Hollywood Video: All movies 12.99 & under, now only 3.99! (YMMV w/out renting)

Pyloric

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
Stopped in a Hollywood Video and picked up Sweeny Todd, Sydney White, and Hot Rod (HD) for $12 total (In Fenton, MO). They had a handful of HD movies left, but nothing else that even remotely interested me other than Hot Rod. Not sure if Hollywood Video is ymmv or not, but I wouldn't think so.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think HV is YMMV, I could be wrong though. I remember reading about a promotion on here in the past, and trying to get it at my local one, but they weren't running it

Signage at the store clearly states: rent 2 movies and you can buy up to 5 $12.99 or less movies for $3.99 each.

If they didn't make you do that, they're not following the rules of the deal made by corporate.

Ive seen different signs at different stores, all have the normal Hollywood logos and fonts. One says you have to rent 2 movies, the other just says $3.99 straight up.

Yeah, this is the only Hollywood Video around, and the signs didn't say anything about having to rent. They even had a VERY homemade sign on the door that said the same thing. I guess it is YMMV then. . .

This deal has changed (at least at the one I work at), and now it's $3.99, for any $12 and under PV DVD, even without renting anything.

Yeah, this was posted in the Hollywood Video thread. The promotion ended on 11/20, but started again on 11/21, but this time without the rental requirement. It *should* be like this at every Hollywood Video now, but who knows.

yes, i just got back from a movie gallery and can confirm and any movie $12.99 or under can now be purchased for $3.99 but dont forget that there are cellfire coupons for bogo on used movies but it only makes sense on used movies $5.99 or under.

YES. it absolutely is confirmed at MG's (they've had it at 10 out the last 10 I've been to). I made a post about it around 2 days ago...just a few threads down.

[quote name='J7.']Anyone know if they have any decent movies in this deal?[/quote]
Yes at least the store in Albany,Or
I know the sales been going on a few days here.

I got,I went a little crazy.

I saw only 1 copy of these movies ***

Thief ..James Caan***
Eye of the Needle***
The Killing by Kubrick***
rock.gif

Ghost World***
Billy Elliot***

The Gift***
River's Edge ***
rock.gif

Steamboy***