Home Beta Signups Are Out

sullyj

CAG Veteran
Welcome to Home Beta.

Home is a real-time, 3D networked community that serves as a meeting place for PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™) users from around the world, where they can interact, communicate, join online games, shop, share content and even build their own personal spaces. Home will be available as a free download from the PLAYSTATION®Store and will launch directly from the PS3 system's Home Menu.

Home is ramping up for its debut, and we're inviting you to sign up for a very special beta test. Space is extremely limited, so if you want to participate in the beta test, FIND OUT MORE by clicking here or on the button below.

REMEMBER:

* Home Beta is open to legal U.S. or Canadian residents 18 years or older who are currently registered PlayStation® Underground™ members.
* Participation in Home Beta means you will be subject to Sony Computer Entertainment Europe's Privacy Policy and will receive further communications from Sony Computer Entertainment Europe.
* You must accept the Home Beta Trial Agreement to sign up.
* Not everyone who signs up will be accepted.
* If you are one of the chosen few, we will notify you via email.

Good luck!

[quote name='whoknows']Is this from an email?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I am guessing it went out to GAP members.

Where did you even give them your email addy? I went to homebetatrial.com and got a "place watch this site" message. I'd love to get in on the action.

I think GAP hates me after I tried selling my SOCOM 3 beta :lol:

Is this really for gap members? I didn't get the e-mail and I am a member... My PS3 is registered too.

>>>offical boards says non-gap are getting them too.

[quote name='whoknows']Damn it!!

fuck GAP.

I've been part of the PSU for years and have never been invited for GAP.

DAMN YOU SONY!![/QUOTE]
I've been an Underground member since '98 (back when they had the CD magazine service) and I never get shit from them outside of some silly promotional junk.

I was all stoked when I got the email, thinking "can I download it now? Can I download it now?"

Then it occurred to me that it was a signup for a *chance*.

Oh well, here's to hoping.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']I've been an Underground member since '98 (back when they had the CD magazine service) and I never get shit from them outside of some silly promotional junk.[/quote]

Hehe, I think I still have those 2CD Underground magazine things for PSX.

Damnit, no email for me!!!
I want in!!!

Thanks for the heads up.
I had an old email on my Playstation account and sure enough, the email was waiting for me there....

I've been a GAP member for at least a year, and register all of my games. Sadly, no invite for me though. :cry:

[quote name='whoknows']Damn it!!

fuck GAP.

I've been part of the PSU for years and have never been invited for GAP.

DAMN YOU SONY!![/QUOTE]Ditto. fuck Sony over this. I've been their loyal member since PSU first started, and I was a member of G.A.P. at the VERY beginning. This is definitely a stab at my heart.

I got in on the GAP when the PS2 network adapter came out I registered it so I could get my twisted metal online disc and they automatically sent me an invite to GAP. If you are in the GAP and didn't get the email, check your spam folder. I can't think of any reason why they would send the email to some GAP members and not others.

[quote name='Purkeynator']I got in on the GAP when the PS2 network adapter came out I registered it so I could get my twisted metal online disc and they automatically sent me an invite to GAP. If you are in the GAP and didn't get the email, check your spam folder. I can't think of any reason why they would send the email to some GAP members and not others.[/QUOTE]Not there either. My email gets ALL my PlayStation mail (actually, my Gmail is almost exclusively for PS mail), but did not see it, even in the spam folder (it had actual spam).

You bastards!

I want in!

I might have got it, and deleted it by accident I didnt think they'd email and I ussually delete all game related emails because they mainly protain to:

"ATV Off Road Fury just released! ITS AWSOME!"

Blah!

/cry

I hadnt received an email confirmation either however earlier today i went into my underground account and added "verified" my ps3 with the number from the back sticker and about a half hour ago i got the @home email. You all should do the same to make sure your hardware is verified.

[quote name='empyrium']I hadnt received an email confirmation either however earlier today i went into my underground account and added "verified" my ps3 with the number from the back sticker and about a half hour ago i got the @home email. You all should do the same to make sure your hardware is verified.[/QUOTE]
Are you a GAP member and where do I verify it at?

[quote name='empyrium']I hadnt received an email confirmation either however earlier today i went into my underground account and added "verified" my ps3 with the number from the back sticker and about a half hour ago i got the @home email. You all should do the same to make sure your hardware is verified.[/QUOTE]

yeah I did that as well last night, I also registered my psp and ps2. no e-mail though =(

I'm trying to register my console on the playstation site, and it's just junk....keeps saying, Our Site made an Error, please try again later.

Home Beta up in Europe.

"London, 1st May 2007. Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) today announced that the first phase, closed beta test for Home, the 3D, online, avatar based community for PLAYSTATION®3 had begun.Starting with an initially small group of both internal staff and known beta testers, the test will be opened up to many others at some point during the summer, including those registered on www.homebetatrial.com.

For more information contact:

SCEE Press Centre
Email: [email protected]
Tel:+44 (0)20 7859 5000"

We might get the confirmation today?

With only a select few G.A.P. members getting in, we imagine people are staring at their 30 person buddy lists in jealousy as a single one of their friends enjoys the thrills Home has to offer. Americans seem to be particularly jealous right now, as nobody on Western shores has yet confirmed their acceptance as of this writing. However, we've been hearing the date May 1st as confirmation for acceptance into the North American beta, so if that date is indeed true nobody will have to hold their breath for too much longer. - Kotaku

Hope so.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Home Beta up in Europe.

"London, 1st May 2007. Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) today announced that the first phase, closed beta test for Home, the 3D, online, avatar based community for PLAYSTATION®3 had begun.Starting with an initially small group of both internal staff and known beta testers, the test will be opened up to many others at some point during the summer, including those registered on www.homebetatrial.com.

For more information contact:

SCEE Press Centre
Email: [email protected]
Tel:+44 (0)20 7859 5000"[/QUOTE]

when did homebetatrial.com allow people to sign up? I must've missed that.

It says WILL be opened to those registered- but neither has happened yet (sign-ups via the site or acceptance of those who do so).

Basically it is saying there will be phases for the testing of Home.

bread's done
Back