Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 - $107 shipped! CHEAPEST ANYWHERE!

MarkMan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Looking for a PS3 arcade stick? Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 for the CHEAPEST price ANYWHERE!

391396119_14634412f3_o.jpg

High-Score Online! is selling the HRAP3 for $107 shipped to anywhere in the continental United States. Compare that to $130-140 everywhere else!

Here's a link to purchase:
http://high-scoreonline.com/store/hori-real-arcade-pro-3/

Check out MY review here:
http://sdtekken.com/tech-area/arcade-sticks/ps3-hrap3/hori-real-arcade-pro-3-review/

[quote name='MarkMan']Looking for a PS3 arcade stick? Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 for the CHEAPEST price ANYWHERE!

391396119_14634412f3_o.jpg

High-Score Online! is selling the HRAP3 for $107 shipped to anywhere in the continental United States. Compare that to $130-140 everywhere else!

Here's a link to purchase:
http://high-scoreonline.com/store/hori-real-arcade-pro-3/

Check out MY review here:
http://sdtekken.com/tech-area/arcade-sticks/ps3-hrap3/hori-real-arcade-pro-3-review/[/QUOTE]
I know you're an actual member and not a spammer, but that was written brillantly as though it were spam.

Friend of Sonic: no, he just loves fighting games and it shows! Visit the fighting thread once in a while and you'll see his love and knowledge for fighters. That, and I think fighting game lovers are waay more passionate than others...sometimes even devoting themselves to one game as if it was a real martial art!!! Okay, just kidding, but no, he's probably the most respected regular on the fighting thread and that tekken site he posted is HUUGE

But seriously...if I get this that means I've spent $660..$60..$110...$830 just to play Virtua Fighter..

STILL CHEAPER THAN AN ARCADE CABINET!!!!!

Also, friend of sonic, you should play some fighters, even if you suck [like I tend to in everything but Soul Calibur and Alpha] fighting games are still a blast especially if you can get some competition going.

$107 shipped is a good deal. Although the stick itself isn't too expensive, getting it imported to the US tacks on at least another $40-50...

[quote name='sarausagi']Friend of Sonic: no, he just loves fighting games and it shows! Visit the fighting thread once in a while and you'll see his love and knowledge for fighters. That, and I think fighting game lovers are waay more passionate than others...sometimes even devoting themselves to one game as if it was a real martial art!!! Okay, just kidding, but no, he's probably the most respected regular on the fighting thread and that tekken site he posted is HUUGE

But seriously...if I get this that means I've spent $660..$60..$110...$830 just to play Virtua Fighter..

Also, friend of sonic, you should play some fighters, even if you suck [like I tend to in everything but Soul Calibur and Alpha] fighting games are still a blast especially if you can get some competition going.[/QUOTE]
I know, that's why I said, "I know you're a real member"
His post just sounded comically like an advertisement. Still a legitimate deal and I never said otherwise or questioned his intentions. And why do you assume I don't play fighters...?

damnit, ive been looking forever and decided to get a VSHG imported through a local shop. I think i might jump on this but High Score Online NEVER responds to my emails :bomb:

thanks for the heads up...but c'mon, this is in like 3 forums now, with the same wording in each post. That's like 1 step away from spam. :lol:

Just a heads up I spoke to some of the guys that runs High Score Online, they're email exchange server is wacked right now since they've been migrating servers. So if you guys have questions or emailed them and didn't get a respond, hit him up on AIM. His SN is yang858 or you can try emailing his alternative email, [email protected].

If this stick is anything like the SF Anniversary stick (it appears to of similar build quality with similar components) then it will be a nice choice for those looking for an authentic arcade feel and control. However, $100+ is a hefty price to pay, considering the SF Anniversary stick (when available @ retail) was $59.99

I'm not sure if I like the curved buttons - personally I prefer my lines in a straight line, even if less ergonomic, but I can see how some people would like this better. I can't tell how solid/heavy the casing looks from the pictures, but you might also want to open it up and weigh it down with a metal plate attached to the inside of the unit's bottom.

On the other hand, the SF Anniversary stick is quite large and not as convenient for "lap-play". This isn't a factor for me since I prefer playing on a table; again, it all comes down to personal preference.

Can a PS2 controller connected through a converter work on a PS3 game? If this is possible, this controller looks exactly like the Hori PS2 arcade stick. Pretty sure you can still pick up Tekken 5 CE for around $30, which includes the controller.

