Hollywood Video Used Blu-Rays Online @ 6.99 + 25% code per item

NeuronalState

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Then again what would one expect with a company that has this little "gem" on their website....

hwvdidyac.jpg

Seriously? "Didja C?" Wow.

[quote name='ackbar7']I think it is a real disservice to their customer that they canceled the items that showed up $0, rather than giving the buyer the option to pay the normal price for them. I would gladly pay ~$11 for The Simpsons Movie and Dark Knight, but no. Instead, because HWV screwed up, I don't get my movies. And I don't think it meant they were out of stock because I did receive all of the $0 movies from the order I placed last week, so my order could have been fulfilled. To make it worse the email has no information about who I should contact if I am not interested in receiving my now modified order, or if I have a complaint, which I clearly do.
I think that all of this just shows why HWV is struggling so. They have been unable to adapt to a 21st century business model, and here and now that they are trying to they have totally fucked it up.[/QUOTE]

Well, it's just odd the way they put it. You would think that those items were out of stock because they're no longer on the site. But I guess they could have pulled them because of a glitch in the pricing too. I was really excited about picking up Role Models too. Oh well, maybe it'll get added sometime...although now that Slickdeals posted this sale, I'm sure A LOT more people are aware of it and will be checking in frequently. So sad. Good things never last.

Well should have known this was too good to be true, just got my first order (which is finalized on my credit card statement online) and for three items I paid for are missing from the package and simply marked missing on the inclosed invoice in pencil. The shipping email stated they had shipped out. I was never notified these items wouldn't be included, was charged for them and they were included in the shipping email. Now because they have no contact # I have to send an email and wait for a response, I called the regular customer service number and they don't handle 'online' its a third party company with no way to reach them except the generic email address listed online. This bothers me due to the fact I've been charged and was never notified not all my items would be included (not to mention I have no idea if I'll ever get these items now that I've paid for because of the lack of communication) I placed more orders yesterday for about 30 blu's which now I feel a bit unsure over. I contacted my card company and they gave me a number that was used for the charges it just calls general customer service where they tell you its a third party and they have no info or number for them to use email for issues. So now I'll wait and see how they respond to my email before I file chargebacks which my card company actually offered when I spoke with them but I said I'd wait to hear from this third party first and go from there.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's some pretty decent deals to be found on DVDs as well. I just ordered a bunch of music ones:

Best of the Blues Brothers [Used]
Emerson, Lake & Palmer: Welcome Back [Used]
Journey: Greatest Hits DVD 1978-1997 [Used]
Meatloaf: Bat out of Hell [Used]
MTV Unplugged: Bryan Adams [Used]
Police: Every Breath You Take (The DVD) [Used]
Yes: Keys to Ascension [Used]
Yes [Special Edition EP] [Used]

$3.74 each after the 25% off is pretty good for these titles. Total came to $32.78 after tax.

I ordered 2 blu's last night fromt he site with no e-mail that my order went threw or that they have took it off my card. Has this happened to anyone else recently. The 1st time I did it everything was ok.

Looking through the DVDs I have to say I am shocked that Birth of a Nation is on there. Most of this stuff seems like former rentals, but HWV does not exactly seem like a place you could go in and rent that one. For those of you who don't know this is the first feature length American movie (I believe the French beat us to it) and for those movie/history buff it is worth a watch, as long as you can stand that it is the heroic story of a bunch of white guys who banded together to form the KKK. Tough to stomach, but the entire film industry as we know it comes from this. Sorry for the rant, but this movie is fascinating to me.

Man, I have no idea what's going to happen with my order that had those $0.00 items that got cancelled. The email I got says that if I ordered additional items, those items would ship soon. But my online order status just says "cancelled". I guess I'll find out if there's a charge on my card in the next few days. That website definitely needs work though. I always get a laugh when huge corporations' websites look worse than some teenagers MySpace pages.

