]

You win the thread... Simply awesome :cool:

[quote name='ViolentLee']Found another one:

This...
ironsword_box.jpg

...looks very similar to this!
viking.gif

Coincidence? I don't think so![/quote]

yeah cause fabio got paid for both covers...

[quote name='youruglyclone']yeah cause fabio got paid for both covers...[/QUOTE]
He actually co-wrote the book whose cover that's from.
While looking for a similar picture, I had to view an excruciatingly large amount of Fabio pictures. I'm not proud of that.

Konami, you've done it again! That Contra pic is accurate right down to the veins in his biceps.

Something I noticed about Call of Duty 3... the cover image is slightly different on each system. On some systems, the front dude's mouth is open like he is yelling, on others it is the gritted teeth. Weird.

Saw this and had to post this:
heavenlyswordladydiff.jpg

tyra-banks-wallpaper.jpg

tyra_banks_casting_call_ANTM_upn_pr.jpg

Sorry I can't find the exact match, but I've seen a pic of Tyra Banks that looks exactly like the girl from Heavenly Sword. The new redesign on the bottom, that is.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Saw this and had to post this:

Sorry I can't find the exact match, but I've seen a pic of Tyra Banks that looks exactly like the girl from Heavenly Sword.[/quote]

good call, she does look alot like Tyra. I thought the top right picture on the first image looked exactly like alyx from HL2 myself.

[quote name='Metal Boss']good call, she does look alot like Tyra. I thought the top right picture on the first image looked exactly like alyx from HL2 myself.[/QUOTE]

I agree with that. Sorry I couldn't find the exact pic where Tyra is "roaring" like that. But I'm sure if you watched her talk show for 5 minutes you'd see it. She's one crazy bitch.

bread's done
Back