Homebrew on PSPs running firmware 2.01 through 2.50!

the people working on this loader are aganist piracy, so no downloader or running iso. Since new games like Mega Man Hunter X needs 2.5 to run, some of you might want to make the upgrade.

I heard about this...its only select homebrew. Until they can get the NES/SMS/TG16 emulators working I'll pass. I could careless about the homebrew crap, but these emulators are a must.

This is great news although from what I can tell you still need GTA to get it to work, right? So in order to play homebrew like NES, SNES, etc. you need to boot up GTA and then do something? I don't get it.

[quote name='javeryh']This is great news although from what I can tell you still need GTA to get it to work, right? So in order to play homebrew like NES, SNES, etc. you need to boot up GTA and then do something? I don't get it.[/QUOTE]
yea you need a real copy of GTA:LCS to work.

[quote name='62t']yea you need a real copy of GTA:LCS to work.[/QUOTE]

I don't mind buying it - I've actually wanted to play it but haven't because I refuse to lose NES, GB/GBC and SNES gameplay. It sucks that Sony keeps upgrading the firmware with security fixes - I don't even see whey they care about people running homebrew (but I understand them not wanting people to run ISO loaders). Shouldn't there be a simple fix?

Sony would sell alot more PSP's if they embraced the modding community instead of pushing it away. They should make firmware that tries to block any attempt at an ISO, but can freely run homebrew/emu's.

[quote name='SolidSnakeX99']Sony would sell alot more PSP's if they embraced the modding community instead of pushing it away. They should make firmware that tries to block any attempt at an ISO, but can freely run homebrew/emu's.[/QUOTE]

No kidding geeks would flock for the PSP. People would be willing to put down $249.99 + tax for one if Sony was a little more open about people running their own apps on it. This would probably cause a trickle down effect to non-geeks too. My dad is jealous that I play Simon's Quest on my PSP. He lusts for the PSP just for this reason alone.

2.0 can play 2.5 games for now tho. (via pspsetx)

so jux stick w/ 2.0 until the new eloader is more reliable.

by then, games may need a more required homebrew

and we'll already have a new bypass method

Why would Sony want to make a fix to allow mods and sell their psp (probably at a loss) just so you can run free apps? That will never happen. The only reason it exists is to sell their $50 software. If they made a similar device as an open system, it would probably cost about $600.

Too bad nothing actually loads. What a waste of time. All the crap homebrew works, nothing that you would actually want to play.

SNES9x works quite well. I've got a 2.01 fw PSP, and I've been playing Super Nintendo games on it for nearly two weeks now.

[quote name='magius360']SNES9x works quite well. I've got a 2.01 fw PSP, and I've been playing Super Nintendo games on it for nearly two weeks now.[/QUOTE]

I may be talking out of my ass, but I thought I read by one of the developers of the emulators that people with 1.00 and 1.50 firmware will have better and faster emulators since they can optimise the code more using lower level access to the system. Isn't one of the current SNES emulators software based? I thought this was the case since they are unable to access the hardware directly for making the emulators hardware accelerated instead of software. I could be wrong.

Honestly, I think a LOT of people like to use ISO loaders.....none will admit it really, but they still have not cracked that righT?

Awesome! I'm getting a PSP from FreePay and I was sad that I wouldn't be able to get homebrew. I'm also getting Liberty City Stories from GiftFiesta, so that should be fun.

A lot of the homebrew does NOT work. I know the Nester (NES) emu doesn't. So, I guess it's hit or miss. I'll leave mine at 1.5 until almost all my games require 2.5 or more. I personally don't play my PSP enough to warrant an upgrade yet.

[quote name='doubledown']A lot of the homebrew does NOT work. I know the Nester (NES) emu doesn't. So, I guess it's hit or miss. I'll leave mine at 1.5 until almost all my games require 2.5 or more. I personally don't play my PSP enough to warrant an upgrade yet.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I don't care about ISO loaders but I don't want to give up NES and SNES playability. I am dying to get a new PSP game though - namely GTA but I am patient...

[quote name='doubledown']Honestly, I think a LOT of people like to use ISO loaders.....none will admit it really, but they still have not cracked that righT?[/QUOTE]

I know I did. Bleach and Bomberman mostly. Bleach I was waiting for a stateside release to but it (ha...) and Bomberman wasnt that great of a game, but I was actually using it as a Japanese lesson for myself by translating the menu's

bread's done
Back