Hori SoulCalibur V Arcade Stick (Xbox 360) $99.99 with free shipping @Newegg

This isn't actually a new deal. Not sure what's up with these (very large production?). I own one and they're amazing. Most places still have them at discount though.

If I just aim to use these to play shumps, is there any reason to spring for something this ritzy over my WWE All Stars Brawl Stick?

[quote name='RollingSkull']If I just aim to use these to play shumps, is there any reason to spring for something this ritzy over my WWE All Stars Brawl Stick?[/QUOTE]

Not for shmups alone. You only really need a TE if fighting games are something you play alot and not casually every once and a while. Or if you just have the money to spend that works too.

[quote name='prettycrazy']This isn't actually a new deal. Not sure what's up with these (very large production?). I own one and they're amazing. Most places still have them at discount though.[/QUOTE]

Hasn't been 89.99 yet it was only 99.99 at newegg and amazon for both consoles so I guess its a new deal in a sense

I submitted the price to Amazon so hopefully they'll match it.

I want to get a fight stick to play Persona 4 Arena properly.

[quote name='RollingSkull']If I just aim to use these to play shumps, is there any reason to spring for something this ritzy over my WWE All Stars Brawl Stick?[/QUOTE]

For Shmups it's not really a good investment. Instead of buying this, you can just buy a sanwa joystick to get better response on your brawl stick.

[quote name='Remoe']
Hasn't been 89.99 yet it was only 99.99 at newegg and amazon for both consoles so I guess its a new deal in a sense[/QUOTE]

It's actually been $89.99 a few weeks (months?) back but ended up climbing up to the $99.99 price and stayed there for ages.

Seimitsu stick would be great for shmups. Just drop that in there and maybe a few buttons as well. But if you do this mod you may be looking at a $60 cost already.

FWIW, for shmups most gamers prefer Seimitsu since it's not as sensitive as Sanwa BUT not in a bad way. For fighting games, majority of gamers use Sanwa but it's really just personal preference. I've got sticks with both brands & depending on my mood, that's what I use that day.

Forgot to mention might wanna try price matching this at Fry's if you have one locally. Although you'll have to pay ~$8 extra if Newegg doesn't charge tax in your state b/c Fry's will.

this is a great alternative to the shoddily-made madkatz sf vs tekken stick that is also in the $99 price range now. the madkatz te sticks are generally of good to great quality but that lemon is to be avoided like the plague.

also, i'm not sure about the xbox version but my ps3 version has great plug and play windows support. it is officially licensed for windows as well. used it on multiple boxes/variants at parties and never came across a hiccup.

I ordered something from newegg on Friday and since Sat afternoon the order status has been listed as "packaging"

Is that normal for a weekend?

bread's done
Back