Hori Fighting Stick 3 FS3 for PS3 - back down to $29.99 at GS

xx2541

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
I just picked up the Hori FS3 stick for PS3 at Gamestop. The price has universally dropped back down to $29.99 from $39.99 (which dropped from $59.99 when this stick launched).

The Gamestop SKU for this stick is : 802608

Good Luck! :)

[quote name='hothitter']Thanks.[/quote]

no problem, good luck finding one. Luckily I had one store with it in about 20 minutes away but the other two results they came up with were like 2 hours away. I think these things are pretty scarce at gamestop anymore

[quote name='Pegleg Joe']Any other recommendations for a cheap first-time ps3 stick? I'm picking up SFIV and wanted to do it right.[/quote]

If you're any good with the woodwork, you could consider making your own. The parts themselves aren't particularly expensive.

[quote name='tianxia']If you're any good with the woodwork, you could consider making your own. The parts themselves aren't particularly expensive.[/quote]

Is it possible to make one that is PS3 BC compatible? Whats the best controller to gut for a custom stick for PS3?

Second thought I remember how miserable it was to make one for the DC (although, Timberland shoe box are quite sturdy)...

[quote name='dejeckt']Is it possible to make one that is PS3 BC compatible? Whats the best controller to gut for a custom stick for PS3?

Second thought I remember how miserable it was to make one for the DC (although, Timberland shoe box are quite sturdy)...[/quote]

The user toodles over at shoryuken.com makes a couple of boards that work with ps3 BC games that are also pretty much the easiest and cheapest way to get a ps3 stick.

Unfortunately I'm terrible with wood and have few tools. I might just ebay or amazon the Hori stick as 70 is too much for me to spend right off the bat.

[quote name='Pegleg Joe']Unfortunately I'm terrible with wood and have few tools. I might just ebay or amazon the Hori stick as 70 is too much for me to spend right off the bat.[/quote]

Well, the only other alternative is to get the Street Fighter fightpad or whatever it's called, which is hardly an alternative at all considering it's basically just a glorified Saturn controller.

Yeah I might just go with the cheaper SFIV stick cause I have a $20 Amazon certificate and do the $54 SFIV deal. Thanks for the help.

Got one over the weekend. The price on the box was $39.99, but I asked them to price check it and it came up in the system at the $29.99 price. Tried it on SSFIITHD and it works pretty well. Now I just need Street Fighter IV to be released.

Just got this today. The 1st Gamestop that I went to after looking at availability online didn't have it. Thankfully, the Gamestop across the street had it. Kind of funny that there are four Gamestops on the same one mile road near my house.

I tried it on SFIIHD, but it took a while to get a Hadoken out. I tried it on MvC2, and it was almost like playing it in the arcade. I will probably try Soul Caliber 4 next. Can't wait to try it on SFIV.

For those of you guys who are thinking about getting this or another arcade stuck but don't know what to look for or whether they should care, I'd just like to inform everyone that the Hori FS3 has a square restrictor gate (the range of motion is shaped like a square). In comparison, the X-Arcade has a circular gate, which may feel a bit more natural to some. If you've tried playing fighters using the Logitech thumbsticks, you should know what I'm talking about.

For me, the shape of the restrictor gate is the biggest issue (I'm not really used to a square gate), since the stick is other quite sturdy and the parts are all pretty sturdy despite not being genuine arcade parts. It's not a cheap plastic stick, if that's what you're worrying about, the body and stick are made of metal and the entire thing as a whole has a very solid feel to it. The square gate isn't necessarily a problem either, since it operates off the basic principle that all eight directions are given equal throw, making it easier to do diagonals while UDLR are still fairly easy to hit.

http://www.slagcoin.com/joystick/restrictors.html

This is a good read regarding restrictor gates. Note that while it does discuss octagonal gates, no good arcade sticks that I know of have them, so you'd have to mod them in no matter which stick you got.

The square gate threw me off at first. As I have no real arcade experience to speak of, I've just gotten used to square gate, and it seems that's what's preferred in Japan.

weird...don't most arcade cabinets have octagonal/circular gates? Or in the U.S. atleast? I'm probably wrong thou, haven't played one in a few years now...

