Hollywood Video Used Blu-Rays Online @ 6.99 + 25% code per item

NeuronalState

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
BUYERS BEWARE!!!

Just got my order and notice 2 issues... First I got an extra movie on the package. I noticed National Treasures was in the package with I love you man and Forgetting Sarah Marshall. I said to my girlfriend, this isnt right. I then checked the invoice in the package and it was on there. Well I confirmed that the original order did NOT have 3 movies on it, just the 2(Checked my order confirmation email). The other thing I noticed is I got charged 6.99 PER movie. Not correct either. I checked the total in the email - Have price AFTER 25% coupon. This should be fun. I placed 4 seperate orders.

Anyone else have a billing issue? They have no contact phone number either so I got to play email tag with them. NICE!

You did not get charged 6.99 per movie. Check you card statement, it should show that you paid whatever it said on the original invoice. At least that is what happened to me. I am still waiting to be credited for not receiving a movie though. On my invoice it was hand written "Item will be refunded" so at least it says that.

[quote name='Demolition Man']After all of 15 seconds of searching on Google I found Hollywood Video's customer service phone number is......

1-877-325-8687

Open 8am - 5pm PST, everyday.

http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-hollywood-video's-customer-service-number[/QUOTE]
And you can go ahead and call it and get absolutely no where like the rest of us, because they'll tell you they aren't affiliated with the 3rd party that handles online sales.

My first order, last week, was Coraline and Duplicity. This order arrived today.

Coraline came in its Blu case and had the Blu-Ray & DVD with fingerprints but no scratches. No digital copy, no 3D glasses.

Duplicity came in its Blu case ... well, rather, Duplicity's Blu case arrived. But there was no disc inside.

I called customer service, who sent an e-mail to the third-party vendor on my behalf, suggesting I wait at least a couple of days to be contacted. I was given a reference number.

[quote name='blissskr']And you can go ahead and call it and get absolutely no where like the rest of us, because they'll tell you they aren't affiliated with the 3rd party that handles online sales.[/QUOTE]

Which is complete bullshit if you ask me. Last time I checked the product is sold on HollywoodVideo.com, the e-mails I get are from Hollywood Video, the charges on my card come from Hollywood Video... well you get my point, right? So to me Hollywood Video should step up and take care of their customers instead of pointing fingers to someone else who won't do jack shit for any of us.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Which is complete bullshit if you ask me. Last time I checked the product is sold on HollywoodVideo.com, the e-mails I get are from Hollywood Video, the charges on my card come from Hollywood Video... well you get my point, right? So to me Hollywood Video should step up and take care of their customers instead of pointing fingers to someone else who won't do jack shit for any of us.[/QUOTE]
Oh I agree 100% even the number my credit card company gave me for the corresponding charge was the Hwv customer service number.

You guys do know that HWV is on the verge of going out of business right? That would explain why they are not focusing personnel on customer service and basic 'fire' sale on the previously viewed Blu-rays.

[quote name='HunteR7411']You guys do know that HWV is on the verge of going out of business right? That would explain why they are not focusing personnel on customer service and basic 'fire' sale on the previously viewed Blu-rays.[/QUOTE]

That is no excuse for piss poor customer service.

I have one order on the way (left Oregon on wed) and placed another order a few days ago with confirmation email. They charged my card today for the 2nd order but it hasn't shipped yet. Anyway my question is to those who are missing disks and were charged for them how long will you wait before asking your credit cards for a charge back? I hope my orders are complete but was wondering in case. Also I have never had to do a chargeback in all my years of buying stuff over the internets (lucky I guess). Is it as simple as contacting Visa and saying you "never got the items so gimme my money back" or is it more complicated? Thanks in advance.

For me I am totally confused, I checked my bank account and they processed the payment for the chocolate blu which I ordered on the 23th. I got no conformation email for it and on my account it still says processing but it has no shipping address or billing address on the invoice.
My next two orders supposedly got cancelled since they were 0.00 orders. One was placed on the 23th and the other on the 24th. On my account though they still show as processing so who knows what will happen there.
On the 25th I ordered wall-e and blood the last vampire for 0.00. When they sent me the cancelation email for blood it seemed to trigger wall-e and blood to say cancel on my order page even though the payment for wall-e is on my pending payments on my account and should process on the 28th
Bascally its a hogpodge of what movies I will get and what I won't and because of that I am way confused about that website

I have also tried to send them emails regarding the status of the chocolate order but of course no one ever responses
so who knows what will happen but any insight would be greatly appreciated

At this point I've been charged for all four orders I put in, and they have all shipped except my first order from 2/17. It's frustrating that every time they update the inventory I'm no where near a computer.. :(

Still have received no word on my missing items from the emails I sent. After calling regular customer service and being forceful with them lol, they made some calls and said some woman would contact me about the missing blu's so now its another waiting game to see if this will happen.

