Hori GameCube Retro Controllers - $15 @ Nintendo World Store

Condor_

CAGiversary!
Feedback
76 (100%)
The Nintendo World Store in NYC has a bunch of black Hori retro controllers for $14.99. I already bought an indigo one a while back but I figure if you guys needed one, now you know where to find them.

If you can't get to the store, and don't mind paying $22 shipped, I recently bought the controller at play-asia.

Edit: nm, judy's link is much cheaper.

[quote name='b3b0p']So, can anyone expand on what this store is like?

What kinds of stuff do they sell besides the obvious?[/QUOTE]

It's pretty cool.... there are 2 floors like the old Pokemon Center. The 1st floor is dedicated to Pokemon stuff and Gameboy Advance/DS games. There are several demo stations where you can play the newer games.

The second floor is dedicated to the Gamecube. There are several gamecube demo stations as well as a room where you can sit in a chair and play. I've already gone several times to play Street 3 with one of my friends. They also have a sort of Nintendo museum where they have several versions of the SP on display. They also have that gameboy that survived Desert Storm and was featured on Nintendo Power back in the day. All in all, it's a pretty cool place, but I don't think I'll be buying games there.

[quote name='encendido5']It's pretty cool.... there are 2 floors like the old Pokemon Center. The 1st floor is dedicated to Pokemon stuff and Gameboy Advance/DS games. There are several demo stations where you can play the newer games.

The second floor is dedicated to the Gamecube. There are several gamecube demo stations as well as a room where you can sit in a chair and play. I've already gone several times to play Street 3 with one of my friends. They also have a sort of Nintendo museum where they have several versions of the SP on display. They also have that gameboy that survived Desert Storm and was featured on Nintendo Power back in the day. All in all, it's a pretty cool place, but I don't think I'll be buying games there.[/QUOTE]

I remember reading about that gameboy, thats sweet. I'd like to see it in person. Apparently it still works too.

[quote name='StealthGear']I remember reading about that gameboy, thats sweet. I'd like to see it in person. Apparently it still works too.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it does. They have it plugged in and running Tetris. The only thing wrong with the screen is there are three missing horizontal lines. Not bad though for what it's been through.

The Hori Digital (or "Retro") Controller is awesome...

I have high hopes of it working with the Revolution for all those downloaded NES/SNES games... :)

Yeah, they have several figurines including pokemon and even some R/C Mario Karts. I haven't really seen any posters, but they do have Nintendo clothes, hats, bags, pens, etc. The best item there though was a limited edition Gold Zelda edition SP signed by Miyamoto. There was no way I would have bought it at $400 though. They're all sold out now though so I can't even be tempted.

I gotta go check out the Nintendo store.
I haven't been there yet, but might as well pre-order Zelda for the shirt and get one of those Hori GameCube Retro Controllers.

Meteos is releasing soon.
BTW, do you know if they sell Alien Hominid there?
Best game to play with the Hori pad :eek:

[quote name='encendido5'] They also have a sort of Nintendo museum where they have several versions of the SP on display. They also have that gameboy that survived Desert Storm and was featured on Nintendo Power back in the day. .[/QUOTE]

that gameboy was one of the coolest things i've ever seen. i was very impressed with the fact that it still worked and was running tetris.

bread's done
Back