Hollywood Video Used Blu-Rays Online @ 6.99 + 25% code per item

NeuronalState

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I finally got my order from a few weeks ago today. All 4 came in blu ray cases with cover art and one (Coraline) came with the bonus disc. All the discs look brand new and I'm quite satisfied.

I ordered on the 26th of last month. I got all of my stuff today and I am 20 for 20. Everything had the bonus discs with the exception of Wolverine(which is okay). Very happy with the sale and looking forward to another go round. Was very happy with Blade Runner (5 Disc Collectors Edition for 5.00). Don't be afraid, it took them a while to update my shipping but it was worth it.

has anyone had any luck receiving a movie without a confirmation email? Ordered a blu ray last week but still no sign of it yet. Tried to log in and unfourtanly i cant. so i tried a new account, same email, and it says that email already exists...wtf?...

Ive had a few broken cases and only recieving single discs but this is more than I expected out of cheap used Blu's from HWV.

[quote name='dramasetter929']has anyone had any luck receiving a movie without a confirmation email? Ordered a blu ray last week but still no sign of it yet. Tried to log in and unfourtanly i cant. so i tried a new account, same email, and it says that email already exists...wtf?...[/QUOTE]

Ive recieved a few without shipping confirmations. Im sure youll get yours

[quote name='dramasetter929']has anyone had any luck receiving a movie without a confirmation email? Ordered a blu ray last week but still no sign of it yet. Tried to log in and unfourtanly i cant. so i tried a new account, same email, and it says that email already exists...wtf?...[/QUOTE]
I've made 6 different orders so far, I only got an order confirmation on 2 of them, but I got shipping confirmations on all of them, so don't worry.

I finally got my tracking number from an order I placed last Saturday. It hasn't even been shipped out yet, it just says the the post office received the "electronic shipping information".

So far I am 8 of 8 on Hollywood video discs. All came in Blu cases. Taken was a "rental exclusive" copy, Crank 2 has no digital copy (expected that), and Benjamin Button came with the 2nd disc (which was very important to me as it has a lot of great extra features. This sale has been awesome. I have one more movie arriving, Iron Man, and hopefully that will be in good shape.

[quote name='mickeyu422']I finally got my tracking number from an order I placed last Saturday. It hasn't even been shipped out yet, it just says the the post office received the "electronic shipping information".[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't freak out yet. I got shipping confirmations from two orders on the same day. One of them tracked all they way to when it arrived and the other never updated, but it got here a day after the other package. It'll come.

Didn't know where else to post this so I'm doing it here since it's about HWV.

My HWV is going out of business and all their BRs are $5.98 each. Location Venice Blvd & Washington intersection in Culver City. 9 days left until they close.

I picked up the following:
Yes Man
Fool's Gold (last one)
Mamma Mia!
Swing Vote (last one)
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 (last one)
Traitor
Made of Honor
The Reaping
National Treasure 2 (last one)
Semi-Pro (last one)
Burn After Reading (last one)
The Brothers Grimm (last one)
What Happens in Vegas (last one)
Get Smart
Seven Pounds (last one)

From the top of my head here the rest I saw:
The International
Good Luck Chuck
You Don't Mess with the Zohan
The Flight Plan
Rambo
Rambo III
Saw III
Saw IV
Last Chance Harvey
Obsessed
Mall Cop
My Best Friend's Girl
Primeval
Revolutionary Road
No Reservations
Bride Wars
Hairspray
Heroes (season?)
True Blood (season?)
The Punisher
Vantage Point
Behind Enemy Lines
The Haunting in Connecticut
State of Play
Sunshine Cleaning
Waltz with Bashir
Prom Night
The Other Boleyn Girl
Labor Pains
What Doesn't Kill You
Before the Devil Knows you're Dead
Push
We Are Marshall
Lakeview Terrace
Bridge to Terabithia
The Bucket List
The Brave One
The Spirit

Sorry, but those are the only titles I can remember at the moment. I'll add more if I remember them.

