Hollywood Video Trade Deal!!!!

rickybee2003

CAGiversary!
Hollywood video is now accepting trades for dvds. up until wednesday they are giving a minimum of 5 bucks for dvds and 1 dollar for vhs. they allow 25 trades a day i traded 20 dvds that i got for like 3 bucks a piece and ended up with 125 dollars in store credit!

[quote name='rickybee2003']Hollywood video is now accepting trades for dvds. up until wednesday they are giving a minimum of 5 bucks for dvds and 1 dollar for vhs. they allow 25 trades a day i traded 20 dvds that i got for like 3 bucks a piece and ended up with 125 dollars in store credit![/QUOTE]

Hmm..O.K. Now what are you going to do with that $125 of credit? Most of Hollywood's prices tend to be quite exorbitant unless you do it on their PO movies, but then I would have rather just kept the ones that I owned.

I seriously doubt the credit is transferrable, which sucks, because my HWV has a GC attached and the only thing I would use credit for at HWV would be preowned DVD movie sales.. they don't sell any games or anything like that.

Do they care about the movies? Do they have to be in their system, have cases, you cant just buy those ones at Target that come in the cardboard case can you?

[quote name='markholladay']Do they care about the movies? Do they have to be in their system, have cases, you cant just buy those ones at Target that come in the cardboard case can you?[/QUOTE]

I would assume those don't work...but I could try it with one today....

[quote name='markholladay']Do they care about the movies? Do they have to be in their system, have cases, you cant just buy those ones at Target that come in the cardboard case can you?[/QUOTE]

They do have to be in their system, and I was told that the credit is not transferable to GC :(. I traded in 24 movies for $120 credit. These were all movies that had been rejected by Hastings 4for1 trade, so I was pretty glad to be rid of them (and most of them sucked. They took almost everything I brought them -- the only exceptions that I can think of were The Shawn White Album (the Target exclusive DVD that they had sold for $1), The Italian Job (I have no idea why they wouldn't take it, maybe they had too many copies), Tomb Raider (I think it was Cradle of Life, probably also too many copies), and the Tomorrow People box set (I just wanted to give it a try and see what they offered, I haven't finished watching it yet). For the TP set, they scanned the outer box. I didn't check if the discs inside had different barcodes, so I can't say for sure that it is untradeable.

I don't expect I'll be using the credit for much besides the 4 for $20 deals.

Yeah...sucks because even though HW is taking VHS and DVDs for somewhat decent prices, the overall selection of things to buy sucks. They have a VERY small collection of new titles, and most of there used titles are VERY old and dated. Oh well. There is No other place to dump my VHS, so oh well.

...But then again, if you let your credit sit for a month, I'm sure there will be some decent titles traded in by others atleast...

Damn! I just sold a bunch of old VHS's on ebay for like $15. Oh well....I'd rather have the cash anyway. I don't have a Hollywood closeby anymore.

This could be worth it if you want to get rid off those old VHS tapes sitting in the closet somewhere that you couldn't sell on ebay or your yard sale. Only thing is they don't have that much good stuff to buy with the credit. If only they let you use it at Gamecrazy too.

That really stinks that you cannot use it at GC. And also stinks aboutt he Tomorrow People. Iam trying to find a place to get rid of it. It is selling on Ebay for veryy little.

bread's done
Back