Hori Fight Stick EX2 for 360 39.99 at Gamestop

Chlorox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Title says it all I thought this was a pretty good deal myself. I've been looking all over for a decent option to play Street Fighter IV with and this by far was the best deal.

For the same price as one of the fight pads you can get your own stick:
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=42265

There's the link I know it says Virtua fighter 5 stick but it varies by location on what they actually have. So check the site see if a store near you has got one my store only had 2 left and i was quick to jump on that deal.

P.S. I really like the Fight Stick it takes a little getting use to but seems to be a really great quality product.

[quote name='Keeks750']Can anyone provide the 6 digit sju for me? I probably starts with an 801 or 802. Thanks.[/quote]

And thanks to the OP for letting me know about the price drop on this; I've got two en route to a store nearby.

Closest store to me that had one is 30 miles away.. and they sold it yesterday..

Finding an arcade stick is becoming ridiculous.. everyone is buying them up and putting them on ebay for insane prices.

had to drive an hour to get one. It was one that clearly had been returned by a previous owner, but it seems to work fine. It's made me want to put down some money for a TE stick when they are available again

Thanks OP, got one today. Glad to burn some of the credit I've got built up there.
Enjoying SF IV, but I am new to the genre and hope to fight stick will help learn the ropes of how to play beyond button mashing.
I have one other store locally to check and see if they have it in stock. I'll report back to CAG if I come across another.

So if I get one of these and put a Square gate on the stick, it will work well for games like Pac-Man? Is that something I can just slip over the top?

[quote name='anandxxx']So if I get one of these and put a Square gate on the stick, it will work well for games like Pac-Man? Is that something I can just slip over the top?[/quote]

The EX2 is already a square gate...As far as i can tell old school games should work fine...I mean i played Bomberman & works awesome before i sold both my sticks...

I would strongly suggest adding a octagonal gate if you plan to play the old SF Hyper Fighting & SF HD remix...SFIV worked great though when i entered that Gamestop tournament...Not as good as the Madcatz SE stick but its half the price so yeah i would definately recommend to people on a budget who aren't hardcore fighters...

[quote name='anandxxx']So if I get one of these and put a Square gate on the stick, it will work well for games like Pac-Man? Is that something I can just slip over the top?[/quote]

I thought this one already has a square gate in it.

--edit--
rcaido answered before me

Oh, really? I thought someone said earlier in the thread that it was crappy for Pac-Man: CE, and the like. Maybe I was thinking of another thread. So this stick works well for old-school arcade games?

If so, I'll go pick it up, posthaste. I'm probably more into those than fighters, anyway.

EDIT: Oh, I just checked. It WAS this thread. Is a four-way gate different than a square gate?? Jesus, this is so confusing. I was going to pick up a FightPad, but the build quality seems suspect. Maybe I'll do that D-Pad mod, instead.

What a great day. Found that a store about 30 miles away had one, called before they closed and asked if they could hold it for me till the morning. They did! Then as I was going to leave and drive out there, I checked online to see if another shop got one, and another one did. Too bad it was 11 miles the other direction. So, called THAT store, asked them to hold it for me and of course they did. About 82 miles and an hour later, I'm sitting here with two new fight sticks. Great find!

Nonmox, that wouldn't be a store in the North East/CT area now would it :whistle2:D I have my eyes on a store from my area that I want to go and grab after work.

Well, I had one crazy experience in my hunt for one of these sticks the past two days. When I checked gamestop.com 2 days ago, I was amazed to find that one of my two local stores allegedly had one in stock. So, I went by there yesterday and couldn't find it anywhere. I asked the girl behind the counter if they had any, and she said "No. We don't. I'm sorry." I said "darn" and went home.

I wasn't terribly shocked though because as most people know, the stock locator isn't always accurate. But I did keep checking it, waiting for it to update and remove that store from the list. Fast forward to this morning around 11 am. The stock locator STILL shows my store as having one there. This is just eating away at me, so I decide to give it one more shot. I go by. Same girl is working. I inquire about the stick again, this time asking if she could look up where the closest store that has one is.

