Hollywood Video B1G1 all games $18.99 and under YMMV

justcausetx

CAG Veteran
Hadn't seen this posted so thought I'd throw it up. If you happen to have a Hollywood Video near you they are having a Father's Day sale this weekend. Buy any 1 Game $18.99 and under and get one free. I got Star Wars Force Unleashed and Blue Dragon for $16.

Mine has a sign up for a sale but didn't say what was on sale. I'll leave for it right now since its only 4 blocks away from me and come back and post if its going on here too.

Any list of notable 18.99 and less games? is this for all systems too? I'm sure some nice PSP or DS games are down in that price range as well as PS2 games

I don't remember what games they had. I only looked at 360 games but i believe she said that it was on all system.

Star Wars and Blue Dragon were both $14.99 for 360 if that helps any.

Anyone have any suggestions on what games trade in for a reasonable amount at HWV? I'd be glad to call and get quotes, but I'm not even sure which games to ask about. Too bad the Gears of War TIV isn't still 30! lol.

This would be cool but I remember the last time they had a big game sale and I had an extremely hard time finding a store that honored it.

[quote name='theflicker']This is probably for stores without a Game Crazy attached, right?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that HollyWood Video has no association with gamecrazy. Maybe you're thinking of Blockbuster?

Edit: I went to the HollyWood video site and saw Game Crazy all over it. Must of got mixed up with something else.

[quote name='letallis']I'm pretty sure that HollyWood Video has no association with gamecrazy. Maybe you're thinking of Blockbuster?

Edit: I went to the HollyWood video site and saw Game Crazy all over it. Must of got mixed up with something else.[/QUOTE]

Blockbuster has GameRush. Supposedly. I've never seen one myself, and all the area Blockbusters are franchise, so I can never get in on any of the good Blockbuster deals (which are at corporate stores only).

[quote name='guessed']Blockbuster has GameRush. Supposedly. I've never seen one myself, and all the area Blockbusters are franchise, so I can never get in on any of the good Blockbuster deals (which are at corporate stores only).[/QUOTE]

Ah, GameRush, its hard to keep up with all of these stores with "game" in the title. I also seem to have your problem. Out of the 14 Blockbusters within 20 miles of me, none of them are GameRushs'. I think the closest is about 50 miles away form me. Maybe one day...

Most of the stand alone stores do.

I called mine sounds like its on, mine said its only on new games $18.99 buy one get 1 free

The Bridgewater NJ hollywood video had just Mercenaries 2 for $18. That was it. They were having the sale, just nothing to buy. >_>

[quote name='letallis']Ah, GameRush, its hard to keep up with all of these stores with "game" in the title. I also seem to have your problem. Out of the 14 Blockbusters within 20 miles of me, none of them are GameRushs'. I think the closest is about 50 miles away form me. Maybe one day...[/QUOTE]

Just wanted to make sure I was clear, a BBuster doesn't need to have a GameRush to have most of the good BBuster deals, it just has to be a corporate store instead of a franchise.

The only thing GameCrazy is doing this weekend is the usual B2G1F on $18.99/under new games this weekend. They seem to run this promotion every month at some point.

And note that I said B2G1, not B1G1.

my store had buy 1 get 1 free on all ps2, xbox, and gamecube games. and buy 1 get 1 free on all brand new games $18.99 and under (wouldn't apply to used games).

My store had B1G1 on all last gen.- Picked up

Metal Gear Twin snakes (complete minus book $14.99)
Megaman X collection ( GC complete $12.99-Free)

[quote name='Gamelore']I went to mine and it's B2G1. Good enough.[/QUOTE]

Does yours have a GameCrazy, or is it a plain Hollywood Video?

It sounds like this may still be YMMV, but I went to two GameCrazy stores yesterday and both were offering B1G1 on new $18.99 or less games (all platforms). Each had all eligible games displayed together. Trouble for me was finding two games at the same store that I did not already own, but there were some good titles.

[quote name='bug_nuts']Anyone remember the 3.99 deal they ran.... those made for a flippers holiday!!![/QUOTE]

that deal made me so much credit it was silly i keep hoping to see a similar one pop up but sadly not yet HV must have made a fortune selling so many games which now just sit and rot on their shelves

Damn got excited I remember they did this like last summer I think and I picked up a bundle of games (B1G1) B2G1 still could interest me if I see a list of games.