I might get this but alas I recall the HRAP 3 does not work in PS2/PSX mode yet my Pelican adapter does. Great deal if you do not own any Joysticks or looking for a great USB joystick for all of the killer doujin shmups and fighters, please support copyright by purchasing doujin games from fine websites like Paletweb or Himeya Shop

[quote name='Knoxximus']I've seen this stick at Fry's on the shelf for $60 or so.[/QUOTE]

I saw it today at my local GS for $69.99.

For those who don't know, the PS2 Street Fighter Anniversary stick doesn't work with the XFPS 360. I, for one, was highly dissapointed.

[quote name='brainmunch']If this stick is anything like the SF Anniversary stick (it appears to of similar build quality with similar components) then it will be a nice choice for those looking for an authentic arcade feel and control. However, $100+ is a hefty price to pay, considering the SF Anniversary stick (when available @ retail) was $59.99[/QUOTE]

The SF Anniversary stick is garbage. Sure, it looks like a real arcade stick and feels sturdy but that's about the only good thing about it. Diagonal moves are a lot harder to pull off than they should and the button action is weak too.

If you can mod it with a better stick and decent buttons, it can be a lot better. But out of the box it's pretty bad.

for those who have seen the sticks are Fry's/Gamestop, are you sure its the Hori Real Arcade Pro 3? This is imported only. I know Fry's sometimes will import random things, but i have not seen the HRAP 3 at 4 different Fry's in the Bay Area. Gamestop/EB Games will not import at all that i know of.

the ones that i seen Fry's are the Hori Fighting Stick 3 and go for $50. They look like this:

fighting-stick-3_52.jpg

[quote name='Giant Robot']for those who have seen the sticks are Fry's/Gamestop, are you sure its the Hori Real Arcade Pro 3? This is imported only. I know Fry's sometimes will import random things, but i have not seen the HRAP 3 at 4 different Fry's in the Bay Area. Gamestop/EB Games will not import at all that i know of.

the ones that i seen Fry's are the Hori Fighting Stick 3 and go for $50. They look like this:

fighting-stick-3_52.jpg
[/quote]

Is there really that big of a difference?

Just to let you all know, the Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 was never released in America. The Hori stick that you do see in GameStop/EBgames or Frys is called Hori Fighting Stick 3 and is not made with true authentic arcade parts. In fact both sticks look completely different. HRAP3 was made specifically for the fighting game fanatics and believe me, there's a huge difference in performance.

Also for Tekken players, VSHG is not a good choice as there's buffering issues and lag.

Hopes that clears everything up.

Honestly, I haven't heard much about the 360 stick. I think its cause there's not much to compare to and there hasn't been any other arcade stick for the 360 since the DOA4 one. So i guess it'll do till when and if they ever release another stick. Personally, I think it they should considering all the fighting games Xbox Live Arcade keeps getting.

Has anyone tried to order at this price yet?
I placed an order i think last Friday/Saturday. Never got any kind of email confirmation. Although i did get a hold of Henry? over IM, but i think he was on his Sidekick/Hiptop. He said they were slammed with orders this week and that mine would be going out (Yesterday) and emailed with tracking/shipping confirmation.....nothing yet:cry:

[quote name='Knoxximus']My bad...that IS the stick I saw.

A bit off topic....was the DOA4 stick for 360 any good to begin with?[/quote]

yea, playing DOA4 with the stick makes a huge difference and the response is excellent. i can beat that cheap last boss very easily compared with the standard controller. doing combos with it is a joy.

i've seen the regular Pro go for 60-80 online but ig uess this Pro 3 version is far superior judgin from the comments

[quote name='sarausagi']But seriously...if I get this that means I've spent $660..$60..$110...$830 just to play Virtua Fighter..

[/quote]

Where are you looking? You can get VF4 software and a full Naomi System for less than $600 and a decent candy cab for under $400 (if you look hard enough). But, if you're talking about VF5, you're right. It will be some time before the arcade version is affordable.

[quote name='gouki858']Also for Tekken players, VSHG is not a good choice as there's buffering issues and lag.
[/quote]
- This is the first post I've ever seen on the VSHG having lag. Is this specific to the Tekken games or is it also applicable to Virtua Fighter 5?

