Hori Digital Gamecube Pad -- $9.95

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Saw the Pelican "Retro" version of this controller at Gamestop for $7.99.
Is it a good enough controller for the Gameboy Player, seeing how I can't buy the Hori one online?[/QUOTE]

I have the Hori and the Pelican and both are better than the regular GC controller when using the Gameboy Player.

[quote name='wyatt8']Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that their are Hori pads available at http://www.warpzonevideogames.com/product.php?productid=21039&cat=0&page=1

I've used them before for some classic games and their service is good. Priority shipping is only $4.95 up to one lb.

Just thought I'd let you know.

Wyatt[/QUOTE]

it's weird that you're talking like you are just a customer, since you obviously are affiliated with the place. that makes you look sketchy.
what color is it anyway?

BUT if your store is legit, then thanks! :)

these pads are great. I think my CvS2 skills actually improved with the super tight d-pad.

[quote name='Apossum']it's weird that you're talking like you are just a customer, since you obviously are affiliated with the place. that makes you look sketchy.
what color is it anyway?

BUT if your store is legit, then thanks! :)

these pads are great. I think my CvS2 skills actually improved with the super tight d-pad.[/quote]

Alright, you got me, I'm the owner. But we have about 60 of them available if anyone is interested. They are the Indigo colored ones, all brand new in box.

My distributor said the supply they got was a closeout for the remaining stock from Hori so there are not supposed to be any more after this.

If anyone has any questions please let me know.

Wyatt

[quote name='wyatt8']Alright, you got me, I'm the owner. [/quote]

We shouldn't have to "get you," you should have been truthful to begin with instead of attempting to deceive us, which you clearly were with your statement, "I've used them before for some classic games and their service is good." :shame:

Please feel free at your very earliest convenience to apologize profusely and to offer these pads for sale to CAG members at your cost or below. That'd be a good start on making amends. :nottalking:

From the graveyard Hori thread:

"Here's an update on Hori GC digital pad.

Sorry for a recent backorder incident on hori digital pad. There was an error in a shipment we received from Hori. As we will be receiving the balance of original shipment on Monday, all backorders will be fulfilled again on Mon (12/18) - Wed (12/19). If there's anyone who couldn't wait, please contact us asap. Sorry again for our mistake and hope we serve you better in the future.

admin / eStarland.com"

yeah. i'm surprised. they actually called me on the phone and asked if i'd like to reinstate my order. that doesn't really make up for the big delay or the lack of communication, but it was at least something, and the guy on the phone was polite enough. i pointed out to him that while my order had been cancelled (by me), they never did refund my Paypal payment, so he may as well re-order the pads for me.

well, thanks to USPS Priority, they're here today:

horipads.jpg

they've arrived relatively unscathed. i say "relatively", because eStarland decided to ship them in a flat-rate "large envelope" with some bubble-wrap that wasn't actually padding anything, just laying at the end -- and no, i don't mean they used a padded-envelope. due to USPS' speedy delivery, there wasn't too much opportunity for damage. thus, each box is only slightly crushed (most of them in the back), but other than that, everything's okay.

i'll still think twice before ordering from them again. they never apologized for the backorder mix-up and shipping 4 boxed items in an envelope is just bush league (i wonder if they ship everything that way??). however, they came thru in the end, and before Christmas no less, so they get points for that. good luck to everyone else who ordered.

[quote name='databuild']Got my Hori controllers today. The order arrived before Christmas, so I'm satisfied.[/quote]

I just got mine today as well.

Really suprised since they had "backoredred" them earlier like a lot of other people's orders.

May get a chance to play with them on the Wii with VC games in a few days (friend got a Wii, I couldn't get one) so if I do I will report then.

yeah im waiting for classic controller to come into stock. nothing beats official nintendo brand gear. too bad the classic controller is not included when you buy 5000 wii points in japan

agreed. they're 1st party quality, all the way. i just gave out mine (well, the latest ones i ordered) as gifts, and the receivers were quite happy.

USPS delivers on Sunday as an extra special service to their customers. According to my cousin (Postal Carrier) it is only priority and better packages though. His branch was closed on Christmas day, but he did say other locations delivered on Christmas as well.

bread's done
Back