She asks me exactly what I'm looking for. I say "Hori EX2". And she says "Well...there's something about that one. Hold on." She goes to talk to one of the managers there and comes back and tells me "Yeah, we have one, but it's being held for a tournament the other store is doing." I'm like "What??? That sucks." And she says "Yeah, well he's calling their manager to ask about it, so hang on." I wait a couple minutes, and out walks my new hero with the EX2 in his hand.

I thanked both of them profusely, made my payment, and got the hell out of there. The difference playing Street Fighter with this stick versus the controller is insane. I can actually do Supers now!!! Before I left the store, I told them to tell the other store manager he can do his tournament with the 360 d-pad. They laughed.

I'm really glad I was able to buy this thing. If I had gotten a final answer of "Sorry, it's being held for an employee", I would have called GS corporate (on the other store of course). This is the 2nd time in two months I've been given that answer. Don't get me wrong, I can accept "first dibs" being a job perk...but my problem is with "holding" stuff.

If you want it, BUY IT. It's shady as hell trying to just hide something so you can use it, and then turn around and put it back on the shelf later. The stupid part is considering how rare these sticks have become, he could have bought the damn thing, used it for his tournament, and then sold it on ebay...and he probably would have doubled his money. I'm just thankful that I had a couple employees who could recognize that they were turning away business just so somebody could play with the toys. Call me crazy, but I don't think corporate would have been thrilled about that.

I just sold 2 of those sticks 2 weeks ago for less then $60shipped...I look at ebay & they are going over $100 :bomb: Plus it was modded too :bomb::bomb::bomb:

[quote name='rcaido']I just sold 2 of those sticks 2 weeks ago for less then $60shipped...I look at ebay & they are going over $100 :bomb: Plus it was modded too :bomb::bomb::bomb:[/quote]

I can just picture you doing the same exact thing as your avatar :rofl:

I was lucky enough to get the last one near me. It looked like someone did a dragon punch to the box and was covered with thick dust, but it still works fine. Great stick for the money.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Call me crazy, but I don't think corporate would have been thrilled about that.[/QUOTE]

I think Corporate could probably care less if a stick like that was sold for that cheap. All they seem to care about are buying/selling used items and selling membership cards and warranties.

Just called 2 different places that were listed as having them in Maryland, and neither of them did. So yea, definitely call ahead and don't trust the stock locator.

Looks like I'll be stuck with the 360 controller for a good long while.

I trust the stock indicator more than the employees. I went to a gamestop up the road from me and told them online it showed a live retro stick. They both laughed at me and checked, then went in the back and brought it out.

Its fucked up that you have to go there and tell them they have shit and they just dont even want to look for it.

[quote name='fluc02']Just called 2 different places that were listed as having them in Maryland, and neither of them did. So yea, definitely call ahead and don't trust the stock locator.

Looks like I'll be stuck with the 360 controller for a good long while.[/QUOTE]

I can vouch for this in the case of Maryland , a lot of stores on the list don't have it and that was after I went there in person just to double check.

Yeah never trust an employee for anything on the phone...Most of the time they are just lazy & dont want to bother checking...

Awesome deal, i called up the closest one to me that said they had it in stock, in which they had one so i had them hold it for me. When i got their they actually had 2 of them so i bought both of them for $48 after trading in 2 games. They also had the SF SE fighting stick 360 but it was on reserve. :cry:

[quote name='Ronin317']I'm not sure why everyone bashes this stick like it's some $10 piece of shit from Nuby or something like those DragonBall sticks that float around ebay and woot.

It's definitely not as good as some of the other choices, but for the price, it can't be beat. Unless you're playing competitions and are very very particular about arcade parts, which is perfectly fine, there's nothing wrong with it. The quality is not "arcade" perfect, nor are they made to put up with the abuse an arcade cabinet gets, but it will DEFINITELY make your experience with arcade titles and fighting games much better than with the standard d-pad on the 360 controllers.[/QUOTE]

you can mod it...but i heard modding was a little tough on these sticks....and ir was easier on the madcatz SE stick.