If you guys are lookin for a good xbox 360 stick, go with gopodular.com
Note I said good, not cheap...mine was like 260 shipped. I figure it was worth it since i've logged thousands of matches of hyper fighting on live. And the great thing is you can only blame yourself for losses hehe..

[quote name='tokerblue']- This is the first post I've ever seen on the VSHG having lag. Is this specific to the Tekken games or is it also applicable to Virtua Fighter 5?[/QUOTE]

The problem with the VSHG is only with T5DR.

It has problems to do with inputs.

[quote name='MarkMan']The problem with the VSHG is only with T5DR.

It has problems to do with inputs.[/quote]
- It's nice to see another AVS forum regular on CAG. :)

I just browsed around the Shoryuken forums and it seems a lot of people are attributing the input problem to the fact that the VSHG is going into analog mode for T5DR instead of digital mode. So the inputs have to be fully depressed to register.

Not a big deal though and doesn't seem like a reason to get rid of my two VSHG sticks.

I dunno if I can bite on this even if it is the cheapest the stick is gonna be for a while. I'll probably just get a converter for now and use the Tekken stick and pick this up when the PS3 has more fighters.

[quote name='MarkMan']IMO, it is a big deal if you're serious about Tekken, it makes the game almost unplayable at high levels.[/quote]
- Thanks. If it is only an issue for T5DR, then I'm OK with that since I'm a casual gamer when it comes to Tekken.

anyone still playing dead or alive 4 on live hit me up

screen name: ogbaka360

add to friend list and msg me to play... still need to get all the achievements thanks.

[quote name='Alcedes']If you guys are lookin for a good xbox 360 stick, go with gopodular.com
Note I said good, not cheap...mine was like 260 shipped. I figure it was worth it since i've logged thousands of matches of hyper fighting on live. And the great thing is you can only blame yourself for losses hehe..[/quote]
Thanks a million for that url! I will definitely be getting one of these with the 360 cart/encoder....especially with the SF Remix in the pipeline. I'm pretty sure whatever controller *might* come out won't even touch the ones at gopod!:applause:

So....I guess you're saying that it was indeed money well spent?

[quote name='brainmunch']If this stick is anything like the SF Anniversary stick (it appears to of similar build quality with similar components) then it will be a nice choice for those looking for an authentic arcade feel and control. However, $100+ is a hefty price to pay, considering the SF Anniversary stick (when available @ retail) was $59.99[/QUOTE]

You're completely ignoring the issue of quality. The SFAC stick does not use any real arcade parts, even though it's a nice design. The Hori stick uses a Sanwa joystick, often regarded as the best joystick in the world. The stick alone (with no controller or buttons) usually costs about $26 to import. I guarantee the clone stick found in the SFAC stick is worth $5 or so. Also, the SFAC stick was not an import - arcade joysticks cost a lot to ship; there's no way around that.

And yes, the Sega VF stick is better than the Hori, since it uses real Sanwa buttons too. You can still buy the Hori stick and add Sanwa buttons later on if you want.

Oh, here's a review of that $40 Fighting Stick 3 for PS3. It doesn't use real arcade parts, but it looks pretty moddable. If you get a Sanwa stick and some buttons, they're easy to install and you've got a better stick than the HRAP3 for less money too. Sanwa sticks are available for a good price from Ponboy at [email protected].
http://gear.ign.com/articles/766/766069p1.html

yeah I heard you can mod the Fighting Stick 3 as well, but why go through all that hassle when you can get a near arcade quality by sending close to the same amount in buying parts to mod the FS3.

EastX is correct on the SFAC, that stick is garbbage compare to anything Hori has made past, present, future.

Wow. That really does seem like a great deal. I finally got one of the PS2 - PS3 adapters from Fry's about 2 weeks ago, and I played about 18 matches of Tekken Dark Resurrection with my Tekken 5 joystick. Overall, I'd say it's more than adequate. Granted, I've never been the best arcade fighting gamer, so I don't expect the world out of the stick. But the buttons click well, the controls seem solid, and I don't think I've lost any games because of lag or anything like that... just poor play. ;)

All that said, I LOVE cool perpherials for my game systems, and if I hadn't gotten Tekken 5 LE with joystick for $29.99, I'd be ALL over this. Serious BUMP for a SUPER deal!!!

bread's done
Back