Also, for people who've gotten their movies already. Do they all ship together, or are they individually packaged? I only ask because I've started to feel bad for my mailman since I've been buying from GoHastings. I felt like an idiot when he brought a huge stack of about 15 padded envelopes to my door one day.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Man, I have no idea what's going to happen with my order that had those $0.00 items that got cancelled. The email I got says that if I ordered additional items, those items would ship soon. But my online order status just says "cancelled". I guess I'll find out if there's a charge on my card in the next few days. That website definitely needs work though. I always get a laugh when huge corporations' websites look worse than some teenagers MySpace pages.

Also, for people who've gotten their movies already. Do they all ship together, or are they individually packaged? I only ask because I've started to feel bad for my mailman since I've been buying from GoHastings. I felt like an idiot when he brought a huge stack of about 15 padded envelopes to my door one day.[/QUOTE]
I emailed them about the cancellation issue and am waiting to hear back from them. Turns out replying to that email is the same as their customer service email, so I thought it was worth a try.
I have had a similar experience to you with gohastings orders, and I know from the 1 order from HWV I have received it came all in one envelope. Now, that was 7 Blus, so I am not really sure how my 30 movie order is going to arrive. But you shouldn't feel bad for the mail man, there are those who think the Postal Service should significantly scale back its service, or even close. 15 items from gohastings arriving separately helps him keep his job.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Man, I have no idea what's going to happen with my order that had those $0.00 items that got cancelled. The email I got says that if I ordered additional items, those items would ship soon. But my online order status just says "cancelled". I guess I'll find out if there's a charge on my card in the next few days. That website definitely needs work though. I always get a laugh when huge corporations' websites look worse than some teenagers MySpace pages.

Also, for people who've gotten their movies already. Do they all ship together, or are they individually packaged? I only ask because I've started to feel bad for my mailman since I've been buying from GoHastings. I felt like an idiot when he brought a huge stack of about 15 padded envelopes to my door one day.[/QUOTE]
The order I got they were all together sans the items they charged for but didn't ship that I'm trying to figure out whats going on with. Of the three I got one was wrapped in plastic the other two were not.

Damn only 8 blu-rays now. This site just got destroyed. Luckily I got confirmation for my 2 orders that I had last night. Now it's just a waiting game to see what I actually get.

See I placed an order last night for the blu ray of chocolate
I noticed it got charged to my card, and it said it was being processed but I got no conformation email
Also on the order form it doesn't show a billing or a shipping address

The 2 0.00 blu's I ordered both got canclled even though in my log in name they both still say processing

I am hoping I wind up getting chocolate after all

See last night around 10 or 11 something I placed an order for a used copy of chocolate on blu. I noticed it got charged to my bank account but I didn't get a conformation email even though it says processing when I check my orders. Also when I look at my invoice for it, it has no billing or shipping address
I hope with all that I still wind up getting the chocolate blu

[quote name='jr7936']See last night around 10 or 11 something I placed an order for a used copy of chocolate on blu. I noticed it got charged to my bank account but I didn't get a conformation email even though it says processing when I check my orders. Also when I look at my invoice for it, it has no billing or shipping address
I hope with all that I still wind up getting the chocolate blu[/QUOTE]

Kinda the same thing to me but they did not charge my card I ordered same time. No E-mail but mine did not get charged to card. I e-mailed them about it yet to hear back Im hoping I still can get my final 2.