[quote name='SLeeK719']damn, missed this update..what movies did they put out?[/QUOTE]

Picked up 6 aboot an hour and a half ago.

Dark Knight
28 Weeks Later
AVP (the first one)
Land of the Lost
Knowing
Live Free or Die Hard

Total with 25% off code:
$34.39

Thanks to the person who posted this thread!

Finally got an email back regarding the detailed ones I sent describing my issue and what blu's were missing exactly spelled out fully by name.
And this is the email I received back, you've got to be kidding me at this point lol.

Hi, What items were missing from the order?
Sincerely,
Jordan
Hollywood Web Sales

[quote name='seanw']My first order, last week, was Coraline and Duplicity. This order arrived today.

Coraline came in its Blu case and had the Blu-Ray & DVD with fingerprints but no scratches. No digital copy, no 3D glasses.

Duplicity came in its Blu case ... well, rather, Duplicity's Blu case arrived. But there was no disc inside.

I called customer service, who sent an e-mail to the third-party vendor on my behalf, suggesting I wait at least a couple of days to be contacted. I was given a reference number.[/QUOTE]

Got my reply -- they can't find another copy of Duplicity, so they're refunding it.

[quote name='bob330i']boy, the site is sloooow again.[/QUOTE]
What do you expect? This is a steal of a deal and they keep putting titles up so people keep refreshing. Best deals on Blu Rays EVER! lol

They dont seem to respond fast to missing discs and pieces on orders but I received this email 2 hours after I placed a new order today:

Dear JXXXXXXXXXX

We experienced a problem earlier today that caused some of our products to be incorrectly priced. Unfortuantely you order was effected and we regret to inform you that we had to cancel part of your order due to this price mistake. The following titles were canceled:

Ratatouille [Blu-ray]

If you ordered any additional items, the rest of your order will ship out shortly. We deeply apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused.

Sincerely,
Hollywood Video Web Sales

Well got my first order of 3 blus placed on 2/19/10. All three were sealed in shrink wrap but I think 2 of them were rewraps. Both had fingerprints on the disks, a scuff or two and no inserts(tho I'm not sure they should have inserts). The Patriot is new cause it's shrink wrapped, has a hollywood video price sticker on it and has the security seal tape on the top of the case still. So far I'm pleased and hope my 2nd order of 6 discs is just as good. All of these movies are single disc sets so can't comment on extras.

[quote name='Hollywood Video E-Mail']Dear Demolition Man

We experienced a problem earlier today that caused some of our products to be incorrectly priced. Unfortuantely you order was effected and we regret to inform you that we had to cancel part of your order due to this price mistake. The following titles were canceled:

Hancock (Unrated Special Edition) [Blu-ray] The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor (Deluxe Edition) [Blu-ray]

If you ordered any additional items, the rest of your order will ship out shortly. We deeply apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused.

Sincerely,
Hollywood Video Web Sales[/quote]

:rofl:

"Earlier today." The order was made yesterday. Talk about something that reads like a freaking automated e-mail. Which you'd think they would have proof read it before putting into use. I wonder what my odds of these two now "canceled" items will still be sent out?

On that note according to their wonderful website my second order placed on 2/24 has "shipped." I have yet to get any e-mail from them with a tracking number or anything. Has this been happening to others?

I received another email back stating
Hi, Sorry to hear about this issue. There was no replacements to be found for the 3 missing items, So we have issued a refund for those 3 missing items. Thank you!

Nothing appearing on my online view statement yet but it usually takes a few days so I'll update status later if they actually do this.

[quote name='Demolition Man']:rofl:

"Earlier today." The order was made yesterday. Talk about something that reads like a freaking automated e-mail. Which you'd think they would have proof read it before putting into use. I wonder what my odds of these two now "canceled" items will still be sent out?

On that note according to their wonderful website my second order placed on 2/24 has "shipped." I have yet to get any e-mail from them with a tracking number or anything. Has this been happening to others?[/QUOTE]

I've gotten "shipped" emails for 2 of my orders from the past few days. Both include valid tracking numbers.

[quote name='bornrunnin31']I've gotten "shipped" emails for 2 of my orders from the past few days. Both include valid tracking numbers.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I got one for my first order on 2/17 on 2/19. So honestly this isn't too far off from their usual. It just seems funny since I had the e-mail before the website updated on my first order.

