Horror movies, whats your favorites?

Films that depict humans as the real horror:

- Night of the Living Dead (1968)
- Dawn of the Dead (1978)
- Day of the Dead
- Land of the Dead

I haven't seen Land of the Dead yet.
Hell up untill 2 years ago I never saw Night of the Living Dead.
Luckily it came on TV in the middle of the night and there was nothing else on so I watched it. What a great movie...

I have not seen the remakes of Night or Dawn, but from what I have heard the originals are best. I like Night in the original Black & White.

[quote name='thesilentshadow30']I haven't seen Land of the Dead yet.
Luckily it came on TV in the middle of the night and there was nothing else on so I watched it. What a great movie...

I have not seen the remakes of Night or Dawn, but from what I have heard the originals are best. I like Night in the original Black & White.[/QUOTE]

I love the Living Dead series, though I haven't seen Land or the Dawn remake yet. I do think that both the original Night and the remake have their merits, though. It all depends what you're looking for when you watch, I suppose. I love 'em both. Meanwhile, let me through a few in of my own....

Event Horizon, Cube, Halloween, Night of the Demons, Return of the Living Dead, Poltergeist, and if you like 'em really cheesy with lots of boobs, I highly recommend Hard to Die.

And those are just some off the top of my head. I'm sure if I really thought about it more, I'd come up with some other good ones.

Not really 'horror', but I saw Saw II tonight and it easily surpassed my already high expectations. Best movie I've seen this year, excluding 40 Year Old Virgin.

[quote name='BlueWingX']I love the Living Dead series, though I haven't seen Land or the Dawn remake yet. I do think that both the original Night and the remake have their merits, though. It all depends what you're looking for when you watch, I suppose. I love 'em both. Meanwhile, let me through a few in of my own....

Event Horizon, Cube, Halloween, Night of the Demons, Return of the Living Dead, Poltergeist, and if you like 'em really cheesy with lots of boobs, I highly recommend Hard to Die.

And those are just some off the top of my head. I'm sure if I really thought about it more, I'd come up with some other good ones.[/QUOTE]

event horizon SUCKED. they get pulled into hell - then rip off the Aliens ending?? WTF

cube was fun but clickhed charackerts and it didnt go nowhere - what a shitty mcguffin

SCREAM is where its at (to turntables and microfone

[quote name='BlueWingX']I love the Living Dead series, though I haven't seen Land or the Dawn remake yet. I do think that both the original Night and the remake have their merits, though. It all depends what you're looking for when you watch, I suppose. I love 'em both. Meanwhile, let me through a few in of my own....

And those are just some off the top of my head. I'm sure if I really thought about it more, I'd come up with some other good ones.[/QUOTE]

event horizon sucked - hey were in hell, lets wrap it up quick and rip off the aliens ending ROCKON

cube was cool - but wentnowhere and the charackters were krappppy

I used to really like The Shining, but it doesn't hold up. It's just boring now.

I reall liked the new Amityville Horror (haven't seen the original), the Exorcist trilogy, and Stephen King's Rose Red.

[quote name='Matt Young']I used to really like The Shining, but it doesn't hold up. It's just boring now.[/QUOTE]

come play with us

man its AWEOME

Other favorite horror films which transcend their genre:

- Halloween
- Alien
- The Shining (Kubrick)
- The Devil's Rejects

[quote name='U2K Tha Greate$t']Scream 1, 2, and 3.[/QUOTE]

Popcorn horror is the sucks. :O

[quote name='Brak']Popcorn horror is the sucks. :O[/QUOTE]

U2K is the sucks. :lol:

I don't watch many, but Aliens is on the top of my list.

[quote name='thesilentshadow30']I haven't seen Land of the Dead yet.

I have not seen the remakes of Night or Dawn, but from what I have heard the originals are best. I like Night in the original Black & White.[/QUOTE]

I've seen the NotLD remake and it was crap. The original is classic.

As far as movies that really scared me as a kid, I would say The Changeling was VERY scary.

I'm quite fond of:
Halloween
Friday the 13th Part 2
Ghost Story
Poltergeist
The Exorcist 1 and 3
Child's Play
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original)
Hellraiser

The Shining, Alien, and Night/Dawn of the Dead are not just amazing horror films, they are simply some of the best FILMS ever. Frailty, Seven, and Manhunter are also strong thriller/horror films. On a different note, as far as horror comedy goes, Shaun of the Dead, Ghostbusters, and Young Frankenstein are top-notch.

bread's done
Back