Hori Fighting Commander 4 Controller PS3/PS4 $29.97 @ Gamestop

JoshTX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
For those who enjoy playing fighting games with a gamepad controller, this one is probably the best. Saw it on clearance at GS for $29.97 (original MSRP $44.99). Deal appears to be online as well. Looks to be the cheapest price at the moment. After playing Street Fighter 4 with one of these, I haven't gone back to the standard controllers. 

http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/fighting-commander-4-controller/123451

If you are on the fence, here's a detailed written review of the controller:

http://www.theouterhaven.net/2015/07/review-horis-fighting-commander-4-controller-ps4ps3/

I bought this one today and I'll be getting the Madcatz as well. Want to see which one is better but I hope some day, someone just makes a freaking regular 6 button controller like the Saturn. Don't understand all this one side being longer than the other, giant buttons, and etc. Just make a regular freaking 6 button controller, geez. I still have my PS2 Saturn pad that I use on my PS3, sadly it doesn't work on a PS4 with the adapter. I have the MK 6 button controller too but that one is built like crap. Other than that, looking forward to using these two pads.
Actually it looks like Hori did release a Fighting Commander fightpad last month with a better design:

41docm-ca5l._sl1500_.jpg

Sounds like it was released in Japan only for now, but Play-Asia is selling them for $29.99 and it says PC/PS3/PS4 on the description. Of course the cheapest shipping option is like $8-9 I think, but I like this design more so I may end up ordering this instead (unless of course it somehow doesn't work on American PS3's and PS4's).

Actually it looks like Hori did release a Fighting Commander fightpad last month with a better design:

41docm-ca5l._sl1500_.jpg

Sounds like it was released in Japan only for now, but Play-Asia is selling them for $29.99 and it says PC/PS3/PS4 on the description. Of course the cheapest shipping option is like $8-9 I think, but I like this design more so I may end up ordering this instead (unless of course it somehow doesn't work on American PS3's and PS4's).
If the dpad is good, this looks like it would make a great pc controller for older games

Do they make one for the Xbox consoles besides the flawed Mortal Kombat one? I need one with 6 face buttons for Killer Instinct. In for one for the Sony consoles though. Thanks OP.

People seem to say this is pretty good for games like street fighter, is it any good for 3d fighters like dead or alive?

Do they make one for the Xbox consoles besides the flawed Mortal Kombat one? I need one with 6 face buttons for Killer Instinct. In for one for the Sony consoles though. Thanks OP.
Nope the Hori FC pads are Sony exclusive.

People seem to say this is pretty good for games like street fighter, is it any good for 3d fighters like dead or alive?
If you like using the d-pad instead of the analog stick to play fighting games, then this should be fine assuming you don't mind having two additional face buttons. DOA doesn't really need six face buttons, it's really up to you if you don't like the standard PS3/4 or Xbox 360/One controllers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ended up returning mine. The D-Pad had some weird resistance when I pushed the top and right buttons, which was annoying. And also whenever I rotated the D-Pad it literally required you to basically mash the button down full force for it to register, which was of course unplayable for any fighting game.

I'll probably end up getting one of the new SFV ones if the reviews are good

I own one and I will say it's great for 2D fighters but not 3D. And it works quite well on PS3 as well as PS4. I have personally tested it on Darkstakers Resurrection, Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition and Chaos Code on PS3 along with the PS2 version of Capcom vs SNK 2 from PSN. It only made Dead or Alive 2 more cumbersome.

bread's done
Back