Hollywood Video $7.99 DVDs

moviewizguy

CAGiversary!
If there are still any Hollywood Video stores around you, they have every $14.99 DVDs on sale for $7.99. I think this is until Oscar night, which is next Sunday. If you also have their daily book thingy, there's a coupon where it's B1G1 Free.

I don't know about anyone here but I spent about $16 dollars for 4 DVDs, whose price were originally $14.99. So I bought one for $7.99 and got one free and bought another pair. So all together, they were roughly $4 each and the movies I bought were Halloween (Unrated, 2-Disc set), Death Proof (2-Disc set), The Simpsons Movie, and The Kingdom. I didn't see Planet Terror anywhere but there are many DVDs.

I'm just giving you guys a heads up. I think it's much better than the Blockbuster sale (3 for $20).

This is also the same sale that is at Movie Gallery, which is pretty much owned by Hollywood Video or vice versa, cant remember. Anyways probably going to go down there with only a $20 and see what I can get.

I'm sorry, but am I the only one who thinks that $7.99 is not that cheap for a DVD. Sure they knocked $7 off an outrageous price, but $7.99 still aint cheap when you can go to other video stores and get (new-ish titles) ex-rentals for $4.99 or less.

Guess it must all depend on which stores are near you and how much they charge.... and stuff

[quote name='moviewizguy']I'm just giving you guys a heads up. I think it's much better than the Blockbuster sale (3 for $20).[/quote]

It's only cheaper than Blockbuster if you can find a coupon. Otherwise Blockbuster is still cheaper than this deal.

Yeah. The coupon is the thing that makes it really cheap. It's in their daily mini-book-like magazine thingy. I don't know how to explain it but it's in there. And I don't have a scanner. The book thingy is in their store. It's always up front so you can pick it up when you walk in or out. So it's not in those exclusive newspapers or anything.

[quote name='jmillion']its till tomorrow. its for president day. started Thursday, ends Monday.[/quote]

Is it still going on today??? or did it end this morning??? Plus if I can, will they have the b1g1 coupons in store??

Also, has anyone gotten this to work with the coupon as well? in the print for the $7.99 movies it says "can not be combined with any other offer"

Well, I didn't know it's going to end today. Sorry! And I think the cahsier person was nice. He let me use the coupon with the sale, even though it said "connot be used with other offers."

[quote name='moviewizguy']Well, I didn't know it's going to end today. Sorry! And I think the cahsier person was nice. He let me use the coupon with the sale, even though it said "connot be used with other offers."[/quote]

I decided to give it a whirl. Got Deathproof and Simpsons Movies for $8.64 including tax :D. He said he wasn't sure if his system would allow it to go through but he'd try. Lo and behold it went through :D

bread's done
Back