Hollywood Video Used Blu-Rays Online @ 6.99 + 25% code per item

NeuronalState

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I placed an order with HWV I guess sometime about a week ago for Blood Diamond, Beerfest, and Superman Returns. I couldn't track my order the entire time for some reason even though they said I could track it. I got an email saying that two of my movies were canceled (Blood Diamond and Superman Returns) because they were no longer in stock. However my credit card was still charged for all three movies. Definitely not worth the hassle to deal with these guys. The DVD wasn't shipped all that well, and while I give them a little credit for how quick it went, overall I wouldn't say I'm pleased with their service. I wouldn't recommend anyone else buying from them. Don't be like me, I didn't listen. I should have.

The funny part is that despite fully knowing how awful they are.... I still order stuff. My latest order was made on 5/15. Still says "processing" on their site. I sent them an e-mail this last Friday (the 28th) which means I might get a reply in another two weeks if I'm that lucky. Either that or I'll get simply told my items are canceled and I'll be refunded.

[quote name='Demolition Man']The funny part is that despite fully knowing how awful they are.... I still order stuff. My latest order was made on 5/15. Still says "processing" on their site. I sent them an e-mail this last Friday (the 28th) which means I might get a reply in another two weeks if I'm that lucky. Either that or I'll get simply told my items are canceled and I'll be refunded.[/QUOTE]

If you don't hear anything in the next couple of days call 1-877-325 8687. You'll speak to that Jordan guy and he'll expedite your order being put through. Supposedly the website is messed up when it comes to processing certain orders. Big surprise huh?

[quote name='tylerdurden689']Supposedly the website is messed up when it comes to processing certain orders. Big surprise huh?[/QUOTE]

No surprise at all which is why they are going out of business. Any legitimate company wouldn't have massive fails like this.

As great as going out of business sales usually are, I'm always hesitant to order from some place that's shutting down. On the chance they dissolve before they give you your order, can you seek charges against a defunct establishment?

[quote name='Buuhan1']As great as going out of business sales usually are, I'm always hesitant to order from some place that's shutting down. On the chance they dissolve before they give you your order, can you seek charges against a defunct establishment?[/QUOTE]

You can do a charge back on your credit/debit card since you got the merchandise that you paid for.

I just called the 800 number posted a page back. I got a woman named "Candy" who quickly gave me another number to call (1-360-546-5528). The person I spoke to at that number (which isn't HWV but they according to her handle their internet stuff) can't even pull up their ordering information so now I am waiting on "some guy" to look into why my order has yet to ship out.

At this point I have next to no hope that my DVDs will ever ship. If nothing is done by the end of this week I'm doing a charge back and calling it done with this bullshit. Yeah the prices are nice but if they never ship your stuff out then what good are the prices? Funny they are slow at shipping stuff out (and horrible at customer service) - BUT BOY DO THEY PULL THE MONEY FROM YOUR CREDIT/DEBIT CARD AS FAST AS THEY CAN!

[quote name='Demolition Man']You can do a charge back on your credit/debit card since you got the merchandise that you paid for.

I just called the 800 number posted a page back. I got a woman named "Candy" who quickly gave me another number to call (1-360-546-5528). The person I spoke to at that number (which isn't HWV but they according to her handle their internet stuff) can't even pull up their ordering information so now I am waiting on "some guy" to look into why my order has yet to ship out.

At this point I have next to no hope that my DVDs will ever ship. If nothing is done by the end of this week I'm doing a charge back and calling it done with this bullshit. Yeah the prices are nice but if they never ship your stuff out then what good are the prices? Funny they are slow at shipping stuff out (and horrible at customer service) - BUT BOY DO THEY PULL THE MONEY FROM YOUR CREDIT/DEBIT CARD AS FAST AS THEY CAN![/QUOTE]

I just did the same thing today. I'll post if I hear anything back.

[quote name='tylerdurden689']I just did the same thing today. I'll post if I hear anything back.[/QUOTE]

Well if it makes you feel better.... I heard nothing from HWV.

A week ago I had contacted "Jordan" about an order from 3/29, still have yet to get a refund or anything. Looks like I will be calling Jordan tommorrow. Hollywood Video is so poory run I don't think I would buy another blu ray from the site, even if they were selling them for $2 a pop.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Well if it makes you feel better.... I heard nothing from HWV.[/QUOTE]

Well, I got an email correcting a wrong item that I received. So, that's a start I guess...

Got e-mailed this morning saying one of the items I ordered was "out of stock." God knows if they are going to refund me or not. My order status shows "shipped" as of right now so at least I'm hopefully getting the other two items. Still a shitty experience.

I called that number a week and a half ago. 3 days later a quarter of my order showed up with one of the discs being a DVD and not a blu. Called back and was told they would call me. After 4 more days of the same me calling and being lied to I filed a chargeback on my credit card (they allow 30 days from the day the order was placed.)

One of the two remaining DVDs in my order of three showed up Monday. I also got an e-mail saying my order was in the "process" of shipping so god knows if that means the other DVD or if their wonderful system is really that screwed up and meant the one I just got. What's funny is that my complete order has been refunded to my credit card this last Saturday and on their website it shows "canceled" as the current status.

Filed a charge back and guess what...they refunded my $58 today. Sad that it had to come to me filing a charge back....but whatever, I got my money back and I will not be ordering anything else from them.

