Holy ****!!! (Good ****) Blockbuster

el bobo

CAGiversary!
I just got off the phone talking to the dumbest person ever that worked at Block Buster he Didn't even know what a damn gamerush was... Anyway this may be a YMMV thing and is only B&M. This deal is insane! If you trade in any game ANY GAME! You get at least $9.99 for it! That includes madden 2001 etc. They will accept PS2, GC, XB, and PS1 games! This is so cool. Just make sure that it is going on by you!(It needs to have original package stuff, also is only good for store credit).
http://www.blockbuster.com/storeAvail/displayFindStores.action?subChannel=Instore

This is not a joke I just got off the phone with two employees. They sounded dumb, so if someone else could call that would be nice.

What the hell, hmm I will give them a call tommorow. It may just be a YMMV thing, because she specifically said "$9.99" I hope she didn't just make something up...

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Why should they know what a gamerush is?[/quote]

Gamerush is owned by blockbuster...

As for the other questions I would call your store they are open until Midnight on Friday. My store said that they were starting on Tuesday, and I am almost positive that they aren't a gamerush...

Yeah I'm probably hearing things too... If I am wrong I do apologize, but I hope I'm not I need to preorder some games! ^_^

Like I said, the people that I was talking to didn't even know what a Gamerush was I had to explain it to them. They said "No," and just told me about the trade in deal that they were going to start to get some games in.

I've heard that normal BlockBusters are now going to accept trade ins on games. However, most aren't GRs and will never become one.

Nice deal if it's true. I'll try to check on Tuesday.

Thank for the support, as for why I deleted it, no one was posting and I was getting a lot more hits on the PS2 one. I will call back tommorow about 1 since I need to ref some soccer games and make some money. (AKA So I can buy cheap ass PS1 games and rip them off).

I just called 2 blockbusters near me and neither had any clue what I was talking about when I asked if they accepted trade ins or were going to in the near future.

There are no GameRush location in my region but the Blockbusters here have started displaying posters touting their trade-ins for games and DVDs. Both poster types suggest a minimum value of $5.

What exactly is that and who determines it? Sure, if you ask a CAG hed say all non current year sports titles arent worth $5 but if some numbskull in blockbuster corperate thinks it is, we're in the house.

[quote name='el bobo']Yeah that is me I own a l33t GFAQs account... People there complain too much...[/quote]

the links not working, how much karma you got?

[quote name='sj41']I've heard that normal BlockBusters are now going to accept trade ins on games. However, most aren't GRs and will never become one.

Nice deal if it's true. I'll try to check on Tuesday.[/quote]

my bb said they start in october

Alot of regular blockbusters take trades. The $5 min is on dvds only. games all range in price. Gamerush is a store within a store. Certain bb's have gamerush stores in them, meaning they carry systems, newest games etc.

[quote name='marcos']Alot of regular blockbusters take trades. The $5 min is on dvds only. games all range in price. Gamerush is a store within a store. Certain bb's have gamerush stores in them, meaning they carry systems, newest games etc.[/quote]

I heard that in October the min. for dvd trade ins would go up to 8 bucks. i'm not 100% sure but at there's a very good chance that this is true, it could just be a promo, but it could become the min. from now on.

As a Game Rush manager, let me tel the truth..

No such thing as minimum of $10. Period.
October 2nd or 3rd we will pay ATLEAST $8 for each DVD traded it, that is true.

I just called again and one person said they didn't have a clue what I was talking about and another said that they were offering it... I'm confused!

[quote name='marcos']Alot of regular blockbusters take trades. The $5 min is on dvds only. games all range in price. Gamerush is a store within a store. Certain bb's have gamerush stores in them, meaning they carry systems, newest games etc.[/quote]

This guy is right. My blockbuster has offered trade-ins for about 3 months now. I've turned down a 3 dollar offer there before also, so 5 bucks isn't the minimum. The BB doesn't have to have a GR in it to carry new systems or new games either. Also, I believe the trade-in value is the same for BB and GR because when Drake's trade-in value was 22 bucks at GR, I got that same amount from BB.

starts in fort wayne OCT 5 they said there are rumors a gamerush is coming here but i wont hold my breath we got 6 used game stores here not ocunting ebgames gamestop and a few others so we got around 10 used game stores around here

I just called again and some guy said "It is nation wide." So I called my store and they said that they would give you $10 for any game, so that they could stock up on some games! 1-3 copies of the same game they would accept it just matters how much they have in stock. This is not a lie I called about 7 stores to confirm this. It is on in PA, just make sure that yours is still going on!

[quote name='gizmogc']As a Game Rush manager, let me tel the truth..

October 2nd or 3rd we will pay ATLEAST $8 for each DVD traded it, that is true.[/quote]

I thought you worked at GameCrazy! Now your at Game Rush?

[quote name='Indiana'][quote name='gizmogc']As a Game Rush manager, let me tel the truth..

October 2nd or 3rd we will pay ATLEAST $8 for each DVD traded it, that is true.[/quote]

I thought you worked at GameCrazy! Now your at Game Rush?[/quote]Well, GameRush is the best store ever. :)

[quote name='el bobo']I have 504 karma and my name is el bobo.[/quote]
As of today I have 1021 karma. My l33t gamefaqs account is more l33t then your gamefaqs account. :)

Hopefully at least 1 Block Buster near me will run the video game trade in promo. When I called the other day both BB's that I talked to were clueless about it. I figure I'll wait until the 2nd and try again.

bread's done
Back