[quote name='blissskr']I received another email back stating
Hi, Sorry to hear about this issue. There was no replacements to be found for the 3 missing items, So we have issued a refund for those 3 missing items. Thank you!

Nothing appearing on my online view statement yet but it usually takes a few days so I'll update status later if they actually do this.[/QUOTE]
It's comforting to know they at least respond to the emails and not ignore the problems.

Nothing appearing on my online view statement yet but it usually takes a few days so I'll update status later if they actually do this.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my only problem with this is WTF would they have done had you not emailed them about it? What kind of stupid ass business just marks an invoice with "missing" but doesn't refund the charges immediately? Were they hoping that you wouldn't realize those were items you paid for? HWV would have probably been better off approaching a power seller on eBay and asking if he wanted to sell under their name. Would have been more organized, haha.

At least you're getting emails back. I've sent three in so far without a response. What email address are you sending them to?

i sent an email to them and i didn't receive a response for a few days. i got a disc that wouldn't play, but eventually i got a very haphazardly formatted email that said they were shipping a replacement.

Got my Blade Runner set today and it came with all five discs. The only negative was that they put the discs in two blu ray cases and squeezed the artwork in to one, which sorta warped it.

Edit: Ugh, just realized that someone took some scissors and cut the artwork to make it fit better.

Last edited by a moderator:
so far my first order, placed Wednesday has already arrived, and my second order from Thursday has shipped too. Nothing missing so far either, thank you CAG.

Just got the first of my original two orders from 2/16. As expected, of the 5 items I ordered, only 2 were in the envelope. The packing invoice of course gives no indication why the other 3 items weren't included. It doesn't even have "missing" on it anywhere. This kind of shit is completely ripe for a chargeback. From the invoice that came in my package:

"Number of items: 5". It then goes into detail listing the weight of each item...including the ones not in the freaking envelope. Below that "For Customer Service Inquiries on your order, please contact us at: www.hollywoodvideo.com" Except as many of us have proven, when you use the contact form on the website, they tell you they have nothing to do with online sales. I'd love to see what my bank would have to say about that.

Obviously, I'm not going to fly off the handle and demand my money back right away, but it would be nice to know if they have any intention at all of shipping the other items or if they are in fact coming from a different warehouse. All I know is that the invoice I hold in my hand makes it appear as though my complete order should have been inside this envelope.

And if I were a "normal customer" who didn't read forums with everyone elses ordering experiences, I would have no clue what was going on, and would think I got ripped off. I still wonder what piece of shit, dirtbag "business" Hollywood outsourced their used sales to. Even though I know better, I'm going to contact them as my invoice instructs me to, and then ask for a phone number and a manager when they tell me it's not their problem. Somebody has to give a damn that this company is making them look bad.

EDIT - Hmm...interestingly enough, it does appear that they've fixed their website to specifically direct you to contact the [email protected] address for online sales and returns now. It also states that you'll receive a response within one business day. Now to just hope they actually read my email.

Last edited by a moderator:
You won't be getting the items not in your package that you ordered I'm almost certain. When you finally get through to someone through email they'll tell you 'no replacements can be found' and promise a refund. I'm going to give it until about weds to receive my refund if there's no sign of it I'll be filing a charge back because being that this is a liquidation sale I don't trust the people running it to follow through but we'll see.

[quote name='blissskr']You won't be getting the items not in your package that you ordered I'm almost certain. When you finally get through to someone through email they'll tell you 'no replacements can be found' and promise a refund. I'm going to give it until about weds to receive my refund if there's no sign of it I'll be filing a charge back because being that this is a liquidation sale I don't trust the people running it to follow through but we'll see.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's kinda what I figured. I just really want somebody to explain to me what kind of business ships out an order that is not complete with an invoice saying that it is. I realize HWV is going out of business, but this is borderline criminal activity. I'd almost be tempted to call the Vancouver, WA police department, and report the address on the invoice for fraud.

Anybody who ever complains about GoHastings again can just read this thread and suck my balls, lol. THIS is a scammy business.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yeah, that's kinda what I figured. I just really want somebody to explain to me what kind of business ships out an order that is not complete with an invoice saying that it is. I realize HWV is going out of business, but this is borderline criminal activity. I'd almost be tempted to call the Vancouver, WA police department, and report the address on the invoice for fraud.

Anybody who ever complains about GoHastings again can just read this thread and suck my balls, lol. THIS is a scammy business.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more. It's quite fraudulent to charge someone for a product(s) they have no intention or capability of providing us. I guess I'm thrilled that I got 4 of the 6 items I ordered after reading some of the other comments about ordering 6 discs and only receiving 1, etc.

