Hollywood Video to stop renting Cube & XBOX games all games 9.99 or less to buy! YMMV

briansraregames

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
Just got word today that all Hollywood Video stores will cease to rent XBOX and Gamecube titles. My source is a Hollywood Video store manager and he said that all gamecube and XBOX titles are available to purchase out of rental. All gamecube and xbox games will be $9.99 or less. He did also say that this may be on a district by district basis, but should be going national soon, so YMMV. I already bought a bunch of $9.99 cube titles at a few local stores (NW Indiana) stuff like Twilight Princess, Mario Kart, Mario Party 5-7, Pikmin 2, Fire Emblem, Mario Tennis, etc and I did get them all for $9.99 each. So if your local Hollywood video has any good cube or xbox stuff in rental, you might want to check it out. Happy hunting!

MVC-002S-1.jpg

MVC-001S-2.jpg

Oh yeah, one more thing: Since this info came from a managers memo, general CSR's probably won't have any idea what you're talking about when you call and ask about this clearance. Also, there probably won't be any kind of display either. Be sure to speak directly to a store manager or assistant manager and ask them about buying a game out of rental.

i got legend of Zelda: wind waker 14.99 used. they fix the zelda disc with disc machine one those big ones. I got sonic adventure DX 14.99 not opened brand new. I also found out that my hollywood video will sell all games and movies very cheap due to some reasons.

The only HW video I know of in Raleigh had a lot of GC, XB and PS2 games that would fall under the 3 for $15 deal. However, there really wasn't a lot worth buying. They did have Fatal Frame for XB, but it wasn't in the original case. I also saw FF: Battle Archives Vol. 1 and FF X-2. If you don't care about having your games complete it might be worth the effort to check it out.

I picked up two new copies of TETRIS DS (Not part of the Deal but good find), Zone of the enders second with manual and original cover and a few other games that weren't any big deal but the deal was in both of the stores I went to. One store had a lot more than the other. Needless to say the store with the least amount of stuff is the store that will be closing in a couple of weeks.

I checked a corporate owned store today that does not have a GameCrazy attached. Basically, there are no plans to clear out the GameCube or Xbox games yet until they need the room (and it is going to be a slow process, not an all at once deal). I asked if there was some type of rent to own program and the prices were too expensive.

i actually went by a hollywood video yesterday... all of their games are in awful rental boxes instead of the original cases. for some reason, i hate that...

Came up empty at Roy, Ut store. All Gamecube and Xbox games were normally priced. Only game really worth considering was Zelda Windwaker but was going for $15.

[quote name='onikage']The only HW video I know of in Raleigh had a lot of GC, XB and PS2 games that would fall under the 3 for $15 deal. However, there really wasn't a lot worth buying. They did have Fatal Frame for XB, but it wasn't in the original case. I also saw FF: Battle Archives Vol. 1 and FF X-2. If you don't care about having your games complete it might be worth the effort to check it out.[/quote]
I was at the edward mills rd one yesterday, they had a bunch of last gen games for sale but nothing good. Isn't there another one on glenwood ave in raleigh? I think it was in the list of stores that would be closing at the end of the month.

the one I asked said that since they have a GC attached they just transfer any games instead of sell them. bah, all the Hollywood Videos around here have GC attached.

At the Richfield, MN store w/o a GameCrazy attached I was told there are plans to start selling the games "all at one price" starting the 18th.

I talked to a manager at a store yesterday and he said that (as others have mentioned) any store with a GCrazy attached will just transfer inventory over. The stores that don't have a GCrazy are doing it slowly, with 30-40 GC and XB a week getting shifted over from rent to sale. The two stores I checked in our area looked like they were starting with the junk first.

So I just came back from Hollywood Video and a bunch of GC games were labeled "Game Vault" while newer gen games were not... it was swamped so I didn't track down a manager or anything, but are "Game Vault" titles the ones available to purchase?

man... I haven't had a chance to hit up my local HV but I'm hoping nobody got their grubby hands on it yet. They had two copies each of Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for Xbox and PS2. And a copy of Rez. I think they might've had a copy of Ico still too. This could be some sweet reselling or ebaying profit if nobody beat me to the punch and if they are still selling... *crosses fingers* I'd only sell the extra copies of MvC2 of course. I want Rez and Ico for myself lol.

bread's done
Back