Hori Real Arcade Pro EX (XBOX 360) - Coming July 10th !

MarkMan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Hori Real Arcade Pro EX (XBOX 360) - Coming July 10th !

No pictures or details yet, just the announcement.

Hori of Japan has announced via Famitsu Magazine that they will be releasing their line of Hori Real Arcade Pro™ arcade sticks for the Xbox 360 on July 10th of this year.

Dubbed the Hori Real Arcade Pro™ EX.

More details as it comes!

--

This is good news for fighting game fans and those looking for a top notch arcade stick!

YES!!!!!! We need a good stick for the 360!

Battle Fantasia
Guilty Gear 2
SFIV
MK vs DC
KOF 12

SHIT!!!!!!!!

Hori already made arcade sticks for the 360. Infact I have both of them one was a DOA4 edition and the other was a VF4 edition. So what makes this new one different?

thats my question I already have a hori arcade stick sitting at home that works just fine if this ones wireless I may trade in my old one for it but other than that I'd need a VERY compelling reason to trade up.

This one is far superior compared to the DOA4 and EX sticks.

http://www.hori.jp/products/xbox360/controller/realarc_pro_ex/

Except...

Retarded ass button layout for the FACE buttons on the arcade stick. Now this is the second stick to retardedly have this layout (First one was PS3 Fighting Stick 3).

The four main action button standard for arcade sticks curves up and to the right not down and to the right.

I will quickly move the four main action buttons to the left and change the quick disconnects when I get my pair of sticks.

fuck yes! i knew if i held off the real arcade would come for 360. Perfect fucking time for SCIV and SFIV and SoulCalibur on xbla. The hori real arcade pro was the best arcade stick i've ever used except maybe the old school dreamcast one. (or maybe its nastalgia)

[quote name='MarkMan']This one is far superior compared to the DOA4 and EX sticks.

http://www.hori.jp/products/xbox360/controller/realarc_pro_ex/

Except...

Retarded ass button layout for the FACE buttons on the arcade stick. Now this is the second stick to retardedly have this layout (First one was PS3 Fighting Stick 3).

The four main action button standard for arcade sticks curves up and to the right not down and to the right.

I will quickly move the four main action buttons to the left and change the quick disconnects when I get my pair of sticks.[/QUOTE]

Yeah wtf. Why are they doing that now? Is that the default in japan now or what?

realarc_pro_ex_01.jpg

realarc_pro_ex_02.jpg

realarc_pro_ex_03.jpg

realarc_pro_ex_04.jpg

realarc_pro_ex_05.jpg

realarc_pro_ex_06.jpg

realarc_pro_ex_07.jpg

My PS2 arcade stick has the button layout like that...I don't have a problem with it.

I find a lot of home arcade pads have goofy sticks, where it's almost like a square around the stick as opposed to a circle and the stick will hang in corners. My Neo Geo MVS has a really nice stick, real smooth and works perfectly for some SNK ass kicking action. I've contemplated retrofitting a stick from Happ into my PS2 pad, since the stick sucks.

[quote name='MarkMan']There's gonna be a better one for SF IV :)[/QUOTE]Any word on the button layout on that one? Will it only use 6 buttons since it's meant for Street Fighter? I prefer 8-button layouts because the lower-left button works nice for "Run" in UMK3.

[quote name='DaveD']My PS2 arcade stick has the button layout like that...I don't have a problem with it.

I find a lot of home arcade pads have goofy sticks, where it's almost like a square around the stick as opposed to a circle and the stick will hang in corners. My Neo Geo MVS has a really nice stick, real smooth and works perfectly for some SNK ass kicking action. I've contemplated retrofitting a stick from Happ into my PS2 pad, since the stick sucks.[/quote]

Look at your PS2 stick again.

I don't know of any PS2 sticks that have that same button layout/placing for the four face buttons.

What stick do you have?

So it's got a Sanwa stick, but Hori buttons. I'll probably pick one up and swap in real buttons.

Any idea what it's gonna cost and if it will be available in the US? It costs alot to get these things shipped from Japan, it'd be awesome if I could just get it on Amazon shipped free.

And I just spent a mint on a HRAP SA literally last week... I'm gonna be in the poorhouse.

[quote name='MarkMan']With all of the Hori Arcade Sticks coming out as of late, I felt compelled to do a write up to help inform people on what is out there and where to get it.

I put up an article on my website (http://sdtekken.com) which you can see here:

http://sdtekken.com/2008/06/05/hori-arcade-stick-mania/

If anyone has any suggestions on info to add or links to places that have it for sale, let me know.[/quote]

Nice writeup. Keeping track of all of Hori's sticks and the parts in those sticks can get quite confusing!

I love all my Hori sticks, and I'm actually glad I don't have a PS3, cos thats just more sticks I'd have to buy.

http://sdtekken.com/2008/06/07/soul-calibur-iv-arcade-stick/

[quote name='SDTEKKEN.COM']Fans of Hori’s smaller arcade sticks for the will be pleased to know that both the PS3’s Fighting Stick 3 and the Xbox 360’s Fighting Stick EX2 are being repackaged for Soul Calibur IV’s late July release. The SCIV themed sticks are identical to their previous incarnations and feature Soul Calibur IV themed artwork.[/quote]

Hori Soul Calibur IV Stick (Xbox 360)

2558872983_55831ee671_o.jpg

Soul Calibur IV Stick (PS3)

2559718492_1cbd60a4f7_o.jpg

---

AKA crap.

bread's done
Back