HOME delayed till spring '08

Status
Not open for further replies.

opterasis

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
http://kotaku.com/gaming/breaking/home-delayed-until-spring-08-301719.php

Kaz Hirai today announced that Sony Computer Entertainment is delaying the release of the Playstation Home until the spring of 2008. He told reporters that the team wanted to spend more time developing the user interface platform.
Hirai went on to apologize for the delay, insisting that the service must spend more time in development so gamers around the world can experience the game when it is ready.

I'd be frustrated that it's going to be even longer before we have decent online play, but then I realized... there's really not much to play online anyway.

that's not a problem, just as long as when its released, it complete, and full of all features and games. I didn't like the idea we heard earlier during the week with Home being released without all its content. I want to experience a completed home, not a we're updating as we good HOME.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']From playing the beta, they need to delay it.[/quote]

Yes they do. Be pretty lame if they released it now.

Wasn't Unreal going to be using Home or something? I remember they showed something about the online friends list or something.

They should have just delayed the system until then to work out all thie kinks and find a cheaper way to make it. The people at the top of Sony are just going through the motions and have know idea Whats Really Going On.

[quote name='NamPaehc']I just wish they would unlock the trophy system.[/quote]
QFT. Does anybody have more info on how the Trophy system is going to work?

You can pretty much assume it'll be exactly like the achievement system, but with the benefit of being able to place 3D modeled trophies in your Home space.

Unless they somehow get it loading quickly, I think they should have gone with a 2D or even stylized 3D for Home instead of the more realistic setting they have now. This way they could get it to load very quickly and use less system resources.

I must be one of the few who really has no interest in Home. Yeah, it looks technically neat but I just don't care. I don't see me sitting at home wandering around some virtual 'The Sims'-like world and enjoying it.

I've got the same feelings about online-chat. Outside of the situation where I'm playing with some close friends I just don't have any interest. Calling All Cars? I just want to play. No need to chat.

I could see it in team-play on Warhawk but, even then, you kind of have to have a group of friends to form that team.

[quote name='Brad Bishop']I must be one of the few who really has no interest in Home. Yeah, it looks technically neat but I just don't care. I don't see me sitting at home wandering around some virtual 'The Sims'-like world and enjoying it.[/QUOTE]

You're not alone. Home is totally lame, and once in-game XMB access and friend game invites are implemented into the firmware, I'll never touch Home again. Unless they change the arcade games to be more than a third-grader's attempt at making flash-style arcade games.

[quote name='mykevermin']You're not alone. Home is totally lame, and once in-game XMB access and friend game invites are implemented into the firmware, I'll never touch Home again. Unless they change the arcade games to be more than a third-grader's attempt at making flash-style arcade games.[/QUOTE]
Sadly I agree with this. I think I just had my expectations set too high. I rarely even use it. It's just plain boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back