HORI marvel vs capcom 3 fightstick ps3/360 - 109.99

[quote name='thetruth1983']My heart skipped a beat because I thought this was the Mad Catz TE version.[/QUOTE]

me too I prefer madcatz over HORI, thread title was EXTREMELLLLY MISLEADING

For all you stick pros, what makes MadCatz sticks better than HORIs? I thought Sanwa parts are the best?

Also, do they make any of these that work with both systems? Some peeps I play with play it on different systems. Would rather not have to buy two just for that.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']For all you stick pros, what makes MadCatz sticks better than HORIs? I thought Sanwa parts are the best?
[/QUOTE]

I think that was the confusion, people thinking this stick uses Hori parts and not Sanwa parts.

with street fighter vs tekken tanking, if you're on the market for highend fightstick, wait just a little while until madcatz stick to drop in price.

at 110, still might be a little steep.

[quote name='SpeedBrkr']I think that was the confusion, people thinking this stick uses Hori parts and not Sanwa parts.[/QUOTE]

This, after TEs sold so well Hori couldn't compete with their fake parts. Even the cord mimic design is now done with Hori. Hori finally decided to install all Sanwa parts in their sticks.

The only thing I dislike about Hori sticks is the artwork. It isn't covered with a plexi. I think the cord may be a bit shorter compared to TE's. Also according to the amazon reviewers this stick is 2lbs lighter even though its longer compared to a Madcatz TE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB-ukjb5Vaw

Last edited by a moderator:
CaoPi,

Hori has been putting sanwa parts in multiple lines or fightstick in the past. They have even used seimitsu on quite a few x360 sticks as well too. They have some sticks where they use their own parts (which is WAY WAY better than generic Madcatz parts) and those are excellent as well. I have own 3 hori sticks now. My first one did not have sanwa parts but felt just like one. I have this stick but the V3-SA version. I dual modded it myself and it has been working flawless. The stick is a lot lighter than the TE sticks for sure but that doesn't make it slide around on your lap or on a surface. The only real complain people have with this stick is the Start button. But I have no problem with it. Great stick for $110.

Tax for us new yorkers is ten bucks with free-late-ass shipping. Came $120 bucks total for me. I'll wait for another price reduction later on.

Hmm...looks awesome, but I think I made the right choice with the Hori Soul Calibur V stick, based on that youtube review, although the design is better then Soul Calibur's, plus I'm a cheap bastard and $10 off from the sale price Hori was selling these things awhile back is a bargain :p

I've had tons of both Madcatz & Hori sticks so this is my non-biased opinion...

Between a MC TE & a Hori V3-SA (or in this case, the MvC3 version), I prefer the Hori case design since it feels more comfy after an extended duration & also has those side overhangs (aka grab handles). Both use Sanwa parts (JLF & OBSF-30 for main 8) so you can't really go wrong either way. The 1.45-pounds isn't too noticeable although Madcatz has the advantage here. I prefer the Vewlix layout over the Namco Noir (arcade cabinet) aka Sega Astro/Blast City layout but that's just me. Specs:

Weight: 6.25-pounds (TE) vs 4.8-pounds (V3-SA & MvC3) vs 6.4-pounds (Hori SC5)

USB cable length: 13-ft (TE) vs 9.8-ft (both Hori's)

Thanks op.
thgbn

[quote name='Nucking Futs!']I've had tons of both Madcatz & Hori sticks so this is my non-biased opinion...

Between a MC TE & a Hori V3-SA (or in this case, the MvC3 version), I prefer the Hori case design since it feels more comfy after an extended duration & also has those side overhangs (aka grab handles). Both use Sanwa parts (JLF & OBSF-30 for main 8) so you can't really go wrong either way. The 1.45-pounds isn't too noticeable although Madcatz has the advantage here. I prefer the Vewlix layout over the Namco Noir (arcade cabinet) aka Sega Astro/Blast City layout but that's just me. Specs:

Weight: 6.25-pounds (TE) vs 4.8-pounds (V3-SA & MvC3) vs 6.4-pounds (Hori SC5)

USB cable length: 13-ft (TE) vs 9.8-ft (both Hori's)[/QUOTE]

They both have the Vewlix layout in this case. The hori SC5 stick is the one with the noir layout. So between the TE and this UMVC3 stick there pretty much no different beside the look and the pcb lol.

[quote name='luan87us']They both have the Vewlix layout in this case. The hori SC5 stick is the one with the noir layout. So between the TE and this UMVC3 stick there pretty much no different beside the look and the pcb lol.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I know the Madcatz TE & Hori V3-SA (UMvC3) both have a Vewlix layout. I was referring to the SC5 sticks for the Namco Noir (Sega Astro/Blast City) layout since the previous poster was talking about the SC5 stick. :)

FWIW, these current TE's have a much more reliable PCB compared to the previous versions (gen 1 TE round 1 & round 2). Then again, I never had issues with my 3 gen1 TE's. I really don't remember the last time anyone had an issue with a Hori PCB but either way, both companies will take care of you if you do (assuming you're still in the warranty period).

[quote name='astr0boy']If you guys prefer an Astro City button layout, MadCatz is currently having a sale to compete with this Amazon deal. They're offering their Soul Calibur V Soul Edition stick which has a Namco 'Noir'/Sega "Astro City" button layout.

I personally prefer MadCatz sticks over Hori ones and its a slight bit cheaper.
See my thread for details.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9537018[/QUOTE]

Actually, it's going to be roughly the same price or slightly higher for the Madcatz SC5 TE stick since the Gameshark (Madcatz) online store charges shipping and possibly tax (depending on which state you live in).

bread's done
Back