Hot Fuzz or 300?

klew

CAGiversary!
I realize they're pretty different, but which did you enjoy most?

Personally, can't decide which DVD to get (haven't seen either).

Like Shaun of the Dead and cop movies as well as sword & sandal epics (though Sin City's gore turned me off), so a difficult choice sight unseen.

[quote name='vicious7171']I'd say Hot Fuzz. Movies like HF get better with every watch. It's especially good if you are a fan of action moves such as Point Break and Bad Boys 2, since there are a lot of in-jokes related to those movies.[/QUOTE]

I've heard that before; will it make it less funny if I haven't seen PB or BB2?

(BTW, 300 edges HF 15 to 14, though I'm probably the only one who cares ...)

[quote name='klew']I realize they're pretty different, but which did you enjoy most?

Personally, can't decide which DVD to get (haven't seen either).

Like Shaun of the Dead and cop movies as well as sword & sandal epics (though Sin City's gore turned me off), so a difficult choice sight unseen.[/QUOTE]

If your not a fan of gore the selection will have to be Hot Fuzz. There are more decapatations that I could count on both my hands in 300.

[quote name='joserjerr']If your not a fan of gore the selection will have to be Hot Fuzz. There are more decapatations that I could count on both my hands in 300.[/QUOTE]

thx, joserjerr. funny you should raise decapitations; here's what I said earlier about that ...

[quote name='klew']The thing with the gore is I don't mind it if it seems integral to the story. So I'm bothered less with multiple decapitations and impalements when it's a war movie, for instance, than something else, even a grisly crime drama.[/QUOTE]

tho i did read HF gets a little grisly at times. hopefully nothing like the live disembowelment in Shaun! that was extreme

:whistle2:( I take back my original assessment, 300 on DVD looks like trash. Anyone else think it's massively grainy? Even when I turn the sharpness all the way down it looks like trash :whistle2:\

[quote name='shyguy1083']first-week release sale prices finish tomorrow... make your choice yet?[/QUOTE]

Tough choice (votes now tied at 18). I was going to get Hot Fuzz with Shaun of the Dead for $20 (can't beat that), BUT Best Buy sold out of the latter early and never restocked.

That said, I picked up 300. Hard to live up to the hype, and so far it's not quite up to my expectations. But I AM enjoying it; it's entertaining and a beautiful film.

So I'll withhold final judgement till I've seen the entire film. Looking forward to finishing it and taking in all the features (picked up the 2-disc version, sans helmet).

Thanks for everyone's input. I don't think I could have gone wrong, and will pick up HF eventually (when it's a two-pack with SotD).

The Wal-Mart here in Henderson, NV has Hot Fuzz and a bonus disc with 3+ hours of extras for $19.99 (It's a two pack). I don't know what is on the extra disc, but I have yet to see another store that has this disc... I'm tempted to buy it.

300 hands down! Besides wait for Hotfuzz to drop in price much like Shaun of the Dead did. 300 is more mainstream so the price will be consistantly higher in the long run, unless you catch it on sale as i did!

Hot Fuzz. 300 is worth a watch, but I can't see myself ever going back to watch it again. Hot Fuzz I will be watching again and again for years to come.

Definitely getting HF eventually (votes swinging in its favor, 21 to 19); could use the laughs especially after 300. I liked it, but too cold and superficial. I plan on watching again soon; hoping it grows on me.

What is it with David Wenham (aka Dilios), always choosing lost causes? Frankly, LOTR: ROTK's charge of the Light Brigade if you will, which he led as Faramir, was more moving than the sacrifice depicted here.

In fact, I much preferred Gladiator and, yes, even Troy over 300. Which no doubt will undercut my credibility with many here. Still, 300 IS entertaining as indicated before. And the features are decent, such as the historical comparison.

[quote name='the3rdkey']I thought both were comedies?

Hot Fuzz and 300 both made me laugh.[/QUOTE]

I hope in a good way ...

bread's done
Back