HOLY ****, Serious Clearance at CompUSA B&M (YMMV)

chunlirocks

Banned
CompUSA had EIGHT shelves of PS2, CUBE and XBOX games ALL for $9.99 each. {Montgomeryville PA}

This is what I bought but there were tons more...

PS2
GGXX
Dark Cloud 2 (2 copies)
R-Type Final
King of Fighters 2000/2001
Sly Cooper
Romance of the 3 Kingdom 7
Gallop Racer 2003
Onimusha 2

XBOX
2 copies PSOIandII

GAMECUBE
NBA Street 2

Today (SAT) It was buy 2 get 1 free so I made out great :cool:

[quote name='bfg9k'][quote name='TJordan522']chunlirocks--since you bought 2 copies of PSO 1 and 2, will you sell me your double? Let me know how much you would want. Thanks!

Jordan[/quote]

My local best buy has tons of these for $10, so you might want to give that a shot[/quote]

Thanks!

My CompUSA is worse than worthless; I went in yesterday to see what they had, but their checkout clerks were so slow, I just gave up and didn't even have them check the games I was interested in.

[quote name='ajtp']don't waste your time on this one CAGs, noone at Compusa understands the ad, and there no games for $4.99[/quote]

Not true. Yesterday, I picked up ESPN Baseball, Sonic Adventure 2, Fugitive Hunter, and Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel (all PS2, except SA2, which was GC). They also had X-Files for PS2, (which I didn't get, since my brother already owns it, and I can borrow it from him whenever I want), and a few others, along with some PC games, none of which I've ever even heard of. Not the greatest finds, but still pretty good for $5, though I'll likely return Fugitive (horrid reviews) and Fallout BOS (mediocre reviews).

[quote name='CouRageouS'][quote name='Xevious']I went to Compusa yesterday (Saturday) in Emeryville, CA

I didnt see anything special. I was specifically looking at Xbox titles though. And yes, the customer service has a lot to be desired at this store; But then again, I knew from insiders that this paticular store was mismanaged.

Still, its not all doom and gloom at that store. They do occasionally have good sales on computer equipment and I like going there to browse sometimes. But it definately not a place you want to go if youre impatient.[/quote]
I used to work there. It paid quite well but it was a horrible overall experience. Management sucks and everything was so unorganized. The stock system was so screwy. All of us employees would always go to BB after work/during breaks to buy stuff. If you wanted to buy anything with employee discount it took like a week to process it and a manager would have to sign it for approval. So much BS there.[/quote]

My friend who work there years ago said the same thing you did. There was apparently a high-turn over rate. I didnt know the job pays well though; She told me the pay wasn't good.

Good to know there is a fellow CAG nearby..

[quote name='Xevious']I went to Compusa yesterday (Saturday) in Emeryville, CA

I didnt see anything special. I was specifically looking at Xbox titles though. And yes, the customer service has a lot to be desired at this store; But then again, I knew from insiders that this paticular store was mismanaged.

Still, its not all doom and gloom at that store. They do occasionally have good sales on computer equipment and I like going there to browse sometimes. But it definately not a place you want to go if youre impatient.[/quote]

Ugh, that location sucks. I always have a hassle when I try to buy a game there. They like to keep putting out tags for games they don't have or can't find. They have reorganized 1000 times, but it's always a mess.

[quote name='ajtp']don't waste your time on this one CAGs, noone at Compusa understands the ad, and there no games for $4.99[/quote]

I could not have said it better myself. The employees are completely clueless about the ad.

I did pick up Resident Evil 2 (GC), though it was $29.88. It came with a $10 mail in rebate as well.

I talked to a number of sales clerks and was told, "Yeah! all of those items have a 10$ rebate or 10$ card offer...", I ask even the 9.98$ games... "Hmm, yes they will be free after rebate.". Wow!! I said and preceeded to sort through 200+ games. I take 15 or so games to the counter, and the clerk goes, "I've only seen 1 game today with a rebate, and the price on all of those games is the real price".

WTF I say, and that ends my visits to CrapUSA for another 3 months until I forget about this awefull visit.

If this is anything like the deal the CUSA I worked at had a few months back none of the games will ring up at $4.99. They will ring up at what ever price but it will end in $xx.88 and that should signify that they are on clearance. Then the MOD (manger on duty) or some other dope with override privilege has to manually mark them down to $4.99.

Ask to speak to the MOD or the GM and tell them to point out the clearance games. If anyone in the store know what they are they would be the ones.