[quote name='riddler']weird...don't most arcade cabinets have octagonal/circular gates? Or in the U.S. atleast? I'm probably wrong thou, haven't played one in a few years now...[/quote]

yeah, i don't think i've ever seen an arcade machine with a square gate.

From what I've gleaned from the shoryuken.com forums it seems circular and octagonal are popular in America while square is popular in Japan. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

^Jap cabs come with square, hardcore players tend to like square, i like octagon

edit: actually I should say GG and 3S players seem to prefer square and sanwa/seimitsu parts, MvC2 players tend to like round and Happ parts

[quote name='Slartibartfast']^Jap cabs come with square, hardcore players tend to like square, i like octagon

edit: actually I should say GG and 3S players seem to prefer square and sanwa/seimitsu parts, MvC2 players tend to like round and Happ parts[/quote]

Are you trying to imply that MvC2 players are somehow inferior to GG/3S players?

[quote name='tianxia']Are you trying to imply that MvC2 players are somehow inferior to GG/3S players?[/quote]

No that's just the way it is. The quick return on happ parts lends itself to MvC2 combos and most high level players use happ.

So i just got the EX2 for 360 at a local gamestop. This stick was in good shape and the box was not beat up. My only problem is that the joy stick still spins in its housing. Is this normal? The two Hori EX2's I have tried both have this issue and I would like to correct it if possible. I really want this stick to9 work for me as I only spent $40 on it. Much better than teh other options of $150 or $80

Thanks

Thank you SOOOO MUCH to the OP!!!

Thanks to you, I am the proud owner of one of the last FS3s in NJ. If I didn't have the SKU number, they probably wouldn't have found it. It was in the back and the box had some water damage on it but the stick was fine. I was planning on getting one of the fight pads for my friends to use since I already have my Hori Real Arcade Pro modded with Seimitsu buttons and bubble top. But since this was $10 cheaper than the fight pad, it was a no brainer.

This stick is much better than I expected. My HRAP3 has a Sanwa stick and the Hori one on this unit is VERY close to the Sanwa. The only way I could tell was by using the Sanwa first then going to this. This is a great deal.

I am SOOOOOO READY FOR STREET FIGHTER IV!!!

HRAP3__007.jpg

HRAP3__003-1.jpg

Finally got the Ex2 thanks to the stock locator today, I thought for sure this would be another bust with Street Fighter 4 out and even those sticks starting to go for 100 on ebay but there it was.

Man I've been trying to get another one of these for PS2 backwards compatibility but there are none anywhere close to me. I've called Gamestops way far away in attempts to get them to do an inter-store transfer and I've gotten nowhere.

Anyone have one close to them they'd be willing to pick up and ship to me?
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=64248
I'd cover cost and shipping of course. If this isn't the best place to ask should I post in the trading forum or the request a game deal forum?

[quote name='Ragnorok64']Man I've been trying to get another one of these for PS2 backwards compatibility but there are none anywhere close to me. I've called Gamestops way far away in attempts to get them to do an inter-store transfer and I've gotten nowhere.

Anyone have one close to them they'd be willing to pick up and ship to me?
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=64248
I'd cover cost and shipping of course. If this isn't the best place to ask should I post in the trading forum or the request a game deal forum?[/QUOTE]

I hate to break the bad news to you, but for a month or so, you're looking at spending $100+ for any PS3 or 360 compatible arcade fighting stick, even the cheap ones like this.

End of April is when I'd expect to see some deals on SF4 Fighting Sticks or Hori Fighting Stick EX2's.

[quote name='NamelessMC']I hate to break the bad news to you, but for a month or so, you're looking at spending $100+ for any PS3 or 360 compatible arcade fighting stick, even the cheap ones like this.

End of April is when I'd expect to see some deals on SF4 Fighting Sticks or Hori Fighting Stick EX2's.[/quote]
Yeah I know. I'd exhausted all my options for finding a stick at a Gamestop since no one seems to actually want to do an inter-store transfer, but I figured I might as well throw it out there.

I have one already, as well as a SFIV SE stick but only Madcatz stick isn't backwards compatible with my 60gb PS3 while the FS3 is.

My current FS3 is out of commition as I started modding it when I ordered some sanwa arcade parts, only for there to be a worldwide shortage of Sanwa arcade sticks!

bread's done
Back