Hot Deal! Taiko Drum Master PS2 - $14.44 - Loblaws YMMV

maigoyume

CAGiversary!
Feedback
127 (100%)
I was at Loblaws (Ontario, Mississauga, Erin Mills) picking up some soft drinks for a party yesterday, when I noticed this item in the sale zone as I was leaving. I immediately bought two of them!

This is an addictive japanese drum game for the PS2. The package comes with one drum and a ps2 game.

This item was located in a couple shopping carts, housing random things, placed on the walkout strip after the counters. Other items include DDR Pads, movies, and other various things. There was a big barcode price tag with a couple boxes sitting underneath. I don't know if this is a sale at every Loblaws, but you can give it a try!

Taiko Drum Master for PS2 for $14.44 (Brand New)

Courtesy of RFD

WOW. Now I must time travel to when my Loblaws closed 12 years ago and pick one up. I thought these places didn't exist anymore.

[quote name='sqyxzylyx']It's a good deal. BTW, it is $19.99 on all TRUs now.[/quote]

oh bummer, i spent $40 canadian on this thing for my friends bday present

For $15-$20 I highly reccommend picking this game up. I found it marked down to $20 at Best Buy last January and have had a lot of fun with it.

[quote name='pimpinc333']WOW. Now I must time travel to when my Loblaws closed 12 years ago and pick one up. I thought these places didn't exist anymore.[/QUOTE]

That's silly. 12 years ago, there won't even be a PS1 section, let alone PS2.

[quote name='maigoyume']oh bummer, i spent $40 canadian on this thing for my friends bday present[/quote]

Ya I remember seeing you buy this item off eBay :lol:

So how are you doing with your eBay "hunt"? Any new items recently?

Yes, these exist in BC. They're called "Real Canadian Superstore", and there are copies of Taiko Drum Master available in their photo department (not all locations). I just got one for myself in Edmonton AB.

[quote name='Ramman77']Ya I remember seeing you buy this item off eBay :lol:

So how are you doing with your eBay "hunt"? Any new items recently?[/quote]

trying.................to.................cut...............down, spent like $260 on gaming last month

[quote name='maigoyume']trying.................to.................cut...............down, spent like $260 on gaming last month[/quote]

LOL :lol:...same here man, same here.

I signed up on July 11 to eBay, and right now I've spent about $300-350 since then :(

I think I bought about 17 games on there, a Bongo controller, two strategy guides, and a 1019 memory card.

Man..my VISA statement is gonna SUCK. :cold:

Must...stop...spending.

...but still, $260 is a fair amount too ;)...what games have you been getting?

[quote name='Ramman77']LOL :lol:...same here man, same here.

I signed up on July 11 to eBay, and right now I've spent about $300-350 since then :(

I think I bought about 17 games on there, a Bongo controller, two strategy guides, and a 1019 memory card.

Man..my VISA statement is gonna SUCK. :cold:

Must...stop...spending.

...but still, $260 is a fair amount too ;)...what games have you been getting?[/quote]

uh this is what i got last month

July
--------------------------------------
Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble $15
Battles of Prince of Persia DS $15
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones $20.33
X-Men Legends $22.59
DDR Dance Pad (official first party) $26
Mario figures (nintendo world figures) $40
Donkey Konga 1 + 2 NTSC-JAP + 2 bongos + action replay + mem card 59
$92.73
Summoner: A Goddess Reborn $15
Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening $15
$261.65

[quote name='maigoyume']uh this is what i got last month

July
Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble $15
Battles of Prince of Persia DS $15
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones $20.33
X-Men Legends $22.59
DDR Dance Pad (official first party) $26
Mario figures (nintendo world figures) $40
Donkey Konga 1 + 2 NTSC-JAP + 2 bongos + action replay + mem card 59
$92.73
Summoner: A Goddess Reborn $15
Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening $15
$261.65[/quote]

Wow nice! :lol: Prices seem to be pretty good...are they new or used games?

How's that Summoner game? You picked it up from that store that was advertised here, right? I took a quick look at it, and was intrigued since it was an RPG...but I'm not sure how good the game is.

The JAP Donkey Konga seems to be sweet too...that's a pretty nice package, with the bongos, action replay, and memory card (are they new?)...I bet the jap songs are a lot better than the Donkey Konga games here, no?

For me, I just received my VISA statement for July, so I thought that I'd make a summary of money I wasted :cry:..since I only buy new + sealed games, I probably could've saved a lot of $ buying used:

Metroid Prime w/ Bonus Disc ($22.56)
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicals + Guide ($20.88)
Logitech MX-518 Gaming Mouse ($29.37)
X-Men: Legends II ($18.05)
Resident Evil 1 ($16.57)
Fight Night Round 2 ($11.73)
Call of Duty 2: Big Red One ($16.78)
Resident Evil 0 ($15.10)
Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes ($23.72)
DK Bongos + MGS: Twin Snakes Guide ($24.61)

...and I also bought 6 games together, which costed me $93.94! :hot:

[ (1) NBA Street V3, (2) Def Jam: Fight for NY, (3) Killer 7, (4) Metal Arms: Glitch in the System, (5) TimeSplitters: Future Perfect, and (6) Geist ]

TOTAL: 18 Items, $293.31! Ouch.

[quote name='Ramman77']Wow nice! :lol: Prices seem to be pretty good...are they new or used games?

