Horrible experience from Newegg!

blackbird3216

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I decided to order a Panasonic VIERA 42" 1080p TH42PZ80U TV from newegg.com this Tuesday. I paid $799.99 for it. However, I was really busy this week, and didn't really check the status of my order until thursday, since i figured that this order would go fine like all the other orders I made at Newegg. I saw that it still said "submiitted" after all these days. So i call newegg and ask what's up. "Your credit card has been declined" WHAT! I call my credit card company. Sure enough, they require me to "verify" that i made my purchase before it goes through. Ok, so i verify it. 10 minutes later, i call newegg. "yes, your credit card went through this time. However, i am sorry that you will not receive a Tv because we are out of stock. Your credit card has been successfully charged though. Would you like to wait 3 days to see if it comes back in stock?":bomb: Why would my credit card company hold my transaction? And why would newegg allow people who made an order after me to receive my stock?

Im sorry for this long rant.

The main reason why they held the transaction is due to identity issues. For a large purchase like this they want to make sure its YOU who is making the charge and not someone else. That also is more than likely the reason why they sold out of the TVs since your transaction wasn't complete. I would call Newegg back and see how soon they will get more in. I'd imagine it won't be too long and perhaps because of the inconvience you might even get perhaps a discount, free shipping, or something else for your patience.

Good luck and let us know what happens.

Also for future reference don't assume the transaction is complete until you get something in your e-mail saying your Paypal/card/etc has been billed and the product has been shipped complete with tracking number. I had that happen to me a few months ago with Paypal but thankfully after a quick call the issue was fixed since it was a server communication error on their end.

i know it sucks but be a lil patient ,it may work out. But they should have sent you an email saying it was declined at least. when ever I place an order iwth new egg, i immediately get an email saying CC was charged.

wow. I never received an email from them other than the original order confirmation. But something better happened. IT SHIPPED TODAY!!!! Never expected them to clear this up so fast. I wonder how they were able to "ship" me a tv even though they sold out.

neweggsr7.jpg

To be honest they could of gotten more in today. My guess on why they told you to see if it would be back in stock within three days is in case their shipment got delayed for whatever reason. In either case glad to see everything worked out. I wouldn't call this a "horrible" experience by any means - just a few snags but ultimately it worked out.

Enjoy the new TV. :)

Glad to see it worked out for you.. I have nothing but good things to say about newegg in my experience.

I have had nothing but good experiences from newegg, plus they have a warehouse about three hours from me so I tend to get everything I order within 2 days or so.

Check on the newegg site, under order status, if I remember correctly my TN was there, but wasn't emailed to me for awhile last time

[quote name='blackbird3216']Is it normal that i haven't received a tracking number yet?[/QUOTE]

In my experience its usually at worst within a day before the tracking number finally comes up.

[quote name='blackbird3216']Is it normal that i haven't received a tracking number yet?[/QUOTE]

Newegg's tracking number take a while these days. Before, I'd get it as soon as I got the email saying my order shipped but now it seems like they don't send you the tracking info until UPS (or whoever's delivering your TV) picks it up.

So yeah, it's normal but at least you got the TV!:D

yea newegg rocks. A monitor I ordered last month had dropped back down 20 bucks like a week after I ordered it, and I went onto their eggxpert forums and talked to one of the CSR ppl who man the site. He gave me the 20 bucks back on it. They don't say no often, hell I don't even know if they do unless you're actively trying to screw them over.

bread's done
Back