[quote name='SLeeK719']Filed a charge back and guess what...they refunded my $58 today. Sad that it had to come to me filing a charge back....but whatever, I got my money back and I will not be ordering anything else from them.[/QUOTE]
I heard that most of the orders placed were not received by the company so people on other sites had to call in so the employees could manually push the orders through. Here's the original post on blu-ray.com:

last 4 or 5 comments above about orders made May 19th and later, You will need to Call any of the two numbers below to MANUALLY PUSH your order through. Anyone who has not called HollywoodVideo and personally spoke with either Jordan or Pamela most likely still "STUCK in their system." In other words, the warehouse NEVER got the order confirmations in the last few weeks. You will need to call the number(s) below to inform them of your order number as it appears on your HV.com account page. Expect that 30-50% of the titles that were available at the time of your order to be permanently out of stock, but you should expect a refund for those

**(360) 546-5528**
**(360) 450-4815**

I love the prompt, short, and quick answers one gets from HWV... seriously.... :lol:

[quote name='HWV E-Mail']Dear Demolition Man,

Hi, it appears that one item is backordered. I would assume this is one item you have not received as of yet.

Sincerely,
Hollywood Video Web Sales[/quote]

So my final items has gone from the following: Processing, Shipped, Canceled, and now Back Ordered. Just when HWV can't do any further epic fail somehow they manage to pull a new one out of the magic hat.

[quote name='RUN-DvdMC']Blu rays back to $6.99 again. Nothing new though.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't expect anything new at this point. More than likely they are going to sell out their stock in store while trying to clean out whatever is left at their warehouse. Heck I wouldn't be shocked to see their prices drop further just so they can move out whatever is left.

Honestly tho I'd say just let their crap rot at this point. Its way too much of a hassle to get them to ship your stuff out. Even then you aren't guaranteed it'll be in good condition let alone if you are getting it without the cover being butchered because some employee snipped the cardboard case into a DVD case (as how my copy of Yes Symphonic Live came).

The last DVD in the last order I will ever make with these clowns just showed up today. Funny it took exactly one month for them to get two of the three DVDs I ordered out to me with one getting canceled. At this point HWV can have their Blus for $1.99 and I still wouldn't order them. So good riddance and go to the graveyard now Hollywood Video because you suck.

[quote name='moviewizguy']I actually got my order today. 1 was brand new (sealed) and the other three were in great shape![/QUOTE]

Yeah, no ones contending that they come in anything but perfect shape, it just sucks you have to wait 3 years for them. It was better at the very beginning when we got blu cases with them, but I just bought empties from a place i shop from

I checked out as a guest, and never received any email confirmation. I was, however, charged for my order. I tried calling and emailing, it's all run by robots now. Ugh. I'm gonna try for a CC reversal.

I went instore today. Picked up Milk and Friday the 13th (2009), $3.99 each. The blu section is completely empty. I might go back to pick up W. and Quarantine for the same price later.

[quote name='perdition(troy']I wouldn't even think of ordering a thing from them[/QUOTE]

Me either, especially when the prices are so much better in store with the going out of business sales going on... nothing like the instant gratification an instore pick up will give you (granted you have any of the stores nearby, if not... )

Taken from my list posted on dvd talk are my blu rays picked up from this sale (minus another 6 or so picked up last night)

Terminator Salvation
Blood: The Last Vampire
Halloween 2
Tenderness
Gran Torino
It Might Get Loud
My Life in Ruins (for wife along with any other chick flicks listed below))
Black Dynamite... WOW... Id never heard of this movie before... it is AWESOME!!!!!
Moon
Milk
Hostel Part 2
Friday the 13th nwe version
The Midnight Meat Train
Doubt
Doomsday
Paul Blart
Obsessed
Nick and Nora
Open Season 2
Paranormal Activity
House Bunny
Max Payne
Rachel Getting Married
The Messengers
Fighting
Mamma Mia
Valentines Day
Whip it
Marley and Me
Haunting in Connecticut
King of California
My Bloody Valentine
Fired Up
Whatever Works
Resident Evil Degeneration
Glory Road
Street Fighter Legend of Chun Lee (with all 3 discs)
12 ounds
What Just Happened
Before the Devil Knows Youre Dead
What Happens in Vegas

Nice dvd pick ups included
Life on Mars... whole series for about 2 bucks
Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia Christmas
Jesus is Magic

Time to call this sale of epic fails dead. Both HWV and Movie Gallery's sites now have a static page with tons of hyperbole about new owners and such. I doubt anyone will notice let alone care about whatever becomes or happens to either of these companies much like the current zombie version of Circuit City.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Time to call this sale of epic fails dead. Both HWV and Movie Gallery's sites now have a static page with tons of hyperbole about new owners and such.[/QUOTE]

Yeah - I drive A LOT for work (1000 miles last week), and I've been checking. I can now find no stores open at all. I guess they're all closed. Oh well. Picked up a few BR and a few new regular DVD's... and some prn. So, all in all, it was a good sale. :D

[quote name='crazedracerguy']Yeah - I drive A LOT for work (1,000 miles last week), and I've been checking. I can now find no stores open at all. I guess they're all closed. Oh well. Picked up a few BR and a few new regular DVD's... and some prn. So, all in all, it was a good sale. :D[/QUOTE]

I won't deny that I did get some good deals during this. The annoyance of how badly run their web operations and customer service in general however.... not quite so good.

bread's done
Back