[quote name='blissskr']Well should have known this was too good to be true, just got my first order (which is finalized on my credit card statement online) and for three items I paid for are missing from the package and simply marked missing on the inclosed invoice in pencil. The shipping email stated they had shipped out. I was never notified these items wouldn't be included, was charged for them and they were included in the shipping email. Now because they have no contact # I have to send an email and wait for a response, I called the regular customer service number and they don't handle 'online' its a third party company with no way to reach them except the generic email address listed online. This bothers me due to the fact I've been charged and was never notified not all my items would be included (not to mention I have no idea if I'll ever get these items now that I've paid for because of the lack of communication) I placed more orders yesterday for about 30 blu's which now I feel a bit unsure over. I contacted my card company and they gave me a number that was used for the charges it just calls general customer service where they tell you its a third party and they have no info or number for them to use email for issues. So now I'll wait and see how they respond to my email before I file chargebacks which my card company actually offered when I spoke with them but I said I'd wait to hear from this third party first and go from there.[/QUOTE]

I got my order today, and ran into the same issue you're having. I ordered 6 blu-rays, and only received 4 of them, with the invoice showing the other two as "missing". I too am going to send them an e-mail (I'll request they send me two other movies instead if they're unable to fulfill the order).

Feel free to update us how they handle the situation. I'll do the same. Worst-case-scenario I contact my credit card company and get the charges for the two movies I didn't receive removed.

Other than the two "missing" movies, I'm very happy with the quality of the discs (though Coraline didn't come with 3D glasses).

ok update on my status it appears that the items never left my cart even though it was ordered and now they are at 0.00 so I am assuming they do no got them in stock

I looked at my bank account and it said the hollywood video amount wouldn't post until the 26th even though my bank already let me know they took it out,

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']I got my order today, and ran into the same issue you're having. I ordered 6 blu-rays, and only received 4 of them, with the invoice showing the other two as "missing". I too am going to send them an e-mail (I'll request they send me two other movies instead if they're unable to fulfill the order).
Feel free to update us how they handle the situation. I'll do the same. Worst-case-scenario I contact my credit card company and get the charges for the two movies I didn't receive removed.
Other than the two "missing" movies, I'm very happy with the quality of the discs (though Coraline didn't come with 3D glasses).[/QUOTE]

Even though its reassuring to know I'm not the only one, its not really due to us having to deal with this to begin with. I emailed them early this morning after my mailman came 10am EST and received no response all day. To me I don't mind if they send them late or something but it bothers me that they're simply marked missing and there's been no communication from them. But they did charge me for the items I haven't received or at least been provided any update on which I think would have been courteous. I'll wait it out to see what happens but at this point I'm not overly optimistic with the situation due too there lack of communication.

[quote name='blissskr']Even though its reassuring to know I'm not the only one, its not really due to us having to deal with this to begin with. I emailed them early this morning after my mailman came 10am EST and received no response all day. To me I don't mind if they send them late or something but it bothers me that they're simply marked missing and there's been no communication from them. But they did charge me for the items I haven't received or at least been provided any update on which I think would have been courteous. I'll wait it out to see what happens but at this point I'm not overly optimistic with the situation due too there lack of communication.[/QUOTE]

I hear you. A deal as good as this is sure to have some snags. I assume you're satisfied like I am with the movies you did receive, and it shouldn't be an issue getting the charges canceled for the movies we didn't receive. However, I agree that their lack of communication (I've yet to receive a reply either) is bothersome.

[quote name='wild21crazy']Damn only 8 blu-rays now. This site just got destroyed. Luckily I got confirmation for my 2 orders that I had last night. Now it's just a waiting game to see what I actually get.[/QUOTE]

Now down to four. I seriously suspect they'll have to lower the price of Invasion down to free just to get rid of them. :lol:

I don't know what you guys are looking at, or how you are sorting the list, but if you sort high to low, 100 per page and show both DVD and Blu-rays there are 50+ titles still available. Sure the selection is such high art as Leatherheads, Love Guru, and Scorpion King 2, but there have been quite a few titles up all day.

[quote name='ackbar7']I don't know what you guys are looking at, or how you are sorting the list, but if you sort high to low, 100 per page and show both DVD and Blu-rays there are 50+ titles still available. Sure the selection is such high art as Leatherheads, Love Guru, and Scorpion King 2, but there have been quite a few titles up all day.[/QUOTE]

I was sorting with blu-rays only. Seems to be back up to 12 or so but they are not the greatest titles.