[quote name='m0rphix']If this is anything like the deal the CUSA I worked at had a few months back none of the games will ring up at $4.99. They will ring up at what ever price but it will end in $xx.88 and that should signify that they are on clearance. Then the MOD (manger on duty) or some other dope with override privilege has to manually mark them down to $4.99.

Ask to speak to the MOD or the GM and tell them to point out the clearance games. If anyone in the store know what they are they would be the ones.[/quote]

I bought a few and they ring up automatically and if there is a rebate it prints up to get the $10 gift card. Some had the rebate instantly (The price it rang up for) Other had a mail in gift card rebate.

The cheapest games I got were 88 cents, Barbian for the Xbox.

Sharing my confusing CompUSA experience - Downers Grove, IL location.

They had a large rack of games up at the front that included some of the titles people on here have mentioned. I went up to customer service and had the guy ring them up. None were a very good deal - about $15-$25 for Sly Cooper, Freedom Fighters, Dark Cloud 2 and a few others.) It's probably worth mentioning that not a single one was the price marked.

So then I found another guy and showed him the ad. He admitted that it was confusing and quite arbitrarily offered me the deal of $10 for each game. But then he started having trouble ringing them up , and changed his mind about the deal once a manager in a suit came over (we probably drew attention because once the guy told me $10 a game for anything on that rack, my buddy and few others raced over and grabbed a bunch of games.)

I basically walked out once the price had again raised to about $15 a game. Not necessarily because it was a good or bad deal, but because I felt like I was getting jerked around.

Still - I might try a different CompUSA today :)

Went to my local CompUSA yesterday. NOTHING was marked. There was no sign of any sale. I asked an employee to check in the back for a game I wanted and they didn't have any. I tried price checking guides but it didn't look too good. I completely forgot about the YMMV penny pre-order of Guild Wars. CompUSA just sucks with games. Blah.

Actually got some deals from this today. All prices are after the $10 mail in gift card:

$10: R-Type Final (PS2), Panzer Dragoon Orta (XBX)
$15: Metroid Zero Mission (GBA)
$20: Ikaruga

They had two copies of PDO left and I think 1 of R-Type Final. This was in Monroeville, PA.

Bit of a hassle to fill in the rebates, but worth it.

I was at CompUSA in Tallahassee, FL day before yesterday (tuesday - come to think of it, maybe it was monday). no deals there. They had clearance, but nothing was priced around $9.99 that was worthwhile, at least not to me.

nothing good at the San Rafael, CA Compusa.

I wanted to get Otogi: Myth of Demons (19.99), I-Ninja (19.99) and Madden 2005 Collectors Edition (59.95?), King of Fighters 00/01 (39.95) but no one in the store could further inform me on how this supposed up to 90% off would work.

I checked out the CompUSA on Colorado Blvd. in Denver. 3 carts of games all 9.99. 80% were sports titles and a few I-Ninja for Xbox.

But I did managed to score the Ultra Rare NCAA Baskestball 2K3 for gamecube for 9.99!!

I went today and they had nothing on sale. There was a rack with a bunch of games for $19.99, but there were all normally priced $19.99 or lower games

[quote name='usickenme']
But I did managed to score the Ultra Rare NCAA Baskestball 2K3 for gamecube for 9.99!![/quote]

There are multiple copies of that game sitting in the bargain bin at my local EB for like 3 bucks.

[quote name='Lexian'][quote name='usickenme']
But I did managed to score the Ultra Rare NCAA Baskestball 2K3 for gamecube for 9.99!![/quote]

There are multiple copies of that game sitting in the bargain bin at my local EB for like 3 bucks.[/quote]

If I were you, I'd buy all three copies and put them on Ebay ASAP. By the way, the Comp USA on Sheridan in Westminster, CO doesn't have jack ish... they have shitty games for like $20-$30. None are $9.99

My local CompUSA had a terrible selection with terrible prices. Of the decent games they had, you could get them cheaper at regular prices at other stores.

Super Lame

[quote name='Killdozer']My local CompUSA had a terrible selection with terrible prices. Of the decent games they had, you could get them cheaper at regular prices at other stores.

Super Lame[/quote]
Same at mine :(

[quote name='bbfinster']I'm going to Robinson Township, PA today. I'll let you know what I uncover.[/quote]'

I was there today. Picked up Zelda-A Link to the Past (GBA) for $15 after rebate. Not much else that I wanted that I didn't already have.

bread's done
Back