Homework help!!!

uzumaki_star

CAGiversary!
Hello guys and gals of CAG

What programs are used to make/design videogames? I need to know this for my GAME 101 Class. Thank for the help .

I need answer by Monday, May 7, 2007.

1. This is the wrong section. If you can't even figure out that the auction section of a website isn't the place to ask this type of question, you're in trouble.

2. Two, if you're asking about what programs to use to make/design videogames... you're in trouble.

Yeah...you don't really use programs to "make" video games, you use a compiler to compile your source code. Personally I think C is a nice language to use, or C++. I use textpad to write all my code, and gcc to compile. As for the graphics and music, that's up to you what program you want to use to create and edit those kind of files. I'd suggest doing some research on the web at least. Knowing "what program to use" won't help if you don't know what programming is or the basics syntax of the language and the basics of good design.

I'd say that a lot of games are probably done in C or one of it's children. Having not programmed a game I can't really tell you. Microsoft released XNA which is a SDK for games (particularly those like on XBL), so that's another option.

[quote name='Vinny']1. This is the wrong section. If you can't even figure out that the auction section of a website isn't the place to ask this type of question, you're in trouble.

2. Two, if you're asking about what programs to use to make/design videogames... you're in trouble.[/quote]
Nicely said.

I'm kinda curious what videogame school it's from ...

bread's done
Back