How's that Summoner game? You picked it up from that store that was advertised here, right? I took a quick look at it, and was intrigued since it was an RPG...but I'm not sure how good the game is.

The JAP Donkey Konga seems to be sweet too...that's a pretty nice package, with the bongos, action replay, and memory card (are they new?)...I bet the jap songs are a lot better than the Donkey Konga games here, no?

For me, I just received my VISA statement for July, so I thought that I'd make a summary of money I wasted :cry:..since I only buy new + sealed games, I probably could've saved a lot of $ buying used:

Metroid Prime w/ Bonus Disc ($22.56)
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicals + Guide ($20.88)
Logitech MX-518 Gaming Mouse ($29.37)
X-Men: Legends II ($18.05)
Resident Evil 1 ($16.57)
Fight Night Round 2 ($11.73)
Call of Duty 2: Big Red One ($16.78)
Resident Evil 0 ($15.10)
Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes ($23.72)
DK Bongos + MGS: Twin Snakes Guide ($24.61)

...and I also bought 6 games together, which costed me $93.94! :hot:

[ (1) NBA Street V3, (2) Def Jam: Fight for NY, (3) Killer 7, (4) Metal Arms: Glitch in the System, (5) TimeSplitters: Future Perfect, and (6) Geist ]

TOTAL: 18 Items, $293.31! Ouch.[/quote]

Most of the stuff I picked up last month was definitely worth it, everything was new except for link's awakening (cart only) and donkey konga stuff (everything was used but the discs had NO scratches whatsoever, good thing the guy was a collector ;) boxes were in almost mint condition too, the mem card he sent had all the songs unlocked already too :) only reason i wanted the action replay was for the freeloader, and the bongos were mint)
yea i grabbed summoner and link's awakening from the gamedeals clearance sale, not a bad deal, its an alright game, worth $15 but not more, i haven't had a chance to play it yet, going to today, the guy who sold me donkey konga said the songs are much better, and i know enough japanese to navigate the menus and read a few words here and there, but in general japanese songs are better than english ones. thats a given :lol:

I just searched up your username, was wondering why the heck you had 6 feedback from one person, sounded like you went nuts with the spending, probably to combine shipping am i right?

[quote name='maigoyume']
I just searched up your username, was wondering why the heck you had 6 feedback from one person, sounded like you went nuts with the spending, probably to combine shipping am i right?[/quote]

Heh ya...shipping for the first item from the person was $9.99, but all she had an awesome combined shipping, with additional items only costing $2 to ship.

I bought 3 games from her, and told her I was interested in another 3, and asked if I could get a discount if I bought all 6.

I ended up buying all 6 for a total shipping of $15 together, with insurance and sent in a box.

[quote name='Ramman77']Heh ya...shipping for the first item from the person was $9.99, but all she had an awesome combined shipping, with additional items only costing $2 to ship.

I bought 3 games from her, and told her I was interested in another 3, and asked if I could get a discount if I bought all 6.

I ended up buying all 6 for a total shipping of $15 together, with insurance and sent in a box.[/quote]

you sir, are insane :) ah well not a bad thing, just watch with your spending, and don't blame me if you have to sell your stuff cause of ebay ;)

[quote name='maigoyume']you sir, are insane :) ah well not a bad thing, just watch with your spending, and don't blame me if you have to sell your stuff cause of ebay ;)[/quote]

Heh oh well I made myself feel better by asking my supervisor for "as many shifts as possible".

He ended up scheduling me for 80 hrs of work the next 2 weeks, which sucks but I should be getting more than enough money to cover the overspending. :D

[quote name='Ramman77']Heh oh well I made myself feel better by asking my supervisor for "as many shifts as possible".

He ended up scheduling me for 80 hrs of work the next 2 weeks, which sucks but I should be getting more than enough money to cover the overspending. :D[/quote]
woohoo, thats gonna drain ya like nothing else, i work about 25-30 hrs a week and i'm pretty tired

[quote name='maigoyume']woohoo, thats gonna drain ya like nothing else, i work about 25-30 hrs a week and i'm pretty tired[/quote]

...you're telling me :D ...yesterday I worked a shift where I was riding around on a bike for 11.5 hours straight :drool:

...my legs feel like spaghetti today...and I have to go to work for another 4 hours of biking again in an hour :bomb:

[quote name='Ramman77']...you're telling me :D ...yesterday I worked a shift where I was riding around on a bike for 11.5 hours straight :drool:

...my legs feel like spaghetti today...and I have to go to work for another 4 hours of biking again in an hour :bomb:[/quote]
whats your job? I work at memphis blues bbq house as a line cook ;) one of the top 10 restaurants in vancouver, come by sometime :D

http://www.memphisbluesbbq.com

its award winning bbq ;)

[quote name='maigoyume']whats your job? I work at memphis blues bbq house as a line cook ;) one of the top 10 restaurants in vancouver, come by sometime :D

http://www.memphisbluesbbq.com

its award winning bbq ;)[/quote]

Sweeeet! BBQ rules! :lol:

I'll be sure to check it out the next time I head to dinner in Vancouver.

ADD: Which one do you work at? I took a quick look at the site and there are 3 restaurants in the Vancouver area.

[quote name='amos_82']I got my Taiko DrumMaster at EB for $17.99 USED. It is worth every penny.[/quote]
I got it for my friends bday present *is a friggin good friend*

bread's done
Back