I feel sorry for anybody who didn't use the sort price high low, show 100 per page method...You probably got screwed out of a majority of the good titles available. That's probably how "Taken" was available for so long.

Wow, I just received my order and I'm really happy, I ordered the following BD Batman Begins, The Class, Persepolis and Sleep dealer, Batman Begins and The Class are BRAND NEW, and Persepolis and Sleep Dealer are like new in their original BD cases, with no signs of wear, lucky me I guess

Like everyone else, my discs were flawless. I got the second order the other day, still waiting on the first. Order 1 was placed 2/16 and shipped 2/23, order 2 was placed 2/17 and shipped 2/20 - both from the same location.

[quote name='vicory_hell']Wow, I just received my order and I'm really happy, I ordered the following BD Batman Begins, The Class, Persepolis and Sleep dealer, Batman Begins and The Class are BRAND NEW, and Persepolis and Sleep Dealer are like new in their original BD cases, with no signs of wear, lucky me I guess[/QUOTE]

There's no question that this is a hell of a deal. In fact, 3 of the 4 blu-rays I received are 98% or better quality (I think 2 of them are brand new). I'm just concerned that they're charging people for merchandise they can't deliver on.

I just hope others don't get screwed out of items they ordered like I was.

I'm glad I placed my order last week (around the 16th to 18th), and it came in today (2/24/10). I ordered couple blus, they all came in the blu ray cases with the art work (no inside inserts though), and only one disk was minorly scratched, but i can live with it (It was the bonus disk that has those special features for Coraline (disk 2). None of the 3 blus i ordered had the digital copy tho.

Well I got my order today too. But out of the 6 blu's I ordered I only got 1. But yet I was still charged the full amount. On the invoice is says no for the other 5 that I ordered. I'm going to call CS in a few to see why I was still charged the full amount.

[quote name='neoz']Well I got my order today too. But out of the 6 blu's I ordered I only got 1. But yet I was still charged the full amount. On the invoice is says no for the other 5 that I ordered. I'm going to call CS in a few to see why I was still charged the full amount.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if that will help I went to call that number and they said they have nothing to do with the online orders. But if you get a different number or something let us know.

Just curious if I got the email saying they had to cancel both of my 0.00 movies but in my account it still says processing, do you think there is still a chance I could recieve them or not
Its just been on my mind :p

Out of 4 orders only one of mine has shipped. My order from 2/19 shipped, but 2/17 has yet to ship. The other two orders were made on 2/23 and 2/24. Only one movie out of all the orders came up with the $0 price (Quantum of Solace). I spent a lil' over $60. I'm just hoping all of my orders will be complete.

[quote name='neoz']Well I got my order today too. But out of the 6 blu's I ordered I only got 1. But yet I was still charged the full amount. On the invoice is says no for the other 5 that I ordered. I'm going to call CS in a few to see why I was still charged the full amount.[/QUOTE]

Their website says that discs may ship from separate warehouses (similar to Hastings)... It's possible your other 5 discs are coming from somewhere else in the country (although you'd be the first instance I've heard of this from hollywood it is always possible)

Welcome to the club, I still haven't heard back from them after sending emails early yesterday morning about the same type of issue with not receiving all my order, some marked missing but being charged for the whole order.

[quote name='ackbar7']I emailed them about the cancellation issue and am waiting to hear back from them. Turns out replying to that email is the same as their customer service email, so I thought it was worth a try.
I have had a similar experience to you with gohastings orders, and I know from the 1 order from HWV I have received it came all in one envelope. Now, that was 7 Blus, so I am not really sure how my 30 movie order is going to arrive. But you shouldn't feel bad for the mail man, there are those who think the Postal Service should significantly scale back its service, or even close. 15 items from gohastings arriving separately helps him keep his job.[/QUOTE]

My "cancelled" order just shipped, so I think you can safely ignore that account status.