[quote name='bamf226']Anyone know if this is also good at Movie Gallery (which is owned by Hollywood Video or vice versa)?[/QUOTE]

Yes it is. It was on a small table near the checkout at the movie gallery of mine last night in New Lenox, IL and it was 18.99 and under.

Notable games for xbox were:
Call of Juarez
Blue Dragon
Star Wars: Force Unleashed
NBA 2K7 and MLB 2k7

Jericho for the PS3 if i recall.

I just called mine and they are having the sale through their game crazy store and say they have ps3 force unleashed on sale for 15 and are honoring the b1g1 free deal.

GameCrazy sales are inconsistent. One of my local stores said it was B2G1F.

Is this some strategy to move more volume? Wait, wait, what's this extra disc protection charge? Yeah, it's like that, huh?

B1G1 for SW: Force Unleashed (new) is pretty awsome if you (and a friend) need two for either 360 or PS3. I picked up one for each system. $7.50 apiece new through tomorrow.

Just called my local Game Crazy & they are running the B1G1 new games $18.99 & under sale. Heading out there in a few minutes-- not sure what I'm gonna get :D

[quote name='justcausetx']Hadn't seen this posted so thought I'd throw it up. If you happen to have a Hollywood Video near you they are having a Father's Day sale this weekend. Buy any 1 Game $18.99 and under and get one free. I got Star Wars Force Unleashed and Blue Dragon for $16.
iy.gif
[/QUOTE]

does anybody have a discount code ?

Just got back for the local Hollywood Video, they were doing B2G1 on all 18.99 and under and B1G1 on PS2/Xbox/GC. I didn't pick up anything as I forgot my wallet at home, but I'll be hitting the store again either tomorrow or Sunday as well as the other location here in town.

Gastonia, NC Hollywood Video had the buy one get one free deal. Nothing really left, Blue Dragon was the only that caught my eye. Going back tomorrow to see if I can spot another one I can get for free. Also, they had a lot of posters marked down to 2.99, smaller posters was 50¢ each. Please they had little mario people marked down to 50¢ each. Had Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, and the bullet.

I went to a local(ish) HV (without GC), and asked about the sale, the first guy mentioned a sale on used games, then the manager (I think he was the manager) said that they did have the B1G1 on new games $18.99 and under. I was going to get 2 Force Unleashed 360 and 2 Force Unleashed PS3, but the first guy said he really wanted the PS3 version, and there were only 2, so I let him have it while I looked around for another game. I could tell that the manager was a little freaked out that the employee was asking for the game, but I explained to him that I didn't in any way feel pressured to give the employee the game, I was just doing it to be nice, and it was no big deal to me to pick something else (I picked Blue Dragon). When I was checking out, the employee started talking about games, asked if I had tried Prototype. I told him that I had played Infamous some, but not Prototype. I also mentioned that I saw they had a few Art of Prototype books in the case, and asked if they were to give to people who bought the game (of course they were). The manager said they were just going to collect dust on the shelf, so he gave me one. Instant Karma.

Now I REALLY wish I had waited and bought Force Unleashed during THIS sale(paid $15 during the normal sale), though the people at my closest HWV said the sale on it was already over, since I would pick up two copies and just give one to my buddy who rented it a while back.

I think it's been like a month, but I still have the game sealed and I have the receipt. I wonder if they'd let me do a return and rebuy TWO copies for $15.:lol:

So is Force Unleashed confirmed at still $15? All the stores around me took the $14.99 tags off and put the $30 ones back up.

[quote name='Bezerker']So is Force Unleashed confirmed at still $15? All the stores around me took the $14.99 tags off and put the $30 ones back up.[/QUOTE]

A fellow local CAG told me about the deal still being in effect last week, I think, so unless they ended it SINCE then I know where I'm going back to today with my old receipt for the single copy I bought.

If for nothing, I'll have them check the price on SW:FU and if need be I'll buy two more copies of it prior to trying to either return or exchange my other sealed copy for two more $18.99 and under games.

[quote name='Bezerker']So is Force Unleashed confirmed at still $15? All the stores around me took the $14.99 tags off and put the $30 ones back up.[/QUOTE]

Confirmed at the GC-less HWV that I went to. I also went to a GC near my house to pull some penny guides, and it was still marked $14.99, but I didn't try buying. Considering that the clerk hadn't pulled the field destroys as of late last night, though, it is entirely possible that the SW:TFU price went back up at GC and they just never retagged it.

bread's done
Back