Hollywood Video Used Blu-Rays Online @ 6.99 + 25% code per item

NeuronalState

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Got an order of 34 in today, they were all there and in blu ray cases. Only complaint is that Die Hard's cover art is not original it is scanned and that there was a Die Hard disc in my "Pursuit of Happyness" case...so I need to get in contact with them about that. What was the best way to contact them? E-mail? Or did somebody find a good phonenumber to use?

Got my order today hollywood was 7 for 7 with my order. Like some mentioned earlier mine didn't have any digital copies inside, that is fine though since they are so cheap. I also noticed to that it doesn't seem like the original case anymore. Mine are the ones that have the side that snaps in. Considering that only one of my blu-rays that I currently own had this I think they bought new ones. Still the cases are very nice.

Yeah they are shipping most of them in those "Vortex" cases...if you want the slightly wider/less tall/no snap in cases I believe they are called "Viva Elites" and obviously can be purchased off ebay pretty cheap.

[quote name='seanw']Uncommon titles in stock right now: Tyson, Obsesses, The House Bunny, Crank, The Spirit, Revolutionary Road, Talladega Nights, Vantage Point, 21, Jumper, Sky Crawlers, 27 Dresses, BH Chihuahua, Seven Pounds, Transporter 3, Cadillac Records, Sex Drive, Lakeview Terrace, Body of Lies, Appaloosa, Righteous Kill, Mr. Brooks, Hairspray, Alvin+Chipmunks, Gone Baby Gone, Across the Universe, Click, Shoot 'Em Up, Happy Feet, Brothers Grimm, King Arthur, Alien v. Predator, assorted Saw movies.[/QUOTE]

Actually most of those are pretty common titles.

Got my final order of blu's 19/19 so I'm glad this worked out in the end and I got a bunch of cheap blu's after a rocky start.

i actually like the extra snap on the cases...makes if feel more secure for some reason.

mine didn't have the dvd/digital, but for $5...its ok.

gonna see if i can get in on anymore. at $5...it's a deal!

[quote name='blissskr']Got my final order of blu's 19/19 so I'm glad this worked out in the end and I got a bunch of cheap blu's after a rocky start.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have no idea what led to an almost total turnaround with people even receiving their complete orders. My first orders went 2/5 and 7/9. But then hearing people get 30/30 and whatnot, and my 3rd order being 11/11, it seems like their inventory system got a kick in the pants, lol. Maybe some of those complaints to Hollywood actually did make a difference.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yeah, I have no idea what led to an almost total turnaround with people even receiving their complete orders. My first orders went 2/5 and 7/9. But then hearing people get 30/30 and whatnot, and my 3rd order being 11/11, it seems like their inventory system got a kick in the pants, lol. Maybe some of those complaints to Hollywood actually did make a difference.[/QUOTE]
They stopped shipping movie that they charged $0 for. These were movies that were paid for by other people, but then shipped to people who should not have received it. I can't guarantee that is the difference, but I would bet that it was.

i'm glad they put up more cheap movies....i must have missed some again...however 5 dollars and some change for revolutionary road is more than worth it....great film!

[quote name='ackbar7']They stopped shipping movie that they charged $0 for. These were movies that were paid for by other people, but then shipped to people who should not have received it. I can't guarantee that is the difference, but I would bet that it was.[/QUOTE]

Even if that is the case it seems really unprofessional on their part to not communicate anything to their customer service reps which in turn effects how we the customer perceives how their business runs. Yes in the end everything worked out but just the lack of communication alone shows how badly run Hollywood Video is.

Received my complete order today. One case has a broken prong that holds the blueray but overall very satisfied.

received my full order today, very happy with it, with a little exception.

Bolt came as only the blu-ray, no DVD or digital copy. I understand it was cheap, but just wish they would have mentioned it didn't include the other discs. Is it worth it to complain to them about this?

X-Men Origins Wolverine, Taken, and The Wrestler, were all "rental exclusives" whatever that means?

[quote name='MrDubbs']Bolt came as only the blu-ray, no DVD or digital copy. I understand it was cheap, but just wish they would have mentioned it didn't include the other discs. Is it worth it to complain to them about this?[/quote]

More than likely the website uses the stock description that is attached to the film. I'm assuming they have no way of mentioning on the site that said Blu-Ray does not include the DVD and/or digital copy.

X-Men Origins Wolverine, Taken, and The Wrestler, were all "rental exclusives" whatever that means?

Movie only editions. Especially given that Wolverine and Wrestler has been selling for not much more for the regular edition I would have passed on those.

Had I known that they were rental exclusives I probably would have passed, I might send off an email and see if that gets me anywhere

[quote name='Slashdot']Whoever was successful contacting customer service, can you please post the email? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

[email protected]

that's the supposed email we're supposed to use. To my knowledge there isn't another one.

Just sent off an email to them.

I think even if you complain about missing digital copies it will fall on deaf ears. All I have gotten from them were automated responses. I would be happy you got the disc and a case for $5. Thats the best deal you will see on Blu rays in a very long time!

