Hori Screen Protector not sitting on the edge?

JBlade00

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
So I just applied the Hori Screen protectors (flawlessly I might add, no bubbles) but it isn't sitting down all the way on the edge. There is about a centimeter all the way around where it looks like it's a layer of "bubble". I just got this psp from a user on CAG so the edge of the screen has some wear and I'm assuming that is the problem.

Anyone else experienced something similar? Any way to make it sit flush on the screen all the way around?

Thanks.

[quote name='JBlade00']So I just applied the Hori Screen protectors (flawlessly I might add, no bubbles) but it isn't sitting down all the way on the edge. There is about a centimeter all the way around where it looks like it's a layer of "bubble". I just got this psp from a user on CAG so the edge of the screen has some wear and I'm assuming that is the problem.

Anyone else experienced something similar? Any way to make it sit flush on the screen all the way around?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I'm not certain which model psp you're using, but I know that it's been impossible for me to apply the protector 100% accurately on any of my 2K models. I was able to do it perfectly on my old fat models, but not the slims.

I remember reading that the screen has some sort of imperfection as to how it sits, and hence makes it nearly impossible to put a protector 100% accurately on it.
Oh, and yes, the Hori protectors all leave a tiny space on the later models psp.

It's a 2K series. I'm not talking about in between the protector and the edge of the psp. I'm talking about under the edge of the protector. Similar to how a bubble is under the protector. Hopefully we are talking about the same thing here.

[quote name='JBlade00']It's a 2K series. I'm not talking about in between the protector and the edge of the psp. I'm talking about under the edge of the protector. Similar to how a bubble is under the protector. Hopefully we are talking about the same thing here.[/QUOTE]

I was referring to both.:)

If it's a 2K series, then I definitely understand. I've been able to get one edge of the screen (left or right) to go on perfectly, but when I get to the other end, it creates a bubble regardless. In one of them (I used to have 3), I got it so that it only created a tiny bubble in one of the 4 corners, but that took way too long to accomplish.:)

I eventually just gave up, and learned to live with it. Hey, that bubble on the edge will make it 1000 times easier to replace when the time comes.

bread's done
Back