[quote name='addicted2games']My closest GS has one according to the locater. Going to check it out tomorrow.[/quote]

Give them a call and have them hold it for you if they do, that is what i did just to be on the safe side.

One around me has one, they are holding it and I'm going to go check it out here in about an hour. Hope it's not beat up.

[quote name='integralsmatic']you can mod it...but i heard modding was a little tough on these sticks....and ir was easier on the madcatz SE stick.[/quote]

It's not that bad. I had never modified any sticks before, and I got this modded without any problems on my first try.

I have been using these sticks almost nonstop since the game came out. For any of you on the fence, they have worked out great for me. I can do a crossup to an ultra perfectly ;).

wheres the cheapest place to get the parts to update the stick? Lizardlick seems to be the only place that stocks them all

I am having trouble with mine doing consistent hadokens going when you're character is on the left side , and shooting it right.... however, when doing it from the opposite side i have no problems at all

pretty frustrating but, could just be an isolated case with mine

[quote name='hurley7715']I am having trouble with mine doing consistent hadokens going when you're character is on the left side , and shooting it right.... however, when doing it from the opposite side i have no problems at all

pretty frustrating but, could just be an isolated case with mine[/quote]

Or it could be you just need to adjust to playing on the other side of the screen :joystick:

[quote name='Chlorox']Or it could be you just need to adjust to playing on the other side of the screen :joystick:[/QUOTE]

Heh yeah no kidding, I can only consistently do stuff on the left right now and that has nothing to do with the stick, just my own sucking.

The store inventory checker is wrong. I went to Meriden, CT and they claimed they haven't had these for months. Spoke to the store manager and complained. He was VERY nice and apologied many times, calling four other stores. I don't wanna drive for an hour just for a stick, looks like I'm going the route of eBay or gonna pre-order a sf one.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']The store inventory checker is wrong. I went to Meriden, CT and they claimed they haven't had these for months. Spoke to the store manager and complained. He was VERY nice and apologied many times, calling four other stores. I don't wanna drive for an hour just for a stick, looks like I'm going the route of eBay or gonna pre-order a sf one.[/quote]

Same here. Inventory said there was one only 12 miles away, so I decided to go check it out and get some food on the way back. I asked the employees if they had any arcade sticks at all and they said no.

[quote name='hurley7715']I am having trouble with mine doing consistent hadokens going when you're character is on the left side , and shooting it right.... however, when doing it from the opposite side i have no problems at all

pretty frustrating but, could just be an isolated case with mine[/quote]
the other night it was the exact opposite for me. shooting left from the right. I chalked it up to being sleepy though, cuz...I've been hadokening all my life. :p we'll see though. if it feels like that next time I play, perhaps the stick is getting a little finicky.

For other Marylanders--I went to Power Gamer II in Glen Burnie and was able to find a brand new Hori Real Arcade Pro EX stick for the 360. They didn't have any EX2s and this stick is quite a bit more pricey (I paid $150). I would say it's worth the price, this thing is absolute quality.

Not sure how many they were stocking so make sure you call ahead. They also had a fairly large stock of imported Hori SF4 sticks for the PS3, and they might have had some cheaper models of 360 stick, I only asked about the EX2. When I called the employee was quite knowledgable and knew instantly what they had off the top of his head.

make sure to call before you head out to the store from the store locator. I've also been told that it can be highly inaccurate.

[quote name='coolsteel']:lol: Dumping it already?[/quote]

Aint nothing wrong with it.. it's just that I got my TE yesterday and it's a bit nicer. :D

how did you guys find this on Gamestop's website to check stock? I tried searching for the controllers and it does not pull up anything for the SFIV edition of anything? :whistle2:k

bread's done
Back