Home Run Derby! Season Winners Announced!

[quote name='Jedi1979']im confused...from the list it still looks like flyersfan has only 3

oh i see...the phillies were delayed so that is why i wasnt seeing it on the stats page[/QUOTE]

yea... makes me mad too because holliday was the person I picked over ortiz and wright, both of whom homered today.

[quote name='Shoagie']If the game is doesnt make it past the 5th inning and is scratched, do we still get credit for the home run? Phillies game is delayed.[/quote]

If it's cancelled, the stats would not count.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']yea... makes me mad too because holliday was the person I picked over ortiz and wright, both of whom homered today.[/quote]

It could be worse. Last week I picked Braun & Fielder cuz they were playing @ Wrigley but left them off this week cuz they are at cavernous RFK. Last week: 1 homer combined. This week: 3 already. Go figure :bomb:

Damn, the week I decide not to use Fielder, he gets two home runs in one game. At least the Rockies-Phillies game is going again, I've got two players in that game.

Standings as of Sunday morning:

4: Jedi1979, Basketcase1080, Flyersfan
3: crzyboy88, Archangel567, Lapperscrapper, Danimal
2: neudog, Dragonborn23, xironmanx, Link927, Cow_tipper, Otherguy676, Shoagie, Tuffcookie, Highlightshow

Good luck today everyone

PS: Sheffield just hit one, but it doesnt change this list much... Tuffcookie moves up to 3.

[quote name='Lapperscrapper']Standings as of Sunday morning:

4: Jedi1979, Basketcase1080
3: Flyersfan, crzyboy88, Archangel567, Lapperscrapper, Danimal
2: neudog, Dragonborn23, xironmanx, Link927, Cow_tipper, Otherguy676, Shoagie, Tuffcookie, Highlightshow

Good luck today everyone

PS: Sheffield just hit one, but it doesnt change this list much... Tuffcookie moves up to 3.[/quote]

I have 4 ;)

Fielder twice, Howard, and Francouer.

Sorry man, I did that quick, and missed Francouer.

It is a 3-way tie for first right now.

It looks like the season leaderboard is going to stay really tight. The usuall suspects are doing well (Basketcase, Tuffcookie, Cow_tipper, myself), and will stay within 2 HRs for season totals if the day ends like it stands now. An update on season standings before this weekend.

12: Tuffcookie
11: Cow_tipper
11: Kaw
11: Lapperscrapper
11: Nyquil
10: Basketcase1080
10: Greetard
9: cheapfrag

Looks like everyone except one CAG gave up on A-Rod this week. He hit a dinger a short while ago. 30 homers and 86 ribbies before the All-Star break...pretty fricking amazing. Scott Boras will definitely get him $30 million per year after this season.

There have been a lot of homers so far today. 18, and I think about half of the innings have been played for the day. Sheffield, A-Rod, and Konkerko are the most notable so far. A lot have been hit by guys with 4 or 5 on the year. Dunn just K'ed, by the way.

Burrell got a homer, I'm up to 5 now. Unless Fielder, Bay, or Francouer have a hit a HR today, I'm only watching the Phils right now.

Edit- looked it up, I'm at 6 now. Jason Bay hit a HR also.

You are looking pretty good for the win this week flyersfan, there are not too many more players on anyone's team that havent played today.
I'm not looking at the teams right now, but I dont think any of the other two top teams had more than 1 hr.

oh well...at least it adds to the total for the year...wasnt paying much attention today since i was at the hospital welcoming in my first child today:D and of course the Mets lost:cry:

[quote name='Jedi1979']oh well...at least it adds to the total for the year...wasnt paying much attention today since i was at the hospital welcoming in my first child today:D and of course the Mets lost:cry:[/quote]

Congrats man!

[quote name='Lapperscrapper']Sorry man, I did that quick, and missed Francouer.

It is a 3-way tie for first right now.

It looks like the season leaderboard is going to stay really tight. The usuall suspects are doing well (Basketcase, Tuffcookie, Cow_tipper, myself), and will stay within 2 HRs for season totals if the day ends like it stands now. An update on season standings before this weekend.

12: Tuffcookie
11: Cow_tipper
11: Kaw
11: Lapperscrapper
11: Nyquil
10: Basketcase1080
10: Greetard
9: cheapfrag[/QUOTE]

and i missed the first week too.... sigh

[quote name='briansraregames']Congrats man![/quote]

Thanks!...

that link for the season leaderboard just takes me to a google page to log in...anyway to see it without logging in?

[quote name='Jedi1979']Thanks!...

that link for the season leaderboard just takes me to a google page to log in...anyway to see it without logging in?[/quote]

I dunno, but I have a gmail account so I can see it I guess.

Just sign up for one, it's one of the easiest things to sign up for I've ever seen.

UPDATE:

LOOKS LIKE WE HAVE A WINNER FOLKS!

Congrats to FlyersFan!!! Our Week #5 winner with 6 BIG HOMERS!!!!

Official Results:

WEEK #5 FINAL STANDINGS:

Here are the final standings for week #5:

6 HR - FlyersFan
4 HR - neudog, xironmanx, basketcase1080, jedi1979
3 HR - dragonreborn23, danimal, Gamer SDP, Link927, Mr Ryles, EXStrike, JohnnyDrama, smellhasreturned, cow_tipper, Lapperscrapper, Shoagie, TuffCookie, Archangel567, Highlightshow, Kendro, crzyboy88
2 HR - greetard, smaaug, klwillis45, wyldmojo, nyyanksfan20, Otherguy676, konketsu, darthbudge
1 HR - cheapfrag, huskerfan31, packattack, donaldtrunk, thizzianastoned, visc, Kaw, Jeffblack12, Nyquil, foladar
0 HR - Briansraregames :cry:

congrats to the winner and runner up =) I came so close that I can be proud of myself... and thanks to briansraregames!!!!

Hey guys, please be sure to double check your totals and if you find any discrepancies, please let me know ASAP. Thanks!

Oh, and I updated the season leaderboard too, so check that out when you have a chance.

Is it possible to switch out people on your team? If so then please exchange Alfonso Soriano for Ryan Howard on my team. Thank you.

[quote name='darthbudge']Is it possible to switch out people on your team? If so then please exchange Alfonso Soriano for Ryan Howard on my team. Thank you.[/quote]

I'll start taking week #6 picks tomorrow, so please post your team at that time.

I have to say it was quite shocking top see you go from the top score for last week to dead last this week, Brian. I didn't exactly fare much better, but it was still surprising.

[quote name='Visc']I have to say it was quite shocking top see you go from the top score for last week to dead last this week, Brian. I didn't exactly fare much better, but it was still surprising.[/quote]

You shouldn't be surprised...5 weeks played, 3 times with 0 HR from me! I like picking the more obscure players anyways, feels more rewarding when I do get it right!

[quote name='Flyersfan']Man I'm kicking myself in the ass for not playing those few weeks I missed. Dunno what I was doing to not enter.[/quote]

Same here...I missed two weeks (one for bottom ten and the other due to laziness)...I got 7 total but oh well..maybe I'll have a really lucky week..

Can I get in on this?

Here are my picks for Week 6:

1. Alex Rodriguez - New York
2. Gary Sheffield - Detroit
3. Grady Sizemore - Cleveland
4. Paul Konerko - Chicago
5. Vladimir Guerrero - Los Angeles

Tiebreaker - 41

I'd like to get in this week. My picks for week 6:

1. Carlos Lee
2. Vladimir Guerrero
3. Torii Hunter