Hollywood Video - Buy 2 Get 2 Free Used Movies

krazyazn01

CAGiversary!
Hollywood Video is having some Halloween Special. It says Buy 2 Get 2 Free on used movies. I didn't really have time to look at any of the movies on sale.

I'll post some pictures when I visit the store again, which is in San Jose, CA.

One in Monroe, MI is doing it to. It would've ended up costing me $30 to get the first 2 due to the selection left at ours so I passed.

At mine in Kansas, they also had buy 3 new dvd's normally $7.99 a piece for $18. Some of the choices were Remember the Titans, The Rookie, Artificial Intelligence, The Village, War of the Worlds.

Its happening at the Midland, MI one as well, but I decided to use my money at Blockbuster instead with there buy 2 get 1 sale. The titles are cheaper there, plus they had more "newer" titles to choose from. Hollywood Video doesnt have Duisturbia or Hot Fuzz used yet while Blockbuster did. Plus picked up Factory Girl which Hollywood Video cant even rent out since its a BB exclusive.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Its happening at the Midland, MI one as well, but I decided to use my money at Blockbuster instead with there buy 2 get 1 sale. The titles are cheaper there, plus they had more "newer" titles to choose from. Hollywood Video doesnt have Duisturbia or Hot Fuzz used yet while Blockbuster did. Plus picked up Factory Girl which Hollywood Video cant even rent out since its a BB exclusive.[/quote]

That's interesting since my Hollywood Video usually has new movies way way before Blockbuster. Last time I was at Blockbuster, maybe about a week ago, they had just gotten in copies of Reno 911 Miami. Maybe I'll check out Hollywood video and see if I can get a decent deal on The Lookout. Problem is, it's usually a bunch of new movies and then a ton of older crapier movies, so maybe picking 4 movies might be tough.

Hollywood Video by me always gets movies for previously viewed before Blockbuster. Hot Fuzz and Disturbia were supposed to be on sale at HV this week I haven't made it by there though and the site can be off a bit sometimes. I picked up Number 23, Zodiac, Children of Men which is a older release but I hadn't seen it, and Black Snake moan When it was 4 for $30 the same deal. Premonition, Breach, Dead Silence, Freedom Writers, Letters from Iwo Jima and Shooter i remembering seem at HV. The Lookout isn't listed on there site might be awhile till it comes out on previously viewed same with 300.

Don't get me wrong. The HV I went to usually gets newer titles as pre-viewed ones as well. I was also interested in getting "The Perfect Stranger" but neither BB or HV had it previewed. However Hollywood Video had "The Fountain" used while BB did not. So its kinda iffy. I had to miss out on getting The Fountain. But in exchange I got 3 titles HV didnt have used, so win/win I guess.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Don't get me wrong. The HV I went to usually gets newer titles as pre-viewed ones as well. I was also interested in getting "The Perfect Stranger" but neither BB or HV had it previewed. However Hollywood Video had "The Fountain" used while BB did not. So its kinda iffy. I had to miss out on getting The Fountain. But in exchange I got 3 titles HV didnt have used, so win/win I guess.[/QUOTE]

The Perfect Stranger comes out on the 24th for Previously Viewed at Hollywood. Btw this sale isn't YMMV its everywhere Hollywood Video is because they even mention the sale on their site. They also list some release dates for other movies if you are looking. Their pretty accurate too. Although I went and bought my dvds at the Hastings sale. They seemed to have more of a selection.

Costa Mesa, CA

Bought Hot Fuzz, Pan's Labyrinth, A Scanner Darkly, and District B-13 for $30 total. Passed on Reno 911 Miami, which I regret.

I went to a Hollywood Video a couple months back when they were having buy 2 get 2 combined with their huge section of $5 movies...I picked up about 20 titles for $2.50 each. Got some pretty obscure stuff like Tartan Asian horror along with more mainstream titles.

bread's done
Back