However, a class-action lawsuit (as well as contacting the BBB, and other consumer rights advocates) is something we should all pursue if they fail to refund our money back.

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']However, a class-action lawsuit (as well as contacting the BBB, and other consumer rights advocates) is something we should all pursue if they fail to refund our money back.[/QUOTE]

Ehh...I don't think that will be neccessary. A class-action lawsuit is still going to cost money, and even if you placed a couple hundred dollars worth of orders, it probably wouldn't be worth the time, money, and effort. Plus, I think we all have enough evidence to obtain a chargeback anyway. But what stands out to me is the amount of chargebacks that they're going to have placed against them if they continue these practices.

Against my better judgment, even though my first two orders from 2/16 had just shipped, I placed two more orders when they added all those new titles on 2/23. So, I've got four orders that I may end up needing to file chargebacks on. I'm a little worried what my bank will think of that, but that's why I would strongly consider contacting the local authorities in Vancouver if it becomes neccessary.

There's just no way it should be acceptable to process charges for items that they don't have available to send you. It's amazing that when an item showed up for $0.00 on your order they were able to cancel it and process the rest of your order, but they can't figure out how to do that if an item is not in stock. Everything about this just reeks of piss poor business practices. You could find better customer service and a greater understanding of ethics at a local yard sale.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Ehh...I don't think that will be neccessary. A class-action lawsuit is still going to cost money, and even if you placed a couple hundred dollars worth of orders, it probably wouldn't be worth the time, money, and effort. Plus, I think we all have enough evidence to obtain a chargeback anyway. But what stands out to me is the amount of chargebacks that they're going to have placed against them if they continue these practices.

Against my better judgment, even though my first two orders from 2/16 had just shipped, I placed two more orders when they added all those new titles on 2/23. So, I've got four orders that I may end up needing to file chargebacks on. I'm a little worried what my bank will think of that, but that's why I would strongly consider contacting the local authorities in Vancouver if it becomes neccessary.

There's just no way it should be acceptable to process charges for items that they don't have available to send you. It's amazing that when an item showed up for $0.00 on your order they were able to cancel it and process the rest of your order, but they can't figure out how to do that if an item is not in stock. Everything about this just reeks of piss poor business practices. You could find better customer service and a greater understanding of ethics at a local yard sale.[/QUOTE]

Yeah if push comes to shove I'm just going to file chargebacks it seems like the liquidators aren't very organized in what there doing. I also placed more orders after my first before it arrived and am still waiting on two large orders and one smaller one to arrive. I'm a bit disappointed now that I got caught up in the frenzy of the deal before waiting for my first order to arrive and really hope my other orders are complete (but don't expect this). Frankly after speaking with my bank already they didn't seem to care about me filing multiple charge backs if I can't reach any resolution with Hwv or whoever I'm dealing with. I personally won't be ordering anymore but it seems like alot of people still are and although I hope they don't have the same issues, I'll bet they'll be none too happy when only half their order arrives with no explanation why the other half is mia.

[quote name='blissskr']Yeah if push comes to shove I'm just going to file chargebacks it seems like the liquidators aren't very organized in what there doing. I also placed more orders after my first before it arrived and am still waiting on two large orders and one smaller one to arrive. I'm a bit disappointed now that I got caught up in the frenzy of the deal before waiting for my first order to arrive and really hope my other orders are complete (but don't expect this). Frankly after speaking with my bank already they didn't seem to care about me filing multiple charge backs if I can't reach any resolution with Hwv or whoever I'm dealing with. I personally won't be ordering anymore but it seems like alot of people still are and although I hope they don't have the same issues, I'll bet they'll be none too happy when only half their order arrives with no explanation why the other half is mia.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's basically what happened to me. The deals were so good, and it's not like this was an unknown vendor...which is a point I'll raise with my bank if they question why I placed additional orders a week later. Who would have thought that ordering from hollywoodvideo.com would be unreliable and potentially fraudulent? I definitely won't be ordering anything else though.

I think the fact that it took so long for anybody to begin receiving orders only added to the problem though. I mean, I just received my first order placed on 2/16 YESTERDAY. Think of all the orders that have been placed since then...especially once Slick Deals got ahold of it. Once the shit hits the fan, I wouldn't be surprised if HWV's online sales division gets shut down completely. They're going to have a lot of angry customers to deal with and a lot of refunds to issue. And not that it's much of a threat considering their overall fiscal health, but I would like to inform the actual HollywoodVideo customer support staff that because of this experience, I won't be stepping foot in one of their stores ever again (and by "ever", I'm referring to the likely 2-3 months they'll remain in business, haha)

bread's done
Back