Anyway, all came in the generic HW rental box with the original insert.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got just got my e-mail confirmation today for an order I placed on March 6th. It remains to be seen whether or not I get all 6 of the blu-rays I ordered (last time I was 4 out of 6, but got a refund for the 2 discs they didn't send me).

Is anyone else still waiting for orders placed on 2/17? I still have yet to receive any sort of shipping notice for my order from 2/17. They charged my card for the order shortly after the order was placed.

[quote name='sp00ge']My order placed on 3/7 just showed up today.[/QUOTE]

Same here. All 3 looked pretty good but Brothers Grimm had photocopied cover art. They did a nice job of cutting it out and inserting into the case at least.

Got my order from the 7th today. They look great. Spirit was 1 disc instead of two (not a problem for me, just saying incase anyone wanted to know). The cases looked perfect, too! I can't even tell that they were on a shelf.

I'm curious if anyone else has recieved this e-mail:

"I apologize that your items were not the editions you were expecting. Unfortunately we do not have the components that are missing from the items. Because of this we can offer you a 30% refund if you would like to keep the items or we can send you a postage label to send the items back for a ful refund of the item price. Please let us know how you would like to proceed. Thank you and have a great day!

Sincerely,

Pamela
Hollywood Web Sales"

What's crazy is I never complained of contacted them and I just recieved this out of the blue. I figure it was a standard e-mail to everyone since they must have had some complaints but I am yet to see another person bring up this e-mail. Of course being a cheap ass I went along with it and said "well I didn't really feel like going through the hassle of returning anything so the 30% discount is sufficient"....I also recieved an e-mail saying that the 30% discount was given....I have no clue if they meant every order, or just a specific one and I have so many orders with them spread across different cards that I don't think I am going to find out anytime soon.

My orders on 3/5 and 3/6 all arrived, except for 1 coming soon. Ironman Blu Ray had a crack along the ring. Another disc had finger prints, others were all mint.

Got my second order of 14 today. All cases looked good with only one photocopied cover and it was done quite well, you would have to look hard to tell. The discs were all in good condition with some light fingerprints and scratches and some discs mint. Anything that had a bonus disc was included but no digital copies. The disney ones did not have the rewards inserts. It's actually much better than I expected and I wish they would put up some more movies I would actually want to buy. Much thanks to the OP!

I got my second order today. It included all 6 Blu-rays I ordered, so I'm 10 for 12 overall, with a refund for the other two.

[quote name='MrDubbs']Does anyone know how long a refund from them takes? Supposedly I had one put in on March 8th, and still nothing[/QUOTE]

If I recall, it took 3-5 business days for me to receive the credit.

Got what possibly is my final order today. Both Blus amazingly came in perfect condition. Bedtime Stories despite being advertised as being the complete Blu/DVD/Digital package came with only the Blu disc. No biggie to me since I have no need for the DVD and Digital copy but still worth noting.

On that note it looks like HWV is done with putting further stock of used Blus on the site. Its been pretty much the same selection the past week. The only title I missed on that I wanted to get was I Love You, Man but I can live. Despite the headache during a good chunk of this sale I'll say I'm pretty happy with my haul.

[quote name='trunks982']im missing the 2nd disc of Incredible Hulk. can anyone tell me whats on the 2nd disc?[/QUOTE]
The digital copy I believe.

Wow, has this deal jumped the shark. I think they would actually have to pay ME for taking any of that crap off their hands. I mean, a blu-ray transfer of "Disaster Movie" is the definition of a polished turd.

[quote name='trunks982']im missing the 2nd disc of Incredible Hulk. can anyone tell me whats on the 2nd disc?[/QUOTE]

Son of a bitch. I just went to go check my copy and it appears someone jacked it! Should be easy to find since mine came from BBV and didn't come in a green case. :bomb:

[quote name='sp00ge']Son of a bitch. I just went to go check my copy and it appears someone jacked it! Should be easy to find since mine came from BBV and didn't come in a green case. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

it was in stock yesterday? i ordered it about 2 weeks ago. it came in a regular blue case with a snap lock. i was hoping for a green case with slip cover and 2nd disc. i knew it would come in a regular blue case.