I got my order or 6 blus today. none had digital copies (big deal) but i was pissed because my copy of death race had magic marker written on the disc. (second time I have gotten a disc from them with magic marker on it). Dont get me wrong, yes 5 dollars is a good deal, but I dont think I will be ordering from them again. I was just happy to get the movies, but I think as time goes on its going to become more and more difficult to get any decent service/ product out of the company.

[quote name='titanzguard']I think even if you complain about missing digital copies it will fall on deaf ears. All I have gotten from them were automated responses. I would be happy you got the disc and a case for $5. Thats the best deal you will see on Blu rays in a very long time![/QUOTE]

I could care less about the digital copy, but when you advertise that it comes with a DVD then I care regardless of the price. It's false advertising to put it up, that it's three discs

[quote name='mediviper']I got my order or 6 blus today. none had digital copies (big deal) but i was pissed because my copy of death race had magic marker written on the disc. (second time I have gotten a disc from them with magic marker on it). Dont get me wrong, yes 5 dollars is a good deal, but I dont think I will be ordering from them again. I was just happy to get the movies, but I think as time goes on its going to become more and more difficult to get any decent service/ product out of the company.[/QUOTE]
I don't see how you can complain about the writing, it's used. Maybe if it were being advertised as new, but you don't really have a leg to stand on.

Looks like they have a small restock. It includes Juno, Kingdom of Heaven, Traitor, Mamma Mia, Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian, Baby Mama, and Aliens vs Predator Requiem.

[quote name='foster1887']Looks like they have a small restock. It includes Juno, Kingdom of Heaven, Traitor, Mamma Mia, Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian, Baby Mama, and Aliens vs Predator Requiem.[/QUOTE]

Thanks

Picked up the first AVP yesterday.. Second one today along with Baby Mama

[quote name='seanhassars']I don't see how you can complain about the writing, it's used. Maybe if it were being advertised as new, but you don't really have a leg to stand on.[/QUOTE]

Just because something is sold used doesnt mean it has to be in shit shape. I didnt say I was going to call hollywood video and bitch, I simply said I wasnt going to order from them again. Sorry for sharing my experience dealing with a retailer. (For a second there I thought that this thread had 17 pages of people doing just that.)

Got my 3 disc order from last Friday, and everything is in great shape save for a # written in Sharpie on my Simpsons Movie disc

My last order was from 2/23. Haven't received it yet. Has anyone NOT gotten their order since 2/23? Thanks.

UPDATE: 'Drag Me to Hell', 'Superman Returns'...a few new titles up as of today.

[quote name='Slashdot']My last order was from 2/23. Haven't received it yet. Has anyone NOT gotten their order since 2/23? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I've received orders from 2/19, 2/23, and 2/24, but I'm still waiting for my first order from 2/17.

[quote name='tardoman']I've received orders from 2/19, 2/23, and 2/24, but I'm still waiting for my first order from 2/17.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Makes me feel a lot better about NOT getting screwed. I find their processing times very inconsistent. My first order came within 2 days. 2nd one hasn't come yet. I don't even want to think about my 3rd and 4th orders.

So how bout i just placed an order and i checked out the invoice. Its from an order placed tomorrow (march 5th) from a guy across the country this is the most fucked up thing ive ever seen. It has all his info on it.I'm hoping my info didn't get thrown to god knows where.

[quote name='ackbar7']They have had a pretty big restock, but good luck trying to checkout.[/QUOTE]

For real, this is just plain ridiculous. I don't understand how my shopping cart always gets completely depleted, I mean does this website actually work for some people?

[quote name='SLeeK719']For real, this is just plain ridiculous. I don't understand how my shopping cart always gets completely depleted, I mean does this website actually work for some people?[/QUOTE]

I managed to squeeze 2 orders in today. I don't even bother creating an account. Just go straight to Guest Checkout. I don't ever use IE for anything, but I notice it handles their website better than Firefox. Maybe it's just me.

[quote name='MrDubbs']I could care less about the digital copy, but when you advertise that it comes with a DVD then I care regardless of the price. It's false advertising to put it up, that it's three discs[/QUOTE]
It's really not false advertising. Anyone with common sense would know that the chances of getting those digital copies are slim to none. If you're this angry about it than being happy of getting a BD for $5, feel free to return it and buy the movie for $30 if you need the discs that badly. I just do not understand these complaints.

As I've said, the digital copies I could care less about. However advertising something that comes with 3 discs, and you end up with one is false.

I don't care how much I paid for something, used or new. If you are going to sell me a product that list it comes with X, then it better come with X. If they know that they aren't going to include digital copies/DVDs, then they need to say that.

Actually the listing they have is for the new movies. They don't have two different sets of information for the used and the new. I mean I know the website is cheapassgamer but come on man there has to be a limit. If you look at your invoice it doesn't list 2 disc or 3 disc. Just be logical and use common sense. When you go rent a movie at blockbuster or hollywood video you don't get the dvd and bluray when you rent a bluray copy. And since you are buying the USED bluray copy why would you expect it to have 3 disc's or 2 disc's. Were all obviously here because we want to find things at cheap prices but use some logic.

