hollywood video blu ray rentals are free

spug21

It can’t rain all the time
okay this one blows my mind and I'm not sure for how long but all blu ray rentals at hollywood video are free
no catch just free
limit of one at a time
more details to follow

[quote name='xeno']Ymmv?[/quote]

It might be ymmv I'll find out more on saturday I guess it wouldnt hurt to call and confirm at your local hollywood store though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll check my local store and see if its true. I could use a few more movies to check on blu-ray instead of dvd.

yes we do. I am going to call today right now and check myself here in philly at cedarbrook plaza

ok just checked and here at cedarbrook plaza...during this month you get 1 free blu ray rental. so it looks like it is YMMV on this deal but a deal is still a free deal. Thanks OP :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got back from HW. It's one free BD rental per day. I was pretty surprised, to say the least.

I would find it hard to believe too, but I just walked out with 10,000 B.C. and plan to be back tomorrow for something else (and the next day and the next day....). :)

I went to HW and try to rent 21 BluRay BUT IT IS NOT FREE!
I told the clerk to check again on their system and all their system is still tallying the
total $5.xx (incl. tax).

I think this is YMMV only.

I told my parents today to rent a blu-ray movie, and my mom told me we got an automatic phone call from HW saying that during the month of August all blu-ray rentals are free, I think it's 1 per day, I gotta return a game I rented so I'm gonna go see in a little while.

Thanks OP i went to check and they did have a sign at the door saying free blu-ray rentals
I got The Bank Job

will have to check this the nxt time i go in there. yea and depending on the manager, they will try to charge or throw some *rent 1, get blu ray free* thing in. when i used to work there my manager was notorious for random crazy shit like that

Confirmed, I got 21, because my family hadn't seen it, they enjoyed it, we're going to return tomorrow for another one, until netflix movies come on Tuesday

I used to work at the Hollywood Video here in town, and I'm good friends with everyone who still works there so I usually get some perks. I was told that it's one free blu-ray rental PER VISIT. I'm sure it simply depends on the employee you get.

Also, in case any of you didn't know on your birthday you get one free rental. It can be a game, DVD, or blu-ray. You can get multiple free rentals if you make multiple trips because each time your account is brought up it says Happy birthday and adds a free rental. You just have to make sure the next time you go in it's a different shift or you rent from a different employee in case they recognize you.

okay so i asked the manager at my hollywood for more details and she said you could go every day and get a new blu ray rental for free as long as you bring back the other one. So you can only have one out at a time
awesomeness

I didn't see any type of flyer, but I could've easily overlooked it. My local store had a giant window vinyl on the front of the building as well as signs around the blu-ray section.

Went there for the hell of it... didn't see any announcements, didn't ask, although they did have more BR that I thought. None of which I wanted or hadn't seen already.

Stopped at HW in Omaha and when I asked about this possible deal the cashier just looked at me like I was crazy or something, oh well. I hope Shoot em Up is good :D

Perhaps you should actually get them to scan it and check because all BR movies scan as free. I don't think all locations are doing this, but the majority are.

Hmmm...since they canceled the MVP program at my HWV, I'll have to check this out and see if there's anything I haven't seen that's on Blu-Ray or something I want to see.

I saw the signage at my Utah Hollywood. It was by the blu-rays themselves. The clerk gave me a free rental and remarked that my "first blu-ray of the week was free". He probably didn't know the actual promotion.

There's a HW about a block away from me (in Minneapolis, MN), and they have it advertised in big letters right on the door as you walk in... as well as on a big eraser board off to the side.

I'll try, but I am in Michigan and it appears a few said no go in Michigan....worth a shot since I have one pretty close to my house.

just checked the hollywood video in San Bruno, CA and the manager had never heard of it. He looked in the system and saw no mention of the promotion. Said it seemed too good to be true.

Anyone else have any luck in the bay area?

Tried and asked them to scan a bluray movie to check out too, but no go.
I asked the clerk to double check again. There is no memo what so ever and the clerk said the only FREE rental that one can get is if you rent during your birthday, it is free.

Again, I think this is only in some areas and YMMV.

Just called my local store and asked if they were running any specials on Blu-Rays. Right away he told me for the month you get one free rental per day per person on your account. Time to get my movies on!

bread's done
Back