[quote name='Dahk']a restock sure would be nice[/QUOTE]

I swear at least "Seven Pounds" got added again today. So it looks like there will be a little trickle of more Blus to come.

Seven Pounds has floated in and out of inventory. They just announced another equally large wave of closings, so I do sort of expect a restock.

Dear Sir,

I apologize for any inconvenience. We had canceled your order and issued you a refund to your account due to your order being out of stock. We had sent you an e-mail at this time but it seems that you had not received it. Please let us know if you have any questions. Thank you and have a great day!

Sincerely,

Pamela
Hollywood Videos Web Sales

THIS WAS FROM AN ORDER PLACED 2/25/2010. 2/5 movies showed $0.00 dollars(out of stock) while the rest were $6.99. I guess if your order includes any items out of stock, you MIGHT get a cancelled order and full refund. I'm sad...

[quote name='Slashdot']THIS WAS FROM AN ORDER PLACED 2/25/2010. 2/5 movies showed $0.00 dollars(out of stock) while the rest were $6.99. I guess if your order includes any items out of stock, you MIGHT get a cancelled order and full refund. I'm sad...[/QUOTE]

This probably means my order from 2/17 is going to be canceled and refunded. :cry: It was the order I was looking forward to the most. My order didn't have any $0 movies, but it has been ONE MONTH since I placed the order without any kind of shipping indication.

Don't laugh but for the family I found the sex and the city movie the 4 disc version for 4.99
For myself the I am curious yellow criterion collection dvd for 4.99 as well before the 25% coupon

[quote name='tardoman']Is anyone else still waiting for orders placed on 2/17? I still have yet to receive any sort of shipping notice for my order from 2/17. They charged my card for the order shortly after the order was placed.[/QUOTE]

I'm still waiting on my order placed on the same date. I've contacted them twice thru email. The rep only told me my order was still in the processing phase and would be shipped soon. This was maybe a week ago and still no shipping update.

[quote name='demonology89']I'm still waiting on my order placed on the same date. I've contacted them twice thru email. The rep only told me my order was still in the processing phase and would be shipped soon. This was maybe a week ago and still no shipping update.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the generic automated reply (as in NOT Pamela) always tells you it will be shipped soon. I got that twice when emailed the regular help desk. I didn't find out my order was cancelled until I emailed that Pamela woman. I would give that a shot if I were you.

I emailed them yesterday which is the second time I've emailed them. This time the email was exactly the same as the first email except for the added sentence in bold.

Thank you for your recent order from HollywoodVideo.com! We recently received a high volume of orders due to the low prices we are offering on our website. Your order is in the process of being shipped. We will send you an email as soon as we have shipped your order. As far as it looks is the order is still being processed, a lot of customers have had the same issues and Hollywood is trying hard to get caught up and ship!

I'll be thankful to receive the order, but over a month without shipping is quite a long time to wait without any kind of real update. Especially considering all the other orders I made after that one arrived relatively quickly.

[quote name='siptang']Whoop, now the prices are up to $8.99.... i guess good things never last...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I noticed this earlier today as well. The funny thing is, it's not like they've restocked or anything. So, the same crap movies that nobody wanted at $6.99 are now $8.99. Makes me glad we all bought the good ones while they were so cheap, haha. :)

They just added a shit ton.. still only 7 a piece after the still working 25pv coupon. No worse than BBV's sale only this has a much bigger choice and comes with original cases, so still better than them IMO.

paid 22.08 for 3 blus. one of which was Inglorius basterds that I almost bought for 24 the other day. so great deal for me.

Actually a bit better than BBV on price too. After coupon they are 6.75 before tax.

I ended up getting

Public Enemies
Monsters vs Aliens
TAKEN !!! whoo finally
I Love You Man

30 bucks aint bad if anybody got inglourious bastards im willing to trade or buy it

I've been checking daily and surprised they finally updated. Got 9 movies just now.

Strange thing was I added items to cart, it disappeared (cart empty), then showed up again. Still let me check out.

Finally! Been checking daily for past 2 weeks. Picked up Dark Knight, I Love You Man, and Step Brothers. Hope they continue to add to. Sucks about the pricing going up though

bread's done
Back