If you are not happy with the service they provided then just return the movies, it's simple as that.

Put in a new order for 11 movies. To bad I lost two movies on checkout.

Personally I am really happy with the service they have provided. The only think I didn't like was the rental version's but I read online that this is something that 20th century is doing... so from now on I wont order the 20th century movies from the website.

[quote name='Hrtbrkid2']Actually the listing they have is for the new movies. They don't have two different sets of information for the used and the new. I mean I know the website is cheapassgamer but come on man there has to be a limit. If you look at your invoice it doesn't list 2 disc or 3 disc. Just be logical and use common sense. When you go rent a movie at blockbuster or hollywood video you don't get the dvd and bluray when you rent a bluray copy. And since you are buying the USED bluray copy why would you expect it to have 3 disc's or 2 disc's. Were all obviously here because we want to find things at cheap prices but use some logic.

If you are not happy with the service they provided then just return the movies, it's simple as that.

Put in a new order for 11 movies. To bad I lost two movies on checkout.

Personally I am really happy with the service they have provided. The only think I didn't like was the rental version's but I read online that this is something that 20th century is doing... so from now on I wont order the 20th century movies from the website.[/QUOTE]

My invoice clearly states Bolt (Three-Disc Edition W/Standard DVD plus Digital Copy+BD Live). I also just noticed that it says Race To Witch Mountain (Blu Ray/DVD Combo plus Digital Copy).

What I ordered regardless of being used is that, and that I didn't received. No matter how you slice it.

It also list the oz's of the items as being more then the ones that single discs.

So please explain to me why I shouldn't be expecting at least the blu-ray and dvd, regardless of it being used and regardless of the price

Also had Iron Man, Ratatouille and Blade Runner in my cart but it took forever to check out and by the time I finally did, they were gone.

[quote name='MrDubbs']My invoice clearly states Bolt (Three-Disc Edition W/Standard DVD plus Digital Copy+BD Live). I also just noticed that it says Race To Witch Mountain (Blu Ray/DVD Combo plus Digital Copy).

What I ordered regardless of being used is that, and that I didn't received. No matter how you slice it.

It also list the oz's of the items as being more then the ones that single discs.

So please explain to me why I shouldn't be expecting at least the blu-ray and dvd, regardless of it being used and regardless of the price[/QUOTE]

You know what? IF you are going to complain about 5 dollar blurays then you are more than welcome to pay 20 to 25 for them brand new so you can get your digital copy and dvd.

Here's another idea for you also. If you are unhappy then don't shop with them again. I for one will continue as this is a splendid deal regardless whether they come with the dvd and digital copy or not.

There is typically a reason something is cheap. If you buy something really cheap and you don't expect that there MAY be an issue with it then I have a bridge to sell you.

does anyone have the link to the portal, i have been trying to check out for the last hour and i keep getting errors

[quote name='dmdragon']You know what? IF you are going to complain about 5 dollar blurays then you are more than welcome to pay 20 to 25 for them brand new so you can get your digital copy and dvd.

Here's another idea for you also. If you are unhappy then don't shop with them again. I for one will continue as this is a splendid deal regardless whether they come with the dvd and digital copy or not.

There is typically a reason something is cheap. If you buy something really cheap and you don't expect that there MAY be an issue with it then I have a bridge to sell you.[/QUOTE]

Let me put it this way, say I sell you a used game that I say contains 2 discs for an unbeatable price. I send it to you, and it only contains one disc.

Are you telling me you wouldn't be dissapointed/angry and come back at me?

If it doesnt' have a digital copy fine, I don't use them. If it didn't come in blu ray cases fine, I can buy them. If the insert is missing or they are messed up, fine.

But to mis-represent something that's being sold to me, regardless of price isn't fine with me. I understand that I spent $5 on them, it was a great deal I'm not denying that. But to not mention there's discs missing, or it's a rental exclusive is misleading. Had that been said I wouldn't have bought from them, regardless of the price. I could spend around $4 more and get the full version from Amazon.

Having said that I'm happy with the others that I received

[quote name='MrDubbs']Let me put it this way, say I sell you a used game that I say contains 2 discs for an unbeatable price. I send it to you, and it only contains one disc.

Are you telling me you wouldn't be dissapointed/angry and come back at me?

If it doesnt' have a digital copy fine, I don't use them. If it didn't come in blu ray cases fine, I can buy them. If the insert is missing or they are messed up, fine.

But to mis-represent something that's being sold to me, regardless of price isn't fine with me. I understand that I spent $5 on them, it was a great deal I'm not denying that. But to not mention there's discs missing, or it's a rental exclusive is misleading. Had that been said I wouldn't have bought from them, regardless of the price. I could spend around $4 more and get the full version from Amazon.

Having said that I'm happy with the others that I received[/QUOTE]

In a case like this when you are buying rentals I would not expect to get those. I have bought blurays from say blockbuster plenty of times and those come in crappy BB cases and they never come with the dvd's. Getting the dvd or digital copy is an exception to the rule with used copies like this. We're lucky they even have the bluray cases and not some crappy hollywood video previewed dvd case.

bread's done
Back