Hey everybody looks like they added some new movies again. Tropic Thunder, the new Indiana Jones, Incredible Hulk, Wanted, Chronicles of Narnia etc etc

Grabbed Shoot 'Em Up (finally) and Die Hard. Thx.

P.S. I find this kind of stuff fascinating, but -- my first order on 2/17 was #20789. Second order on 2/23 was #21815. Third order on 2/25 is 23184. So in 6 days they cleared 1,026 orders and then in two days they cleared 1,369 orders. And yet, all this SlickDeals and DealNews business, and all the slowness, and still it's only 1,400 orders.

This website is just plain terrible...Before when people were complaining I didn't see the big deal but for whatever reason to go from my shopping cart back out to the available titles is now a 5 minute process...so all my movies ended up going OOS...so pissed.

[quote name='seanw']My "cancelled" order just shipped, so I think you can safely ignore that account status.[/QUOTE]

Well, this is good to hear. Unfortunately, it seems like the best you're going to get with this site is "wait and see". I just now got a reply from Hollywood's main customer support email from back when my original 2/16 orders still hadn't shipped. I emailed them to inform them that the "proper" email address that they gave me had not responded to my email in the 48+ hours since I had sent it. The response I got was truly inane.

This is the message I sent:
I emailed the address you provided me with ([email protected]) and have yet to receive a response. Meanwhile, I have a bill on my credit card for an order that hasn't been shipped. I do not understand the reasoning behind fully processing the charge before the order is ready. Most other businesses do not charge your card until the order has shipped.

At this rate, I'll have to pay off the charge without ever having received anything. I am not happy about this, and would be more inclined to dispute the charge with my credit card company, truthfully saying that I never received the order. This issue needs to be resolved ASAP.
This is the response I received:
Thank you for contacting us in regards to our new website.

For all order inquiries or site issues, please contact us at: [email protected] for assistance. Please make sure your SPAM blocker is not blocking emails from our websales.

We appreciate your membership and if there is anything else we can do for you, please do not hesitate to email us at [email protected]. We look forward to serving you again.

Sincerely,
Sheila M.
Customer Relations
Hollywood Entertainment/Movie Gallery
Nothing quite like customer service with no reading comprehension. I just pray that my order shows up without missing items like some of you have gotten. I'd be amazed if you're ever able to get an answer out of somebody who actually knows anything. You'll probably just have to hope that everything eventually shows up. I love these deals, but the execution is severely lacking.

Ordered:
Hancock (Blu)
Baby Mama (Blu)
Mummy: Tomb Of The Dragon Emperor (Blu)

I only got charged for Baby Mama so god knows if I'll get the other two or if I'll get the infamous "not in stock" e-mail. Or if my order will ever ship period.

[quote name='bornrunnin31']Inventory updated, plenty of movies back in stock. Go CAGs GO![/QUOTE]
You may want to be aware of the issues starting to arise of orders coming with items marked missing on the invoice yet people are fully charged for the ordered items and no communication about what is going on with the 'missing' items. It has happened to myself and now a few other cags and is starting to pop up on other websites also of this occurring.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Well, this is good to hear. Unfortunately, it seems like the best you're going to get with this site is "wait and see". I just now got a reply from Hollywood's main customer support email from back when my original 2/16 orders still hadn't shipped. I emailed them to inform them that the "proper" email address that they gave me had not responded to my email in the 48+ hours since I had sent it. The response I got was truly inane.

This is the message I sent:
This is the response I received:
Nothing quite like customer service with no reading comprehension. I just pray that my order shows up without missing items like some of you have gotten. I'd be amazed if you're ever able to get an answer out of somebody who actually knows anything. You'll probably just have to hope that everything eventually shows up. I love these deals, but the execution is severely lacking.[/QUOTE]
At least you got some type of response, I've sent four emails and received no word back on why I have finalized charges and shipping emails for orders that have titles marked 'missing' on the invoice with no other info provided on if or when I'll get the titles or a refund for the charges at all.

bread's done
Back